Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Joe Roscoe

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Joe Roscoe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:51 am

So SNK revealed the DLC characters for KOFXIV, I believe they all come together and will be out next week with additional stages and costume as well

Also newest version of Guilty Gear Xrd coming out soon

Also this was suppose to come out this week or next week for PC and Switch but seems to got delayed

Also the story so far for the sequel of the fighting game for DC's capeshit

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:29 pm

You know, I don't know about everyone else here but I honestly really like the Street Fighter EX games, they weren't the best certainly but they had its charm, so it be really cruel if they did some April Fools prank that looks better than Street Fighter V or something

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Can't really say anything about the EX games. Didn't even know the exist until a few years ago, and they've been pretty nebulous ever since.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:49 pm

I really liked the EX series. Very fun to play, excellent music and the best character designs in Street Fighter: Skullomania, Darun, Kairi and (especially) Garuda. It's a shame that such awesome characters were modelled in rather-ish ugly 3D graphics; I would have killed to have them in some nice sprite work.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:17 am

The 3D graphics kills SF EX for me. No idea about the gameplay but the visuals just look like cancer.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:45 am

Though besides the graphics, the vast majority of EXclusive characters seem to look much better than most of what Capcom shat out as new characters since 4.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

Ton of fighting games coming out here in the next few months, it's a good year for them. I can't wait for evo this year.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 am

Which games are you getting in your area, Mad Bum? The only Evo shit I hear about these days is SFV, MKX and maybe Tekken 7.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Tekken 7, injustice 2, sf5 patch, New guilty gear, it's a great time to be a fighting game fan.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:59 pm

The more I play of Blazblue and Guilty Gear, the more I like BB and dislike GG. Sure, a lot of the characters in blazblue are top cancer designs like Arakune, Taokaka and Platinum, but the gameplay feels better to me. I hate the dust button and have always hated it. If you want to go ground to air with a combo in blazblue, there's no dedicated shitty pop up attack button. You just do a combo with your character.

Also, I stand behind what I said in the past about the new GG designs being bad. I think Blazblue designs improved the more iterations the games had. The first DLC characters were shit like Makoto the squirrel girl wearing a bikini, or Bullet the martial arts girl wearing hot pants, or Platinum the moeblob. I'm leaving out some good ones too, but w/e. Later characters would be total bros like Izanami, Terumi, Kagura, Susano'o, Nine, Naoto, Celica, Relius, Azrael, Hibiki and other characters who look cool and add something to the roster it was lacking. Combine with some good OG characters like Bang, Litchi, Tager, Valk (a good early DLC guy), Rachel, Hakumen and Tsubaki (the other good early DLC) and you have a library worth playing.

As opposed to Guilty Gear, where for me all the new characters are misses and actually seem rather inspired by the shittier Blazblue characters, like Elphelt and Ramlethal(sp) wearing ridiculous outfits to show off more skin to otaku, or absurd animu bullshit like JackO and Bedman just not making any fucking sense at all.

There are still a few shitty new characters like Es and Mai, but now not every character is some absurdly weird animu bullshit or a gravure model/loli.

I guess my point is that BB has added a lot of characters and mechanics gradually and I enjoy the way it plays a hell of a lot more than GG now.
RAPEMAN wrote: