Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by mad bum » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:02 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm
Hey is SamSho finally good? Last I've seen it at EVO last year the damage was way too low except for the rage finishers, which did too much damage.
That damage aspect still hasn't changed, but as far as I know the game is ded online whenever I happen to catch Valle doing matchmaking.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:16 am

Serves them right for going with the garbage SamSho 4 damage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:56 pm

This series certainly had some interesting developments. Remember when a heavy attack used to hurt really, really hard?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:12 pm

I remember using Genjuro and only pressing the heavy attack button.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:24 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:56 pm
This series certainly had some interesting developments. Remember when a heavy attack used to hurt really, really hard?
Yup. SamSho 1&2 aka the best ones. I know 4 had it's fans and it's not all that terrible but just different but the current SamSho has the low as fuck damage of that but then the crazy high damage of rage moves.
There really aren't many developments to talk about. You've got I and II being awesome. III being a buggy mess nobody likes to talk about. IV being a low-damage shitfest because III went bonkers with the damage. V, buggy shit forget about it V Special the definitive lower damage but more combo-based SamSho.

All in all you're either a proponent of II or V Special and the ones for V Special are just plain wrong. As wrong as the people that prefer FF 2 Special over Garou are. As wrong as the people that prefer SF Alpha over Third Strike are. As wrong as people that prefer KoF 02 over KoF 98 are.
But in regards to the new one it looks like IV to me so the II vs V Special argument is moot. Shit doesn't work is the problem. I see a dude fucking owning the other, get barely any damage out of it and get two hit killed by a rage art. The fuck is that shit?!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm one those who liked Samsho IV a lot. But I think Samsho 2 is the definitive experience. Fantastic game in every way. High damage is the way samsho should be. It's not only realistic for a weapons fighter, but it brings an element of strategy you don't see in fightan games outside of Bushido Blade. When any hit deals big damage and you have unga beasts like Haohmaru running around, movement and defense become very important. Getting counterhit is devastating. Samsho 2 also looks and sounds beautiful even by today's standards. Sieger was my man.
SpoilerShow
Alpha isn't better than 3S but I still prefer alpha 3 over 3S for reasons like the roster, style switching and lack of reliance on tap dashing
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:10 pm

[Obvious joke about SamSho 2: Cham-Cham Boogaloo having the best waifu of the entire franchise]
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:03 am

SamSho 2is the high point. Light strikes do light damage, heavy strikes are really slow but hit HARD. Anything else is bullshit.
Voice, go fuck yourself with your forced shit. You can do better.
tictac, prefer Alpha 3 all you want, nobody would prefer it over Third Strike.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:50 am

I try to do better, but it's hard.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:23 pm
mad bum wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:08 am
No baka gaijin games at his Evo and two weebshit games (3 if you count DBZ). NRS deserves it, their games are boring as fuck to watch.

How come you are such a pathetic weakling faggot who is the opposite of who he portrays to be?