Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Retro Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:13 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:45 pm
Glorious Nihon just loves spicing up their pachinkos with cutscenes.
One glorious day I will force you to play a pachinco for an entire day to torture you.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 am

Mandatory Cage post

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:39 am

That is the only awesome thing to do with pachinco I've ever seen.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:13 am
One glorious day I will force you to play a pachinco for an entire day to torture you.
This doesn't really sound as threatening as you think you does. Then again, I'm a slot machine virgin, so who knows how much I'd get triggered.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:41 pm
There are worse ways to waste your money.
Well, no. An actual whore will get you off and you don't have to be reminded that Konami used to make (good) games
Unless the whore is dressed as Maria Renard.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:54 am
So eventually a lot of stuff will be cored out of Netflix completely and there will be like fifty different streaming platforms
And then they will start to wonder why this doesn't make much money.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
It's not as bad in Britain as it is in America because all the studios haven't set-up streaming platforms here, so you can get some stuff. But in the States, as I understand it, all the Disney stuff is gone because Disney are setting up their competing platform. Warner Bros want to set up a streaming service, CBS have a streaming service (for which you can pay to watch STD). So eventually a lot of stuff will be cored out of Netflix completely and there will be like fifty different streaming platforms
Yeah, a lot of stuff is just gonna be unavailable unless you pay only for that specific streaming service. I remember when Hulu had all of the criterion collection movies. That shit went away fucking fast. I think you have to buy the box sets exclusively now if you want access to criterion collection films. Or pirate them.

Hulu and Amazon are going the way of Netfucks now and pushing original series and other stupid bullshit that costs pennies to license because nobody wants to watch it. Expect streaming services to become a haven for z-list documentaries, bollywood films, original series and reality tv.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm

The last time I used Netflix they were a service that sent you DVDs through the mail.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:25 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
It's not as bad in Britain as it is in America because all the studios haven't set-up streaming platforms here, so you can get some stuff. But in the States, as I understand it, all the Disney stuff is gone because Disney are setting up their competing platform. Warner Bros want to set up a streaming service, CBS have a streaming service (for which you can pay to watch STD). So eventually a lot of stuff will be cored out of Netflix completely and there will be like fifty different streaming platforms
Yeah, a lot of stuff is just gonna be unavailable unless you pay only for that specific streaming service. I remember when Hulu had all of the criterion collection movies. That shit went away fucking fast. I think you have to buy the box sets exclusively now if you want access to criterion collection films. Or pirate them.

Hulu and Amazon are going the way of Netfucks now and pushing original series and other stupid bullshit that costs pennies to license because nobody wants to watch it. Expect streaming services to become a haven for z-list documentaries, bollywood films, original series and reality tv.
This is a fucking dumb strategy since people will just pirate more. They probably think by slowly weaning people off of paying only $10 a month for everything that they will cleverly get people to pay cable TV prices again, but they are fucking retarded suits who think they know 4D chess. Look at fucking anime, everyone pirates shit because of licensing issues and everything being spread out, piracy will become the better alternative for this since it will all be in one place. You beat the pirates by offering a better service, this is a step backwards with 20 fucking streaming platforms.

Look how Google and Facebook became giants and how most people only got to like 5 websites on the internet. People want convenience.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 am

Even if you wanted to pay for anime, it just makes no sense! A lot of places won't simulcast or will hide subbed versions/not even have an option for subs. They'll release dvds like that votoms one, which I hear has framerate issues and ghosting that wasn't present in old VHS sets. They give you a shit product and then expect you to jump through whatever hoops they throw at you.

Hulu has a lot of anime on it, but most is old shit that costs pennies to license, or it's the new shounenshit/moeblob animu of the week. Doki Doki Pedophile Club animes and My Hero Bleach Powuto Z Balls take up most of the anime section.

Mark my words, it's all gonna be original series and fucking reality tv.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 pm

They are completely retarded. Say some movie is streamable on Amazon. Well, just because it's on amazon.com doesn't mean it's on amazon.de and because a prime sub on .de isn't worth shit on .com I couldn't buy it even if I wanted to. Then there's the HD issue. Since one of my monitors is connected with a display port cable, as it should, I have a display device that's not tethered to the HDMI copy right shit so I can't watch amazon stuff in HD. Apparently, it doesn't matter if you buy something or not, you need that additional copyright fuckery because fuck you, I guess.

So why would I do any of that? I can find dozens of torrents and streams for entirely free for anything in a few minutes. I guess I'll do that then.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm
The last time I used Netflix they were a service that sent you DVDs through the mail.
And I was a master at ripping that shit. I was able to get 3 discs in the mail, rip them, and get them to a late collection mailbox that same day. Doing this I could get new discs every other day.
Is Spoony dead yet?