Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by mad bum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 am

The problem isn't GBA repros, the problem is GBA COUNTERFEITS. A lot of sellers are selling popular GBA games just cheap enough that look exactly like the real thing. I assume it's because 90% of GBA games are complete trash so they can buy lizzy mcguire GBA games for pennies and tear the label off to sell the counterfeit.

Stay as far as fuck away from GBA collecting, that shit is a complete mess.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:35 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:39 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:24 pm
So I'm noticing a trend in retro shit. Reproduction carts. In this case gameboy advance games.
Repro carts are for idiots, if you are going to pay for a cartridge to play on real hardware either get the real thing or get a flashcart like that guest said. And seriously, repros for fucking GBA games? I understand the demand for NES shit since cunts like Pat the NES Flipper and other scambag resellers and hipsters jack up prices for original games but GBA games are quite affordable unless that has changed in the past year? I doubt it though, 90s nostalgia is the in thing at the moment so if anything PS1 and N64 games should be going up.
I’ve been out of the emulation games for well over a decade, is there a way to burn PS1 games onto discs now or something? (((Sony))) is never going to give us the full classic library it seems so I have to get creative.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:35 am
is there a way to burn PS1 games onto discs now or something?
That was possible when the system was out which is why the hardware sales for it were so good, people would buy it for their kids, get it mod chipped and buy cheap games from pirates copying games they rented onto discs (this was before mass broadband internet adoption which killed that business). Every mother fucker in Australia did that, most kids who has a PS1 played pirated games.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 am
Old Black Man wrote:
That was possible when the system was out which is why the hardware sales for it were so good, people would buy it for their kids, get it mod chipped and buy cheap games from pirates copying games they rented onto discs (this was before mass broadband internet adoption which killed that business). Every mother fucker in Australia did that, most kids who has a PS1 played pirated games.
I need to look into that, my PS1 gems library has a lot of gaps.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am

I had a PS1 modchip that just plugged into the parallel port. Didn't even have to open it up.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 am
Poonoo wrote:
Old Black Man wrote:
Sounds like you need to visit the best youtube HIDDEN GEMS channel ever made!

Hey did you know Strikers 1945 is a hidden gem? :lol: I bet you never heard of the super hidden gem, Einhander!

Oh man, the BEST hidden gem: PONG! On ps1 in 3d. Strider 2, oh shit you've never heard of that game EVER son! It's not like a reboot metroidvania came out recently or that it's a capcom game in general. 8-)

Klonoa, what an unknown game. Certainly didn't hear that name all through the ps2 era. :roll:

Reggie fucking sucks btw, terrible taste and he explains the games poorly.

>muh collection

Get fucked Reggie. I own probably about 10 PS1 games and I still either own or have played a lot of what was on your HIDDEN MEMES list. The shmups like raycrisis got rolled into later ps2 collections and calling strider hidden is silly when his face is all over MAHVUL, I guess now ghosts and goblins is a hidden gem because newfags might not know what it is.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:10 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am
I had a PS1 modchip that just plugged into the parallel port. Didn't even have to open it up.
Yep I have mine still and it's the code card.

Blackman I think you can just get a gameshark or something similar like that and just play burned PS1 games through it, think you need to put in a actual ps1 game first and then you open the disc drive and replace it with the burnt game after the gameshark loads up.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:24 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 am
Poonoo wrote:

Hey did you know Strikers 1945 is a hidden gem? :lol: I bet you never heard of the super hidden gem, Einhander!

Oh man, the BEST hidden gem: PONG! On ps1 in 3d. Strider 2, oh shit you've never heard of that game EVER son! It's not like a reboot metroidvania came out recently or that it's a capcom game in general. 8-)

Klonoa, what an unknown game. Certainly didn't hear that name all through the ps2 era. :roll:

Reggie fucking sucks btw, terrible taste and he explains the games poorly.

>muh collection

Get fucked Reggie. I own probably about 10 PS1 games and I still either own or have played a lot of what was on your HIDDEN MEMES list. The shmups like raycrisis got rolled into later ps2 collections and calling strider hidden is silly when his face is all over MAHVUL, I guess now ghosts and goblins is a hidden gem because newfags might not know what it is.
I just can’t shake the fact that he bears a striking resemblance to Buffalo Bill.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:10 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am
Yep I have mine still and it's the code card.

Blackman I think you can just get a gameshark or something similar like that and just play burned PS1 games through it, think you need to put in a actual ps1 game first and then you open the disc drive and replace it with the burnt game after the gameshark loads up.
That’s a good idea. I need to get some modded consoles for retro gaming, I had my eye on a Dreamcast for that purpose. I’ve got the bulky PS3 model that plays PS1 discs but not PS2 discs, any cool hacks for that?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 am
Man shitting on MJR is my favorite, check this fucking shit out.

Remothered: Steam game that looks like a rule of roses, it will surely be $300 in a few years.
Rabi Rabi: Started on steam, shit anime weeb game.
Ziggurat: I pirated this when it came out, it's fucking terrible and also on steam.
Shu: Looks like indie garbage.
Everything: This game is nothing but a meme like goat simulator.
Redout: Looks okay, he mentions he think it "hasn't sold well" trying to manipulate the market per usual.
The long dark: Steam game, I pirated it and it got boring quick after you became unstoppable and long drawn out.
Full Throttle: MUH POINT N CLICK ADVENTURE GAMES .

Kill yourself MJR
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]