Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:28 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 am
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance was one of my favorites as a kid.
Wait that's not a weeb game, silly me.
>liking PS2 era MK
>liking MK at all
SpoilerShow
DA had some fun extra content. Used to play the Puzzle Fighter thing in the PSP version of Deception a lot. Not gr8 games objectively.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:34 am

MK trilogy is the masterpiece of our generation.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:56 am

Def Jam: Fight for New York is pretty good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 am

Virtua Fighter 4: Evo is probably the best fightan gayme on the ps2. The ps2 version of Soul Calibur 2 is inferior to the other versions. Tekken 5 is a great game, but the ps2 never got Dark Resurrection. The OG game was pretty unbalanced and lacking in some characters. The ps2 version of Dead or Alive 2 is graphically inferior to the OG xbox version. Marvel vs Capcom 2 was an unbalanced mess. SF3's port to ps2 was shitty IIRC. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is a good choice for top ps2 fightan game, but it's a very "anime fighter" type of game with a lot of weird systems. The samurai shodown anthology is just a collection of badly-ported roms.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:41 am

Soul Calibur 2 runs absolutely amazing on Dolphin so emulating the GC version is a great choice. It runs on just about any toaster and if you've got a capable rig you can set the internal rendering resolution to 4k and downscale it to whatever your monitor does for ridiculously crisp graphics.
I still have a screenshot.
SC2 rendered @4k displayed @1080pShow
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:08 pm

And to think that people prefer muddy garbage as long as its covered in enough shaders. Fucking sad.

Also Virtua Fighter 4 Evo was the absolute shit.
mad bum wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:43 pm
Arcana Heart.
*Hurting my feelings*
Unlike you, can see past the moe exterior to enjoy this finely-crafted and unique fighting game.

(Though I'm kinda pissed the developers didn't make a mecha game. The whole Arcana system and homing dash would be fucking perfect for that.)
Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 am
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance was one of my favorites as a kid.
Wait that's not a weeb game, silly me.
Armageddon Deception was better.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:01 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:08 pm
And to think that people prefer muddy garbage as long as its covered in enough shaders. Fucking sad.
And it's mostly people bullshitting themselves. High and stable framerates with sharp graphics and low input latency are really what matters.
My favourite argument is when people claim non-sense like you supposedly only being able to see @24fps. I think that comes mainly from movies (hence "cinematic") that traditionally ran at that pace. That's done because film is expensive and they want to roll it as slow as possible, which is about 24fps to be the bare minimum as to what is not annoying to look at but far from the maximum.

Eyes don't have a frame rate. It's never been exactly defined what the absolute maximum a human can sense variation in but of the tests that were made it's safe to say that you don't reach the point of not being able to notice a difference anywhere before the high 100s.
Your eyes are used to see stuff going on at Plank distance interval speed at the resolution of the size of a photon with absolutely no delay whatsoever. The first thing that will be annoying in a video game to look at is low or inconsistent frame rate, the second blurry resolution and delay can just make it unplayable mechanically. Filters are a false god if there has ever been one, preached about by an industry that has reached the point of diminishing returns and enforced by buyer's remorse of console owners.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:25 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:01 am
Eyes don't have a frame rate.
Spoken exactly like someone who can't see beyond 8 FPS.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:08 pm
tictac likes muddy garbage.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:29 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:25 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:01 am
Eyes don't have a frame rate.
Spoken exactly like someone who can't see beyond 8 FPS.
Said exactly like someone that doesn't have any reading comprehension. Eyes don't and being able to process information varies. Unless you're brain damaged you can tell the difference of a moving object on a screen up the 200s and sometimes beyond.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:46 am

I have heard memes about humans only seeing in x FPS, but claiming that x = 24 sounds particularly dumb. That shit's like easily debunked by either watching something in higher FPS, or wondering why the wagon-wheel effect doesn't happen nearly as often in IRL as it does in movies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette