Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:07 pm

98 still looks good today.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:20 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 pm
KoF 98 is better than most fitan that came after it as well.
I qualified it the way I did because I figured one of you cheeky cunts would bring up Garou, 3rd Strike, 2002 etc. :lol:
Nah man, you're talking to a guy that actually owns a complete nip copy of it for the AES. I'm not a collector but that's one of the few gaymin items I prize.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:59 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:19 pm
Hmm, that does sound lame. KoF always had a lot of cancels and shit, at least since KoF XI anyway, which was the one I played the most. But I was playing 2002 UM recently and that game is fast as well. Hell, I feel pretty confident saying KoF '98 is better than most of the fightan games put out up to that point.

It's a shame they couldn't follow up KoF XIII with something similar in quality. Don't think I also didn't notice that a lot of super popular KoF characters were turned into fucking DLC in 14, like Vanessa, Yamazaki and Rock.
And dont forget Blue fucking Mary. We finally got Angel in the main game, but fucking Vanessa, Whip, Yamazaki and Blue Mary DLC... now, if they only added Shermie (the only one missing) and maybe Rugal/Omega Rugal (balanced, mind you), that would be awesome.

I still have my copy of KOF98UM, its fucking great still. KOF02UM is also great.

I miss the combo freedom from KOF13, but i do like the "simplicity" of KOF14 too (being more like the older games)... i just wish they polish those fucking graphics. Just jump to unreal and go Guilty Gear already you fucking fucks.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Cel-shaded KoF would be so much better it isn't even funny.

I guess DLC Rock makes some sort of sense since he's the closest to an actual pure bonus character. Dunno if his appearance is even "canon" or something.

When it comes to 98UM and 2002UM, I have a hard time picking a favorite. 98UM has probably the stronger roster overall (whereas 2002UM has literal clones), but I got into the franchise relatively late (PS2 era) and always get a strange feeling playing a KOF without K' or Kula.

(Also 2002UM Athena is more kawaii desu)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 pm

98 UM has a much better roster. It has Heavy D for fuck's sake.

BTW does anyone play last blade 2? I've been trying it out and I like the stone arm grappler guy.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:04 am

Stone arm grapplyer guy isn't quite as amazing as SamSho's Neinhalt Sieger, but that might just be might Krautian bias.

Pretty fun overall, though playing with the Power type against the AI is a bit frustrating as they input read you like a mofo.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

Yeah I noticed, believe me. Every grab was perfectly countered.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:12 am

And I had some match against that pink-yukata-wearing bloke who walked towards me with the determination of the fucking Terminator. Couldn't stop him man. Nothing I could dooo.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:16 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 pm
BTW does anyone play last blade 2? I've been trying it out and I like the stone arm grappler guy.
I've only played it emulated for a bit. I like the first game better.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:56 pm

I wish there were some decent SNK options for PSP. Seems like most of the ports the psp got sucked ass. They run like shit and have terrible loading.

You might wonder why I don't just play arcade versions, but it's very comfy to sit back with a portable system and play on mute with a chill tv show or music in the background.
RAPEMAN wrote: