Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:26 pm

It's mega slow and I bet it's even sometimes at a frame disadvantage. It's garbage. There's a reason you don't even see it used in tournament play whenever you actually see a Ryu there. Hilarious how they fucked up a SF game so much that Ryu is garbage bottom tier.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 pm

It also causes crush counters I believe, it's completely useless.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 pm

I wonder if he got nerfed more or less than the SNK characters in the Capcom vs SNK games...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 pm

I'd say more, really. I forgot about getting crush countered if you miss. The "parry" has what feels like fifty frames start up and you get fucking cc'd if you miss. Say hello to eating a full punish, boyo!
You really have to try to make Ryu, the most basic bitch fitan character ever, the archetype after which the entire series and much of the entire genre is modeled, fucking bottom tier. How do you manage that? Did some dev at Capcom sit down and say "You know what? Fuck Daigo, man!" and went to town on Ryu?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:00 pm

It's like some of the higher-ups at Capcom despises SF and wants to destroy its most iconic character.

In any case, I don't have high hopes of ever seeing a decent version of Ryu ever again. Unless this elusive Tekken x Street Fighter should ever pop into existance.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm

He's good in super turbo at least.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Nigger, he's good in absolutely every other SF. Not necessarily top tier but good. Like he should be. Just like how Mario hasn't ever been total garbage in any Smash or Scorpion and Sub Zero haven't ever been bad in a MK. You balance your shit around such characters.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 pm
I'd say more, really. I forgot about getting crush countered if you miss. The "parry" has what feels like fifty frames start up and you get fucking cc'd if you miss. Say hello to eating a full punish, boyo!
You really have to try to make Ryu, the most basic bitch fitan character ever, the archetype after which the entire series and much of the entire genre is modeled, fucking bottom tier. How do you manage that? Did some dev at Capcom sit down and say "You know what? Fuck Daigo, man!" and went to town on Ryu?
And fixing him wouldn't be very hard. Everyone just says crank his damage up. Ryu from 3rd Strike running shinshoryu super could do ridiculous damage. That didn't make him broken though, just good.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:53 pm

There's also the thing with SFV hit- and hurtboxes being the most ridiculous bullshit you've ever seen. I'm talking pre-newgrounds flash game kinda bad.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:05 am

Ryu in Ultra SF IV was mid tier IIRC. Pretty much the archetype shoto. Had mostly even matchups and was good against anyone without a fireball answer.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome