Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by mad bum » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:22 am

I was a talim and Raphael player but this was years ago
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 am

I mostly played Cervantes. In my early teens, my best friend and I both fenced and my friend was even left-handed, so needless to say, we both played a fair bit with Raphael because he was fun. But it was more fun to fly around the screen with the ghost pirate. If someone wasn't wise to his gimmicks, you could completely fuck them with teleporting ghost moves.

I also played quite a lot of Voldo.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:48 am
And it emulates extremely well via Dolphin at 1080p with crispy clean downscaled resolution from 4k.
It's also got online play. A true classic that won't ever die. Topping it off, it's a fantastic single player game as well. If you haven't played it for a good while, I highly encourage you to grab the GC version and Dolphin it. You won't regret it.
I remember it having a ton of single player content, mainly because of the Weapon Master mode. I was taken a back by it at the time since that mode alone is a full fledged game.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 am

That's kinda why I like soul caliber a lot, I'm not the most competitive fgc member and would rather be a single player scrub, and soul caliber usually had a fuck ton of things to do.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Oh yeah, 3D fighters liked to put in lotsa singleplayer modes for console version, with SC having the most stuff.

Nowadays, you can call yourself lucky if a fighting game has an arcade mode. Sad.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:13 pm

With online play not being a thing back then, they had to put something on there for the majority to get their money's worth out of the game. Most of us never went to or had tournaments in the area and only played against friends. Even that often comes to a stop once one guy is completely dominating his friends.
Back then, devs actually gave a fuck.

phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:52 pm

video games should have ended at the PS2
I was /nofriends/ so I really got a lot out of fightan game story modes.
they never made a soul calibur that was better than 2, did they? 3 was kinda ass. i remember it being real hard and i thought i just sucked shit but i read that the ai cheats.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 am
I mostly played Cervantes. In my early teens, my best friend and I both fenced and my friend was even left-handed, so needless to say, we both played a fair bit with Raphael because he was fun. But it was more fun to fly around the screen with the ghost pirate. If someone wasn't wise to his gimmicks, you could completely fuck them with teleporting ghost moves.

I also played quite a lot of Voldo.
Voldo is pretty fun, it's fun fucking with other players using his bizzarro moveset.

I mained Ivy back in the day. I was a huge keepaway faggot back then, and her whipsword's range was great for that.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:52 pm
video games should have ended at the PS2
I was /nofriends/ so I really got a lot out of fightan game story modes.
they never made a soul calibur that was better than 2, did they? 3 was kinda ass. i remember it being real hard and i thought i just sucked shit but i read that the ai cheats.
"Cheating" as in the usual input-reading, or was there more bullshit?

A shame SC3 was such a letdown, 'cause I kinda dig Gold-eyed Blaxploitation Grim Reaper.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:06 pm

SC3 wasn't as good and it was buggy as shit on top of that. You had to dedicate an entire memory card to the game because it could corrupt ps2 memory cards if there was anything else saved to them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome