Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm a bit paranoid about getting DBZF because the system requirements sound a bit ridonculous. Then again it worked for Tekken 7, but I'd probably have to upgrade anyways if I ever want to play MonHun World later this year.

Speaking of fightin games:

Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars is pretty fun so far. The new character is some kind of shoto whose DP is a command grab she can also use in the air to dive down and scoop up her opponent, and her Arcana focuses on meter shenanigans and blood geysers. I was hoping that at least one of her palettes would color in more of her skin to make her look slightly less stupid (and maybe look more like some kind of Kamen Rider), but I wasn't so lucky.
Arcade mode also seems like it will be infinitely more fun than before, since instead of having to fight a screen-filling platforming boss with multiple weakpoints to hit (which is fucking frustrating with fighting game controls, unless you pick that wolf zoids Arcana whose wave motion gun can rape 3/4 of its weakpoints in one shot), you just fight the new character in a nifty new stage with the remnats of the platforming boss (who the new character just beat off-screen) in the background. Good riddance.

I think I mentioned it in the "What are you playing?" thread, but this Chaos Code isn't half bad, with some fun characters. Not sure why it has so many characters with rekkas (there are like 3, and another one with a move that basically looks like a rekka, but the number of hits is just determined by the button you press), or why that one grappler's super is one of those multi-stage moves that require perfect timing (while not actually dealing significantly more damage than a regular super, even if your timing is perfect). Then again, you can just equip her with one of her better supers, or burn your meter on EX grapples.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 am
DBFZ is likely going to become more popular than both.
I agree completely. The FGC has this notion that DBZF will be forgotten about in a few months but I think it's going to be smash levels of popularity.

Edit: I'm gonna wait for a sale on DBZ if anyone wants to play in the future.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:59 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
I agree completely. The FGC has this notion that DBZF will be forgotten about in a few months but I think it's going to be smash levels of popularity.
The FGC loves it and has for months, I think you mean the filthy Capcom shills who claim to be paragons of the fighting game commuinty.

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm

I think they're just salty of other people having actual fun while they're stuck playing SFV for overinflated Capcom prize money.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm
I think they're just salty of other people having actual fun while they're stuck playing SFV for overinflated Capcom prize money.
A lot of the "b" tier pro players already jumped ship to DBZ, though they may be back to SF in a month, its just hard to say.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 am

MARVEL VS CAPCOM INFINITE DIDN'T MAKE IT TO EVO BUT DRAGONBALL FIGHTERZ DID

CAPCUCK SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:

Edit: I'm gonna wait for a sale on DBZ if anyone wants to play in the future.
I'll probably but it a t a reasonable price
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 am
MARVEL VS CAPCOM INFINITE DIDN'T MAKE IT TO EVO BUT DRAGONBALL FIGHTERZ DID
Is that really that surprising? Didn't we have a lineup screenshot in this thread which showed a pleasant lack of Capcom games?

With that out of the way: YES! PARTYYY~!
-Yours Truly

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:14 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:16 pm
With that out of the way: YES! PARTYYY~!
>partying with an animu trap

Anime really was a mistake.

Even BlazBlue Tag Battle made it. Even Injustice fucking made it, despite the shitshow that happened last year with that Trident Rush bullshit. I'll say that again, MvC:I is worse than Injustice :lol:

Also games at Evo:

ArcSys games: 3
Namco Bandai Games: 2
Nintendo: 2
NetherRealm: 1
Capcom: 1

Old Black Man wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 am

There's even a lyric here "make injustice pay." It's like they knew! :lol:

Capcucks btfo and I couldn't be happier. What was even the last good capcuck fightan game? I mean the last capcuck fightan game that was good even before 1000 updated versions.

Blazblue has been good since Continuum Shift II. Guilty Gear has been ''good'' since X2. Most of the arcsys animu fightan games only got 1 iteration or maybe 2. It's hard to credit Ultra IV when they only started to get shit right at the very end of the lifespan.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome