Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:35 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am
Great example of EA ruining a promising series. They started with a passion project and were hardcore meddling by the second game. Series dead by game 3.
The first one was too popular for them to not fuck with the franchise in order to make it more "accessible" aka even more profitable.

Also they can always reboot it or present you with some prequel or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 am

Why did Dead Space 3 even need this Elton John looking villain and balding love triangle hypotenuse when it has the MOONS OF MADNESS?
The biggest touch of death was that it requires Origin. It's on Steam now but it still does just like anything Ubisoft you get there cries for uPlay ..

As for the ending being kind of finite.. I did like that, sort of fits with the cosmic horror thing and Visceral probably knew they were done forever.
But believe me, if EA saw more dollars in the franchise they would definitely find a way to make sequels regardless.
It's a trap!

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am

I actually liked Carver, his running gag of “Fuck this -insert noun-“ resonated with me, and his story was interesting with his wife and kid. I did like hearing Simon Templeman as the one mega lunatic.

Btw for anyone who’s never seen it the movie Downfall is great. The sequel not so much.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:58 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 am
I've been meaning to get a mister but emulation has just gotten so good I'd rather save the money.
I got it because it outputs analog natively for playing on a CRT instead of having to fuck with hacked AMD drivers or whatever the fuck else is needed when using a PC with emulators.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 am

I come with great news for those who got themselves Sonic 2 (Tails Boogaloo) during this Sega anniversary thing: That game - as well as other Sega klessiks - are just uncompressed ROMs that will run on any Sega emulator of your choice (though a few of those ROMs have a ".68k" or ".sdg" extension you probably have to rename to ".gen" or ".bin" so the emulator can recognize them).

This is great news for me, since this Unity-based "game room" wrapper for the Sega Classics emulator refuses to work (though it did many moons ago), and the Simple Launcher (another wrapper) is dogshit (you can only select games by scrolling through them one at a time, and that shit isn't even sorted in alphabetical order).

Any new gold standard? Is Kega Fusion still good, or does RetroSoy have something sexier?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:43 am

RetardArch has the only PC port of GenesisPlusGX, which was a fork of a DOS emulator that for some reaosnw as only written for the Wii.
Kega is probably fine.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:35 pm

>noticing the uncompressed ROM for Phantasy Star IV is the Japanese version
>noticing the Steam emulator actually uses special compressed ROMs
>pondering whether to check out some custom compression software script thing, or to put on my strawhat and sail the Grand Line instead

Decisions :thinking:
-Yours Truly

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 am
I come with great news for those who got themselves Sonic 2 (Tails Boogaloo) during this Sega anniversary thing: That game - as well as other Sega klessiks - are just uncompressed ROMs that will run on any Sega emulator of your choice (though a few of those ROMs have a ".68k" or ".sdg" extension you probably have to rename to ".gen" or ".bin" so the emulator can recognize them).

This is great news for me, since this Unity-based "game room" wrapper for the Sega Classics emulator refuses to work (though it did many moons ago), and the Simple Launcher (another wrapper) is dogshit (you can only select games by scrolling through them one at a time, and that shit isn't even sorted in alphabetical order).

Any new gold standard? Is Kega Fusion still good, or does RetroSoy have something sexier?
In japan it is known as Sonic 2 and Tails.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Did you know it was actually a game called Doki Doki Panic?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Speaking of oldshit, which classic castlevanias are actually good? I see fags like motherfucker mike constantly jizzing themselves over NES Nigga Gayman (ninja gaiden) and Castlerapia, but I have no idea if any are worth a damn. Let alone if they aged well.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome