Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: Retro Games

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:05 am

It's not just an admin, IIRC basically the entire boards/communities agreed to give him an Alex Jones treatment for a very SJW reason. BD getting ModDB award later was quite funny though.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 pm

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/11/n ... 0hz/72536/
In a recent blog post over on the PlayStation Blog, it was revealed that nine of the twenty games will be running at 50Hz due to them being based on the PAL version, which means that they will be limited to running at just 25 frames per second.
And the two fighting games on it are apart of that 9. Not only is it using an ancient, shitty emulator but about half the games will be running at shitty frame rates that I am glad I no longer have to deal with. It just keeps getting worse for this thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:27 pm

PREMONITION

Seriously, what the actual fuck is Sony doing. Sony should be banned. Even a cheap Chinese phone with a competent emulator does better than that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:11 am

Let me tell you the story of Virtual Console on the Wii.
Every year, Nintendo would celebrate some Jap holiday and release five highly requested VC games. Five instead of the usual one per week. Not that the premise of only releasing one ROM a week was silly enough, they also kept that to Japan only. So that'd lead to curious shit like SMB2 (the actual one) being not available in Europe.
To add insult to injury, the European VC got the PAL version. For no good reason, since I doubt many people were using their Wii with a tube telly, much less one that can't handle 60Hz, which hasn't been a thing since the 90s. My tube from the late 90s can run at 60Hz perfectly fine.
Thanks, Nintendo! :roll:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:15 pm

I can almost understand Nintendo doing that if they want to provide the "authentic" European versions with their translations (and I guess dumping the text into the NTSC version is too much effort). But that still doesn't explain why they don't let you switch to the NTSC version if you prefer (or just offer both version for sale if you want).

But Sony on the other hand wants to hand out the shitty PAL versions everywhere.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Wait, so even the burgers get the PAL version? Impressive, Sony, impressive.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Thinking about buying an SNES mini so I can play Star Fox 2. Anyone have one who wants to offer opinions for/against?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Can't you just use bsnes?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm

I can't into emulators, I'm not an emulator kind of guy.
I don't mind giving Nintendo money, they're the least evil company I've ever given money to.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 am

I have one, and before you nigs get on me about it it's because I sold one for $160 when they first came out basically making it free. It's okay, the game are solid enough, I haven't played star fox 2 because the N64 version will be the best one.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]