Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
User avatar
Poonoo
Bureaucrat
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Poonoo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:23 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:08 am
No baka gaijin games at his Evo and two weebshit games (3 if you count DBZ). NRS deserves it, their games are boring as fuck to watch.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.
Image

User avatar
Guest

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:06 pm

All Japanese media is weeaboo shit.
I-I'm sorry you had to find out this way...

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 13665
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:35 am

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:23 pm
mad bum wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:08 am
No baka gaijin games at his Evo and two weebshit games (3 if you count DBZ). NRS deserves it, their games are boring as fuck to watch.
I'm coming around to the "NRS aren't even fightan" side of the argument. What the fuck do you remember about the NRS tournaments? Because all I remember about every tourney is 1 or 2 broken-as-fuck, overpowered characters, usually recently-released as DLC, dominating the entire event. Trident rush guy. Alien. Predator. Cowboy man. The games are so basic, yet so poorly-balanced.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.

Dehbashi
Posts: 1826
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 am

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:09 am

NRS is Netherrealm Studios right? Yeah. Funny they are another company who tried to suck up to Esports and now no one gives a fuck about them. MK9 was the best MK and the 2 after it are shit.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:38 am

Burgerclap fightans don't have cute girls.

User avatar
Poonoo
Bureaucrat
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Poonoo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:35 am
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:23 pm
mad bum wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:08 am
No baka gaijin games at his Evo and two weebshit games (3 if you count DBZ). NRS deserves it, their games are boring as fuck to watch.
I'm coming around to the "NRS aren't even fightan" side of the argument. What the fuck do you remember about the NRS tournaments? Because all I remember about every tourney is 1 or 2 broken-as-fuck, overpowered characters, usually recently-released as DLC, dominating the entire event. Trident rush guy. Alien. Predator. Cowboy man. The games are so basic, yet so poorly-balanced.
It's not just that, I don't know what it is but when I watch tournaments it's just so damn dull. I don't know if it is the animations and juggle combos looking the same for ever damn character (I know technically they aren't) but something about them just feels off when watching them competitively. Like there is no tension at all even though theoretically their should be, even when the characters aren't busted as fuck.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.
Image

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 13665
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:45 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:09 am
NRS is Netherrealm Studios right? Yeah. Funny they are another company who tried to suck up to Esports and now no one gives a fuck about them. MK9 was the best MK and the 2 after it are shit.
Thing is, I agree that MK9 was the best MK... But it was still a buggy fucking mess. There were about 2 SSS-tier characters and everyone else was shit. Kabal and Cyrax were at the very top, with Sonya and Cage slightly below. A character like Scorpion or Sub was rarely seen in tournament because they weren't good enough. Special tournaments had to be created for low-tier characters specifically so people could play them, because even loyalists wouldn't play Sub-Zero vs Kabal. Tournaments were full of Kabal vs Cyrax/Sektor or Kabal vs Kabal. :lol:
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter
Posts: 28426
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Hey is SamSho finally good? Last I've seen it at EVO last year the damage was way too low except for the rage finishers, which did too much damage.
SpoilerShow
Image
Psalm 137:9

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 23425
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Who cares? No Cham-Cham, no buy.
Poonoo wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:52 am
It's not just that, I don't know what it is but when I watch tournaments it's just so damn dull. I don't know if it is the animations and juggle combos looking the same for ever damn character (I know technically they aren't) but something about them just feels off when watching them competitively. Like there is no tension at all even though theoretically their should be, even when the characters aren't busted as fuck.
I think part of the reason might be that the newer games are still roughly as stiff as the ones that used digitized photos.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter
Posts: 28426
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 pm

They claim that's their style. To me it looks like they have a single animation rig and just paste all characters onto that.
SpoilerShow
Image
Psalm 137:9

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests