Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Yup. Stun as well. Land a three hit combo, dizzy, optimal punish, KO. Not a rare sight at all. Programmers loved random shit back then. Even Doom had random damage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Those where all developed by a bunch of D&D nerds, I tellya.

Though I guess this still beats SF1, where special moves deal 1/3 life bar in damage, and the shoryuken can hit up to 3 times because the game's a fucking mess.
Also love how the hitboxes are so fucked up that it is stupidly hard to hit Sagat. Usually ended up missing by a friggin' pixel.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 am

Dunno where to put this but since Mario Tennis is fighting game esque I'll throw it here.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/86772/video- ... punishment

Faggot dorkly is at it again.
It's been years since I wanted to destroy a controller, but Mario Tennis Aces brought me inches from snapping the hinges of my Switch. Multiplayer battles offer a special kind of brutality, the sort of jawclenching stress that makes your soul ache for a while after a tough match. It's the good kind of burn, as though you just exercised long-dormant struggle muscles.
Bitcha nigga crying because he has to git gud in a nintendo game.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:18 am

Mario Tennis is the Dark Souls of Tennis.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:16 pm

top lel. The only time I got angry was at myself for fucking simple shit up several times in a row. Not in the "throw a controller" kinda mad, though. Hilarious that people get fuckmad over Mario Tennis.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:29 pm

I should probably play KoF 14. I bet I'd like it. It just looks so ugly.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:51 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:29 pm
I should probably play KoF 14. I bet I'd like it.
You'd be bitching about how it's a step back from KOF13 and gives you way less options compared to it. You love your weebshit fighters with it's Cancels into Super Cancels into Desu Desu Cancels por whatever the fuck like in Balzblue, and KOF13 had so many options in that regard. KOF14 is a shittier version of KOF2002 with ugly 3D graphics where you can't do any cool shit unless you are in Max Mode which is the only way you can use EX moves. Seriously, if you want to use and EX Move you better be prepared to spam the shit out of it quickly in Max Mode in a combo before the meter comes out, unlike in KOF13 when you can use an EX Move whenever the fuck you wanted as long as you had meter.

KOF14 may be better for tournament play since Iori is broken as fuck in KOF13 with his infinite and that game is unbalanced as shit too but other than that KOF14 is inferior. Move that shit to the Unreal Engine already, look at Fighting EX Layer, that game looks fucking amazing graphically and that game had smaller budget than KOF.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Hmm, that does sound lame. KoF always had a lot of cancels and shit, at least since KoF XI anyway, which was the one I played the most. But I was playing 2002 UM recently and that game is fast as well. Hell, I feel pretty confident saying KoF '98 is better than most of the fightan games put out up to that point.

It's a shame they couldn't follow up KoF XIII with something similar in quality. Don't think I also didn't notice that a lot of super popular KoF characters were turned into fucking DLC in 14, like Vanessa, Yamazaki and Rock.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 pm

KoF 98 is better than most fitan that came after it as well.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 pm
KoF 98 is better than most fitan that came after it as well.
I qualified it the way I did because I figured one of you cheeky cunts would bring up Garou, 3rd Strike, 2002 etc. :lol:

I'd rather play '98 than any other KoF. The balance isn't that bad as long as you ban boss characters. I'd play '98 over Garou because there's a lot more characters I enjoy in '98. I pretty much only like Butt, Grant, Tizoc and Terry in Garou.

RAPEMAN wrote: