Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:26 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:03 am
So I bought another original Xbox and I'm surprised how powerful it is.
Oh yeah, pretty cute looking for a PC at that time :roll:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 am

The problem I have with original xbox is the console was made kind of poorly and every xbox I've owned has had technical problems. We really need good xbox emulation for the entire library (region free too) so we can just retire the console completely. I want to play muh nigga gaiden black and otogi 2, but I'm so sick of the fucking hard drives failing, disc drives failing etc.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:43 am

IIRC Microshaft did some dumb 3DO shit where every Hexbox had parts made by different manufacutrers and some are a lot more dodgy than others.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Just get a modded one and play everything from the HD.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Original xbox games are usually much better than the PS2 counterparts and cheaper if you like to collect physical.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm
Original xbox games are usually much better than the PS2 counterparts and cheaper if you like to collect physical.
True. That's one reason I like the system. But I fucking hate how unstable the disc drive and components are. I fixed one xbox by myself when I first bought it (bought a lemon from a scammer.) But it eventually broke again in a different way. Then I bought a different xbox and that one is dodgy as fuck too and barely works, if at all. I've heard many stories of people having problems getting running xboxes ever since I bought my first one.

Ps2's sometimes fuck up with the disc reader, and so do gamecubes. But other than that, the systems tend to work decently. The Gamecube in particular is impossible to kill. But xbox is a fragile bitch.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:13 pm

Yeah I used to have a xbox that had a disc drive that got stuck but managed to find a pretty good one for a few bucks and swapped them out. I've had pretty bad luck with PS2's just not working but a gamecube always does.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:19 pm

You and everyone else, mad bum. Seems like EVERYONE who owned an xbox had one of those shitty disc drives that either stopped reading disks or got stuck or both. For the longest time after I fixed the first one, it would read discs but I had to keep a disc in or the drive would get stuck. The "new" xbox I got a year or two ago was supposed to be able to read discs, but it's been extremely spotty on actually reading them and I get a shit ton of disc read errors off clean discs. It pissed me off so I finally unplugged the fucker. You spend so much for the true and authentic retrofag experience and the shitpile consoles can't even hold together for LIGHT use.

Original xbox is probably one of my favorite console libraries, and its controller (s type) was great. But the console itself was built very poorly.

Meanwhile my gamecube is thrown around like a basketball, collects dust on my floor and gets kicked occasionally, yet never fails to boot up and play perfectly. :lol: Shame about the nogames tho...
RAPEMAN wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 am

So many shit consoles with garbage disc drives. I'm starting to think Nintendo was on to something in staying with carts for the N64. I have a SCPH-1001 PlayStation whose disc drive fails if you fucking stare at it too hard.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:03 am

I never had a problem with my Xbox, neither did the only other guy I knew that had one. I've gone through five 360s, though. My original PS2 also broke. The ancient PSX is fine. If those overheat it's usually enough to put them on the head.
Oh and my Dreamcast has the usual toothpick fix like just about every single one of them requires.
Nintendo systems tend to be very sturdy. I'm sure there are problems with newer ones but I've never had one fail.
My NeoGeos are also fine.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!