Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:14 pm

But I wanted Silver "IT'S NO USE!!" the Hedgehog...
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 pm
More importantly, who do those faggots want instead?
I'm pretty sure there are still some boring, sword-wielding Fire Emblem protagonists not covered by Smash. Didn't some GBA one had a samurai chick or something?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Now there's something I don't need. No more FF characters, please. Not even if it's somebody with an axe or whatever.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Let's not forget the whole Melee backdashing controller shit, the single most autistic thing in the history of gaming communities. People legit refusing to play unless they have a specific controller with a specific defect that lets them do game-breaking shit you're not meant to do. Sakurai deserves sainthood for trying to please those people with all the stuff he put in Ultimate specifically for them. Including bringing out new Gamecube controllers just for Smash! Can you imagine any other gaming series bringing out old controllers for a console that died over a decade ago, which wasn't even that popular to begin with, specifically for one game? And they're still bitching because fucking Skull Kid isn't playable. Wew laddie.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:25 pm
Let's not forget the whole Melee backdashing controller shit, the single most autistic thing in the history of gaming communities.
That is a cancer that you can hardly even explain to people. People hear it and think it's idiotic. But it's way, waaaaay more idiotic than they think.
The whole problem can be solved by a software mod and the Meleefags just not being so mega focused on their fucking >muh input. They act like everyone will just suddenly be ultra top level competitive if the fucky controllers are fixed.
The thing I love the absolute most is the argument that something like an optimised controller, that isn't a GC controller, being legal would exclude people. "Oh, then poorfags can't compete because they need to have that controller to do so."
Suuuuuure, so let's use GC controllers only of which it takes a top level pro player weeks to get a viable one despite connections and costs more than an arcade stick. That's not exclusive at all, right? :roll:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am

Imagine actually taking smash seriously thinking you're going to make a career off it, how sad.

Also Nintendo made Ken look better than Capcom, SFV truly is the darkest timeline.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 pm

More importantly, who do those faggots want instead? Some dickhead nobody knows, indie garbage cancer like Sans from Tumblrtale, Shantae (meme) and all other kinds of garbage. Oh and Waluigi. Pure meme. Why not fucking demand Millhouse at this point?
The more people are going bonkers because of Piranha Plant, the more I want to go online with it. :lol:
I mean I would have liked at least one more character from Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (I love that story, sue me), but I'm rather tickled by Pirahana Plant. But fuck that stupid giant red whatsitsface pokemon.

Also fuck World of Light. I was hoping for no adventure mode just to spite Blob.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 am

Come on, I deserve a break after fucking Smash Tour.
mad bum wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am
Imagine actually taking smash seriously thinking you're going to make a career off it, how sad.
Yeah, just ridiculous. The controller thing is still the best, though. Better hope you get your hands on a 90% backdash controller or you may as well not try right away. Almost a whole 1% of GC controllers have that defect so good luck!
Oh and I hope you didn't plan on using your hands after 50 anyway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:34 pm

That "defective controllers are a must for the e-sport that is Smash" sounds almost as stupid as SF2 pro players deciding that everyone should play with a keyboard form now on 'cause that lets you break Guile something fierce since it lets you store charge inputs 24/7 no matter what you do.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:20 pm

It's worse. A keyboard you could just go out and buy.
To perform a backdash, which is vital in top level play, you need to move the stick as quickly as possible to the outmost three pixels of the gate in the opposite direction. You're basically trying to outpace the polling rate of the stick. That's only really possible with a defective one that just doesn's read all those inputs.
The very best you can get is a controller that gives you a backdash 90% of the time if executed perfectly. We're talking about a fraction of a percent of all produced GC controllers here.

Hax$ has a video about that. He was a top ten player in Melee. When his controller broke, he had to search for three weeks for a new viable one. Three weeks for a top player with connections to even find one. Totally not a gate that prevents people from competing in the top levels. Must be super fun to know that your execution can be perfect and yet you'll still never be able to do certain things even semi-consistent because your controller just won't let you.
Melee basically had random tripping all along, just in a different way.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am
I remember several years ago some kid dropped out of high school, with his parents' full support, to become a full time professional Guitar Hero player.

I wonder how the pro Guitar Hero scene is today.
Is Spoony dead yet?