Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: Retro Games

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:44 am

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
YOU'RE NOW AN ADVENTURERER : you started playing a game!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
BE MY GUEST : you posted as a guest poster!!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOC...

UGHHHH!! Achievement is a cancer, delet them all.
Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 am
Retroarch a shit, stand alone emulators ftw.
As if that guest poster can figure out what emulator to use on his own without having a #PanicAttack.
No, that never happens.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:10 am

Pen Pal wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:05 am
Why would you want achievements for games that aren't intended to have them?
I don't want achievements in games that DO have them. Retroarch achievements are gay as fuck and a perfect example of the useless bloat that has polluted that project.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:40 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:44 am
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
YOU'RE NOW AN ADVENTURERER : you started playing a game!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
BE MY GUEST : you posted as a guest poster!!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOC...
You jest about forum achievements, but there is a certain forum out there who has them by the handful.

Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:10 pm

All those old games have scores. There's your "achievements".
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:22 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:10 am
Pen Pal wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:05 am
Why would you want achievements for games that aren't intended to have them?
I don't want achievements in games that DO have them. Retroarch achievements are gay as fuck and a perfect example of the useless bloat that has polluted that project.
Its just more autism piled onto some of the most autistic software known to man.

Moe Bitches

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Yeah I mean the last update I used was when they added that PS3/PSP background but not to the point where it had pointless achievements.
"I just feel that stating an obvious joke could get tired sometimes so I try to make something else out of it to the point where it's not a joke, rendering it not funny. It is no joke to be blind/seeing nothing but darkness."

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:32 pm

What did you expect? Retroarch is emulation for dumb babies, and dumb babies get confused if they don't see achievements popping up because they need constant validation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 am

I hate Final Fight because of retarded difficulty but I give all my reddit bronze💩 to whoever responsible for this. Final Fight truly sucks though. Also, fuck Crapcom💩

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:09 am

Final Fight's difficulty was clearly balanced around eating quarters. If you compare it to Streets of Rage 1 and 2, you can see a very obvious divide between the design philosophy of arcade vs home console. Streets of Rage 1 and 2 were made for home consoles, not arcades, so they didn't have to pull any cheap bullshit to steal your quarters. The resulting games are hard but completely fair. Final Fight is not fair at all.

But why even bring streets of rage into this? Look at the made-for-console SNES game: Final Fight 3. Laughably easy compared to Final Fight 1.

I'll always love games like Final Fight for making beat em ups a thing that was decently popular for a while. Beat em ups are one of my favorite game genres. But Final Fight itself is a hard game to love, because it's so fucking jank. When you're playing it well, you're basically breaking the game with shit like the turn around punch infinite glitch. Cheating to beat the game's cheating. You don't need any broken bullshit to beat Streets of Rage, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand or River City Ransom, because those games were made well.

Final Fight is comparable to a bad souls knock-off, in that the game often feels hard for the sake of being hard. I know some fans of beat em ups who absolutely hate final fight because of the design. But it's hardly the only capcom beat em up to share that approach to difficulty. Knights of the Round is a fantastic game, but the bosses are often pure bullshit.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:12 am

Speaking of pointless achievements, btw, Romancing Saga 2 has them. I can gloat about being better than 58% of users at playing a SNES game ported to pissfour or whatever the fuck.

They're also in Romancing Saga 3, although I mostly noticed those when you recruit a new character.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.