Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 pm
Heck, there's even a shop in the shadow world (or however it was called again) where you can just buy the level 2 shield if your old one got nommed.
That was guestfag's initial complaint. That he's such a fucking scrub that he couldn't find enough money in A Link to the fucking Past to go and buy the shield upgrade
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 pm

I kinda glanced over that tidbit because the game is so dense. Every screen has so many respawning Rupees.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Die Hard for the NES, on an emulator. Graphics and controls are kinda crap, but the gameplay is great.
You got 5+ varied floors to explore in any order, exactly 40 enemies to take out before the terrorists get in the vault and a variety of weapons and items to loot. There's lots of movie scenes you can recreate like jumping off the roof, contacting the police, exploring the vent shafts etc.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Those old NES movie games were a hoot. Die Hard Trilogy's still better though, especially for a first gen game. It's just a shame there's no thumbstick support.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Die hard trilogy was quite a.......

HIDDEN GEM

But no seriously it's underappreciated and shadowed over the die hard arcade beat em up game, it's pretty damn good.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:04 pm

I think I had Die Hard Trilogy on a PSX demo disc, the kind that came in magazines. I was a poorfag kid back then who only bought like 2 games a year so I never got the game proper.

The demo stage was Dulles airport I think.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:12 pm

I still have my knockoff PSX lightgun but it's aim is off now and it won't work on flatscreens anyway. DH 2 segment was the best; great epic soundtrack too. You can play the entire soundtrack by putting the disc in a CD player.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Been playing Super Mario Kart and the rubberbanding is ridiculous. It's too bad the SNES mini isn't wifi compatible so they could update the gameplay or give us new tracks.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:27 pm

>hoping Nintendo would add new content to a ROM

I think you're way more likely to find romhacks for that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:49 pm

If you're just looking for new levels theres plenty of shit for 1st party nintendo titles out there, problem is most of the levels are absolute garbage who only cater to the small "git gud" crowd where you have to play like you're training for EVO to complete them.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]