Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 am
I wish they kept Wario like that instead of all the games after it that were shitty puzzlers more than actual platformers.
I wish you'd mentioned this before I went ahead and bought Wario Land 2 and 3
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Many people love those games. Many even think they are much better because they aren't "Just Mario but different.". I liked Wario in his first game best, though.
Maybe you'll enjoy the other parts but not even being able to take damage made them seem super lame to me.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:55 pm

I agree. Not taking damage was stupid. The games became puzzles more than platformers.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:46 pm

All games are puzzle games, that's my philosophy. As for the invulnerability, I sort of like that aspect of it. One thing I've noticed though, playing Wario Land 2, is that it's basically a treasure hunting game and New Super Mario Bros Jew was completely pointless in light of this. They could have just made another Wario Land.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:51 pm

But Warios is only allowed to be in sports and party games anymore. Unless they still make WarioWare.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 pm

He's relegated to be the odd character for all kinds of shit they don't want to attach Mario to. I hate that but it's better than Tingle still being a thing, I guess.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 pm

CIANIggerCuntSlayer wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:34 am
I recently rediscovered mega man zero

Still a challenge for those S ranks
Don't forget the bullshit energy farming to unlock all the cyber elves.... only to not use any of them... :|
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 pm
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:34 am
I recently rediscovered mega man zero

Still a challenge for those S ranks
Don't forget the bullshit energy farming to unlock all the cyber elves.... only to not use any of them... :|
Looked it up, in the third one satellite elves don't affect the score, the fourth detract point if you don't use cyber but you do get a penalty if your elf level exceed your maximum capacity level
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:15 am
Whoever behind the show is definitely a huge castlevania dork, it's different from cheap cash-in cartoon/anime made by people who know nothing or very little about the original material.
It was made by the same producer who worked on the good Judge Dredd movie and that R-rated Power Rangers short. I thought it was okay, but hardly the best animated adaptation of a video game as it is made out to be.

Personally it felt like a glorified pilot than a proper first season. It took a bit of liberty with the plot of the game (which is understandable , considering Castlevania III's actual backstory was left untranslated in favor of some localized crap about a Poltergeist King who doesn't show up in the game at all) and they didn't even bother putting Grant in the show (hopefully they'll fix that in Season 2).

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:01 am

Even if the show materialized in real life and raped your mum, it'd still be pretty much the best video game adaptation. That bar is ridiculously low.

There are two ways they can go now. They either keep things the same and improve on the lacking elements, or they slash their budget and turn it into another of these CG garbagefest Netflix Original Series animus.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome