Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:07 pm

It's weird in general how training mode and online play are limited to four games in the entire library.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:07 pm
It's weird in general how training mode and online play are limited to four games in the entire library.
And Capcum wants $40 for this shit. Unacceptable.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Had a pretty fucking comfy fightcade session. Some people were obviously better and roflstomped the shit out of me. Had a few laggy matches and a lot of good ones. Picked Hugo primarily because my Ibuki is so trash. I did fight one guy who was clearly way above my skill level, then I switched to Dudley and bodied him by a total fluke. Then he switched to Chun lol. Did a few matches and he kept picking Chun so I went mirror Chun. Won a few, lost a few, then switched and lost a bunch. God damn I hate Chun in this. I can kind of play her because I play her a lot in SF4 and Alpha 3 for fun.

If any of you fags have fightcade and want to set up some casual fun, let me know. I had a blast trolling with super 1 hugo. Backbreaker on their wakeup into 720. I pretty much played troll hugo like that the whole time. Halfscreen meat squasher because why not lel. If it hits you get such an advantage. I feel bad for one guy. He was probably better at the game (he stomped me in neutral a lot) but I kept winning over and over because he wasn't prepared for constant 360s and empty backbreakers. I was surprised he didn't block meaty clap though, so maybe he's as new as I am.

I did get a lot of "wins" but that's irrelevant. Especially since anyone who could parry blew me up, which means I'm still terrible. Elena and Oro were pretty painful matches for Hugo tbh.

Oh and I went super 1 once I realized it's way better for hugo's mind games than hammer mountain. You can just 720 punish a lot of offense if they get too close.

I'm also super happy because I got my retarded hugo throw setup to work. Wall toss on their wakeup -> backbreaker. :lol: It only worked once though. It's terrible.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:35 am

I never played 3S as well, but when I watched vesper play it Q looked fun for how tanky he is when you taunt.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:38 am

And Q seems pretty decent against Hugo because it's hard for Hugo to punish the taunts. Hugo's damage stops being scary when you have 3 taunts imo.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Jesus, isn't it depressing how fucking awesome 1999 was and how shit everything after it became? I want that Zeitgeist back!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:43 pm

I didn't even know bebop highschool existed until that playlist.

I'm thinking I'll get Garou running and fightcade and see if any english speaking people are on ever. Or if it's all Jeralds.

https://youtu.be/X0ItbXFNjCU?list=PL2AF950DEF9C94DF0

Here's the one for your character kugel.

I can't even say I'm good enough at garou to have a main, but it'd almost certainly be Butt. Maybe Tizoc if I'm brave. BIG FALL
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm

The TOP system is the greatest fitan mechanic ever conceived. It's a real damn shame it's never been used after Garou.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 pm

>Bebop Highschool

Has it really been that long? I feel you Kugel, far gone are the days when had such amazing ost the aimed to straight up make their own versions of already amazing songs. You ain't gonna find musicians write entire soundtracks for an anime just because they heard Joe Cocker's version of Unchain My Heart on the radio that week.

Or do some other far out shit like copy old jazz sessions with drums and sax and superimpose them on anisons to make something new. Even now it's stupidly rare :

That's a 1 in a million these days, if we're lucky and it's only one song.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow