Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:06 pm

Raichu is the best Pikachu form. The gen 7 one is mega aids tho. Pichu is fucking cancer.

Big ups Raichu. RAICHU USE ANODDA BOHDY SLAHM

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Never liked Raichu. He's fat. Liked Lt Surge though, and his token American phrases
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

It's basically Kugel's idea of the Japanese language
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:46 am

I sometimes forget that Zelda is a nintendo property because some of the games are actually good. Shame that every Zelda game in the 3d era (except Majora) was easier than the previous one.

OoT > WW > TP (it's debatable but TP is really easy) > faggy wii one

No idea about breath of the wild. It doesn't seem like zelda to me, with such an emphasis on overworld shit and gathering supplies instead of dungeon crawling.

I've been playing a bit of Link's Awakening DX and I'm changing my mind about it. It used to be my favorite Zelda game, but the Oracle games have so many quality of life improvements over it. Not to mention being easily twice the length if not three times... The two Oracle games also have slightly different priorities. Ages seems to focus more on puzzles and Seasons more on combat, or so it seemed to me. Both fantastic games and probably my favorite Zelda games. I do like Ocarina of Time though... It's pretty much mandated that you must like OoT (IIRC it's the highest-rated game of all time). The gameplay holds up fine and it's still impressive for such an early 3d game.

Sadly, Nintendo took exactly the wrong lessons from the 3d zelda games. As I said, every game (minus majora) is easier than the one before and that's not cool. The damage you take in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess is about 1/2 what it should be for the game to be enjoyable. It's just not fun when you fall on your ass because you made a mistake, yet only lose 1/4 of a heart. The 1/4 heart shit needs to die. You should take 1/2 heart damage at minimum and 1 full heart of damage should be the average. Dying fast isn't a problem in Zelda games because Faeries exist and death doesn't remove progress, only positioning. So these games don't NEED to be as fucking easy as they are.

I'd have a lot more fun playing 3d Zelda if the combat were even remotely as difficult as the puzzling sometimes can be.

None of these complaints apply to the Oracle games because you can't store faeries in the Oracle games and enemies deal more damage. Plus, enemies can sort of stunlock you in corners to deal a lot of damage quickly. Your window of invulnerability after being hit is very, very short.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:25 pm

But game overs make the widdle kids angry. Can't have that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:46 am
Shame that every Zelda game in the 3d era (except Majora) was easier than the previous one.
Mate, that's every Nintendo game. Not just Zelda
rabidtictac wrote:
None of these complaints apply to the Oracle games because you can't store faeries in the Oracle games
No but you can store Red Potion instead
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:59 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Shame that every Zelda game in the 3d era (except Majora) was easier than the previous one.
Mate, that's every Nintendo game. Not just Zelda
rabidtictac wrote:
None of these complaints apply to the Oracle games because you can't store faeries in the Oracle games
No but you can store Red Potion instead
It costs like 300 rupees or something insane to get the potion, which functions as a fairy and is only sold by 1 vendor in the game. I realize rupees don't really matter, but you're not going to be able to always have 300 to hand, especially not if you die more than once every few hours of play time.

Crazy Tracy in Link's Awakening sells it for less and that's another reason I'm revising my opinion of that game. It's too easy to get the fairy equivalent in Link's Awakening.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:59 pm
It costs like 300 rupees or something insane to get the potion
Run into the witch and you can get one for free
rabidtictac wrote:
Crazy Tracy in Link's Awakening sells it for less and that's another reason I'm revising my opinion of that game. It's too easy to get the fairy equivalent in Link's Awakening.
Mate, Oracle is not difficult. Last time I played Seasons I beat it without dying and I didn't even have to cheat to do it
Kugelfisch wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
It costs like 300 rupees or something insane to get the potion
Run into the witch and you can get one for free
rabidtictac wrote:
Mate, Oracle is not difficult. Last time I played Seasons I beat it without dying and I didn't even have to cheat to do it
I'm not saying the Oracle games are super hard. I'm saying they balance difficulty a lot better than the 3d games made after Majora. The witch that gives you a free potion doesn't always drop one, won't appear in dungeons/subrosia and has an element of RNG in whether or not she appears at all. You could grind potions off her (you can only hold 1 but you could go grind one whenever you needed one,) but why bother? The extra added time to go farm that shit relegates its use largely to the DSPs of the world who need their safety net.

My point is that the level of effort to get fairies is a lot higher than in other games. OoT and all subsequent games basically bathe you in faeries from the start of the game until the end. Faeries even spawn in fucking dungeons so you don't need to go out of your way to always have at least 2 bottled. It takes like 2 seconds to use a bottle on a fairy in the middle of dungeon crawling. Wind Waker had grandma's soup, a ridiculously OP healing potion you could get for free 100% reliably with no effort (just warp to the starting island), in addition to throwing tons of faeries at you in the game itself.

Hell, Ocarina is an easy game too. I'd never say it's not. It's easy as fuck! But it's still harder than basically every other zelda game made post-N64. I don't know why it's so fucking hard for nintendo to add a higher difficulty option and make it available at the start of the game. Witcher 3 is piss-easy too, especially compared to witcher 2, but the devs had the good grace to add more difficulty modes so players could adjust how quickly they steamrolled the game.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Well, the newer ones do some kind of Hero Mode or however it's called which afaik forces you to play through the entire game with your starting hearts. But I guess this is where the "and make it available at the start of the game" comes in.
They probably don't want little kids to accidentally pick the wrong option and get the "wrong" impression of the game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:45 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:51 pm
I'm not saying the Oracle games are super hard. I'm saying they balance difficulty a lot better than the 3d games made after Majora.
Difficulty doesn't just amount to 'how easy is it to get fairies/life potion/whatever'. Yeah, maybe it's more difficult to come by in the Oracle games but from my personal experience you'd have to be retarded to keep needing it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:51 pm
I don't know why it's so fucking hard for nintendo to add a higher difficulty option and make it available at the start of the game.
Because their target audience is mainly children and, despite everything, they still listen to whiny journo soy faggots who have difficulty with games that aren't just walking sims. The days when Nintendo would make the games difficult so you'd get maximum value out of them are gone, they've been replaced by the days when the fucking CPU beats the levels for you if you want, so that faggots can 'experience' the whole game or whatever
Kugelfisch wrote: