Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Poonoo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:51 am
There was a genjuro every match, it was exhausting.
It was worse in the official SNK tournament a week or two earlier, the top 8 had six of them.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:28 pm
I hate it when a game is new and all the tierfags gravitate to whatever character hasn't been balanced yet. SonicFag did that in MKX with Erron Black before moving on to the next unbalanced netherrealm shitter, then the next and then the next. Every time Nether would nerf a character, he would move to the next guest character that was new and therefore hadn't been nerfed yet.
That was the flaw of SamSho releasing so close to EVO, with the SNK tournament being so bad it could have been way worse at EVO but it wasn't InjustiAss bad. You saw it with Dragonball FighterZ too a bit with most having a GT Goku in their team who released recently.

Before EVO devs shouldn't add new characters so close to EVO, and you should balance your shit about a month before the tournament.
mad bum wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 pm
Mk11 top 8 was absolute snooze, was nothing but tippy top tiers and the same 4 characters over again. Samsho was the same way.
Despite the Genjuro's at least Samsho is fun to watch. MK is just boring, it's like watching a dumb cartoon fight.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:44 am

ban wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm
Did Germany also have that thing where the consoles run at 50FPS because the tvs were at 50Hz during the pre-PS2 days?
Yes, PAL. All of Europe had PAL while Japan and USA used NTSC. Brazil has some weird version of it that is basically PAL but modified to run on NTSC TVs. The resolution is also a bit different between the two.
It's still silly that many games didn't give the option to just switch to 60Hz mode as even during the Playstation times most PAL TVs could run NTSC as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:44 am
ban wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm
Did Germany also have that thing where the consoles run at 50FPS because the tvs were at 50Hz during the pre-PS2 days?
Yes, PAL. All of Europe had PAL while Japan and USA used NTSC.
Australia had PAL too. Seeing old 50fps games looks weird now, like this:

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 pm

ban wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:25 pm
Even its commercials were amazing. As for the tvs, didn't it have something to do with bong electrical outlet so they made all the tvs output like that or something? There are a lot of games in the PS2 era that had that option but come DMC3 SE, it just stoped asking and told you "you HAVE 60hz tv don't you, faggot" at the back of the box.
I think the industry just realized that whole NTSC/PAL divide was bullshit, and just made TVs that could do both.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm

It's just a different broadcast standard. Europe and with it most of the world standardized it. Burgers being burgers, they had to have their own standard and brought that to Japan.
For the producers of TVs it was a bit later on just more convenient to make just one TV they could sell everywhere, thus many since the early 90s worked with both standards.
My old TV from that time already could handle both and we're talking SNES times here.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm
It's just a different broadcast standard. Europe and with it most of the world standardized it. Burgers being burgers, they had to have their own standard and brought that to Japan.
AFAIK NTSC was actually developed first.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
It was. By nearly a decade. NTSC was adopted by the US, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. Basically every country with competent electronics tech industry.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:51 am

The differing TV standards (NTSC vs PAL) and their associated framerates were developed to accommodate the electrical systems of those countries.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:59 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Huh, I didn't know that. I just assumed it's the typical burger compulsion to have different standards to just about everything.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

berty11

Post by berty11 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:40 am

I love flash games, when it comes to fighting games I think SSF2 is the best one, also Google Gunblood guys, it is a pretty decent shooting game.
And when it comes to PC gaming I can't find the time right now, I have a full-time job and I usually play from work :D This is why I prefer online games, directly from the browser without any installations, etc.
Dreaming in empty space with no hope.