Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 am

Charge Blade premiered 4th gen. And I guess they figured they wouldn't need a new weapon type for world because they already introduced the slingshot.

I feel like a new weapon type would be somewhat related to either the Bow or the Insect Glaive, seeing how most weapon types come in similar pairs for maximum pottery. Maybe some kind of spear?

And didn't one of the MMORPG spinoffs have tonfa wepaons?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 am
Yes and that's be the obvious choice to bring to the mainline series.

They look pretty cool and fast.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 24, 2020 12:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 am
Charge Blade premiered 4th gen. And I guess they figured they wouldn't need a new weapon type for world because they already introduced the slingshot.

I feel like a new weapon type would be somewhat related to either the Bow or the Insect Glaive, seeing how most weapon types come in similar pairs for maximum pottery. Maybe some kind of spear?

Slingshot is more of an item shortcut. It's so broken because it gives blademasters all the advantages of gunners without having to wear shitty armor. It lets you spam broken shit like scatternuts to stunlock bosses, where previous iterations of MH would demand you dedicate yourself to a gunner build if you want to pellet shot-lock enemies from safety.

The tonfa looks good and would fill the role of another fast, short-rage weapon. I'm surprised World didn't port it over as DLC for $40, as is capcom's tendency now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 24, 2020 12:29 pm

Just wait for Super Monster Hunter World.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 24, 2020 2:17 pm

I remember now where I last left of. I need to get my hunter rank up. There's a part of the airship place you can only enter at a certain hunter rank. I believe it was rank 5 and I'm 4 right now. There should be a vendor named Kathy. I need those fucking Tanzia Chips for my ultra efficient item load out and she's the only one selling them!

Edit:
Reached rank 5. Well, I still can't get my fucking Chips. I got a lot of new quests, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 25, 2020 3:43 am

I'll power grind through the hunter rank tomorrow. It's driving me mad that Tanzia Chips are in the game but nobody anywhere explains how to get them. Like, I know who the fuck sells them and that specific Loc-Lac marm gave me a quest just now but she isn't a vendor.
If y'all niggers don't know what they do, they are basically a Sushi Fish that has the time to eat of a pill. Stops bleeding and instantly heals red health. So you can just be poisoned for ages and as long as you didn't get hit one quick munch will recover all that red health instantly.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 25, 2020 6:09 am

What game are you playing that has the tanzia chips in? I was looking and it sounds like they're in 3U as well. I'm just creeping along in low rank 3U right now like the snail hunter I am.
SpoilerShow
I actually did beat low rank in MH gen iirc. Better controls + better maps than 4U made it fun and simple.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 25, 2020 7:35 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:09 am
What game are you playing that has the tanzia chips in?
I'm playing GenU and they are supposedly in it. They originated in 3U. You can buy them at Port Tanzia. 98z a pop. You can only carry five but they are upgraded Sushi Fish.
World has a similar item called Astera Jerky, which you can buy from some vendor that shows up eventually.

I know that the Soratorium has another bridge to the right. You can't use it but there was some NPC that told you you'd only get access to it at a certain hunter level. That NPC isn't there anymore. But I know you can go over there. The wiki even has these pictures:
(Why can't you just fucking save a damn image from those wikis normally?)

So I KNOW you can get there. Kiranico also lists them as in the game and the wiki tells me you get them from Kathy, the damn Port Tanzia guild girl. She gave me a quest in Yukumo just now. She also gives you quests early on for Tanzia Beer and seeks to market it. This time around she wanted to market a snack to go along with it. But I can't for the life of me find concrete information about that location otherwise.
I'll progress in hunter ranks. It was either rank 5 (obviously isn't) or 7. It should be rank 8 at the latest because by that point you're considered to be in G-rank for the online missions.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 25, 2020 8:36 am

If you're not in g-rank then it'll probably open up eventually as you go up in ranks. A lot of the mechanics of monhun aren't even available until high rank. The farm and cooking didn't really open up in 2nd gen until after finishing low rank. I found the tanzia chips after posting that. I probably won't use them too much though, because even 100z apiece is kind of spendy at this point. I'm in a bit of a cash crunch in 3U. I never like to sell materials even when I should, so I end up cash poor. Been using the Ludroth set because it nulls heat. Armor that nulls heat and frost are really nice for casual play. Fuck that annoying shit!

I never ran into any cash problems in Gen because of the broken dlc items lol. 4U forging and upgrading costs a lot less than 3U. But honestly, can I say that I prefer 4U for that reason? No. It's not really better or worse, just different.

Can I just say that I really dislike the kitchen in Gen? I hate that stupid fondue bowl they all have. The kitchens should be different based on what town you go to. Capcom was being lazy and not wanting to port over old animation sets for the cooking. Yukumo shouldn't have a fucking fondue pot. It's a really small thing but I do love nit-picking.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 25, 2020 9:10 am

Yeah I'm not in G but it annoys me that something as relatively simple as those chips are so difficult to get by. Village quests I'm at 9star out of 10 so it's not as if I didn't make any progress.
They aren't cheap. That's not the point. They are for my ultra efficiency set as I had it in 3U and 4U. It even replaces steaks with Mega Dash Juice and such. A very compact item set that covers everything but is expensive. It's not by any means necessary but I have fun making up item sets like that. The goal is to have as little items as possible, cover every single ailment and have everything as quickly usable as possible.
Think of it like a prepper making an Altoids tin survival kit. I'm German. Efficiency is my crack cocaine. :lol:
I don't min-max armour sets and instead go for homogenous armour sets plus weapon, plus palico armour and weapons. I don't like mixing those. Just like how I go full Fashionframe in Warframe. My item sets are my personal way of min-maxing.

The best kitchens are in 4U. As you upgrade it so do the ingredients in a great way and I absolutely loved the option of making ten well done steaks having an animation of the cat grilling them on one giant, long spit roast.
I cut GenU some slack because cheese fondue is beyond delicious IRL. But you're right that they should've implemented a larger variety, preferably all previous ones for a gold star in effort. The kitchen is a big deal for me as well, no matter how silly it may sound. I have never once in my life skipped a meal animation in any MonHun and I never will. It's a ritual.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!