Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:51 am

gmanlives is such a unlikable Scottish cunt.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:57 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:51 am
gmanlives is such a unlikable Scottish cunt.
Pretty funny, considering that he's Australian.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 am

Eh I was close.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:09 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 am
Eh I was close.
>white trash
>hated by the anglo
>think they are rebels but are still firmly in the empire

Yeah, close enough. :lol:

I don't mind the guy too much in general but he's a massive shill for anything Bethesda and whenever he gets shit for free.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:13 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:09 am
I don't mind the guy too much in general but he's a massive shill for anything Bethesda and whenever he gets shit for free.
It's like RLM and capeshit. They're normalfags and fall for stupid shit because they're naturally retarded and havent adopted the Autstic bushido that makes them rightfully despise everything.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 am

Yeah, GGGmanlives has normie tastes and gets suckered by shit games that pretend to be like old games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:57 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 am
Yeah, GGGmanlives has normie tastes and gets suckered by shit games that pretend to be like old games.
What kills me is that the game only has a pixel filter. You want oldschool with reloading weapons? Ion Maiden. That's at least legit because it's actually running on the Build engine and it's doing fucking miracles with it. It's also fast, has interesting weapons and enemies and has a right to call itself oldschool.

Proteus just has nothing at all that grabs my attention. DUSK blew my fucking socks off and got better and weirder as it went along, bringing shit to the genre that wouldn't even have been remotely possible back in the old days.
AMID EVIL has very cool weapons, a large enemy variety and a very unique feel to it. Both are also fast as fuck, boyyyyy.
Proteus just looks boring and trihard.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:09 am

I've actually been playing some oddball games recently, like the Syndicate remake from starbreeze. I've played it before and enjoyed it. Just wanted to go back and see if it holds up. I'd say so. It's a typical Starbreeze FPS and there's really no reason to be down on it if you liked other Starbreeze games, but it got a bad rap because it shares a name with the older Syndicate titles. TBH, Syndicate has better gunplay that pretty much every other Starbreeze game I've played.

Anyway, my point is just that there's nothing wrong with a new-school FPS as long as the devs are honest about it. Syndicate never tries to pretend it's old skool and hip with the retro crowd. It's just another Starbreeze FPS with some cybertoys and fun weapons.

I feel like retro FPS is the current big meme for vidya gaems. It used to be retro platformers and now it's retro FPS. You have shit like Wolfenstein New Order and NuDoom that claim to be """"retro"""" FPS when they're not.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:52 am

Don't even get me the fuck started! Fucking nuDoom is a terrible Serious Sam, which isn't an oldschool FPS itself but rather it's own thing. Wolfenstein is fucking top cancer, six hours of the most pozzed soyboy shit in cutscenes you've ever seen outside of a Whedon movie, three hours of below mediocre gameplay.

Developer niggers, don't make my fucking dick hard telling me you'll give me proppa oldschool FPS and then give me fake shit. That dick's going to just rape you instead.
I don't need that old engine legitimacy. DUSK runs on Unity. Fucking Unity! 98% chance of being mega garbage already. But it does shit right. It uses the engine for stuff you couldn't even think of being possible back then. It takes you through twists and turns all the time. It pays homage, it respects it's elders but it's it's own thing and even outdoes them. It's a labour of love and it shows.
Do you know what it takes for me to accept the legitimacy of an oldschool FPS made today? Do you know what it takes for me to call something made in fucking Unity better than Doom and Quake? That's a high fucking hurdle, tell you hwhat! It is possible for devs to wow me and make me fanboy over their game. But copying Brutal Doom badly isn't the way to do it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am

>Shilling this fucking much
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]