What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:26 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 pm
You don't even have to obsess. If you browse hentai anywhere, you'll find tony taka and gunma.
I wouldn't be surprised if either of those two are being forgotten by new generations of autistic teenagers. End of an era.

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:16 am

Well, it's been a few years, but I've once again reinstalled Deus Ex. I must have played this damn game hundreds of times, but I'm sick of current-year shit.

By the way, all the MonHun talk has got me interested in playing, but I'm not that familiar with it. What game would be a good starting point?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 am

If you have a Switch, there's probably little reason to not go straight to GenU.
If you only have a 3DS, there are a lot more options. Haven't had much time to check out 3U, but between 4U and Gen I'd say 4U has the better story mode, if that has any importance to you. Vanilla Gen could certainly be a turn off because especially the early ranks have too many boring gathering quests.

Then again Vanilla Gen introduced the ability to play as one of your Palicos, so it all balances out in the end if you have patience. Or just look up on the interwebs which of those boring gathering quests are actually mandatory to rank up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:44 pm

A good option to just check it out for free would be to get yourself the PPSSPP emulator and take Portable 3rd for a spin.
As much as some quality of life changes came along in the subsequent games, it's remained very true to the formula over the years.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a game to start with too. It has the target cam but otherwise is extremely faithful to old style monhun. Or if you want the game with the most upgrades in quality of life, GenU is the way to go. But GenU lacks any kind of story or real progression.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:20 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:19 pm
But GenU lacks any kind of story or real progression.
That's not true.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:51 pm

So I played more SD Gundam Cross Rays.
Incoming SpergShow
So I discovered that pilot stats play a much bigger role in damage formulas than I initially thought. On top of that even low-tier units will eventually catch up to end-tier ones stat-wise (though they'll probably have lower hit points). This is pretty huge since you can make pretty much any unit with a decent weapons and ability loadout viable.
This probably also explains why my master units and squad leaders overkill the shit out of anything they touch, since I've kept those guys in my squads since the beginning.

This might even allow me to salvage the Sandrock from Gundam Wing. The Wing Gundams have it pretty bad in this game, since their end-tier versions are based on Endless Waltz, where everyone except the Wing Zero is in various states of having been dismantled. This usually results in a pretty shit weapons loadout (except for the Heavyarms Custom who wrecks all kinds of shit).

The Sandrock probably has it the worst. He already has it pretty bad in the animu version, since the Sandrock Custom just has higher stats, but loses damage potential everywhere but at range 1 (where he gets a slight damage boost). He also loses his Cross Cutter special attack (wich like all special attacks ignore any kind of defensive ability). The only upside is that he can now ploink at people from range 4 instead of 3. Yay.
And then you get the Endless Waltz version, which only has slightly higher stats, but is unable to hit anything beyond range 2 (and even range 2 is useless since all he can do at that range is scrape off your paint with some Vulcan rounds).

But luckily Cross Rays comes with stuff from the Glory of the Losers manga, which gives us Sandrock's Armadillo loadout. This is literally just the vanilla Sandrock with the Custom's ploinky submachine gun, but this is probably as good as it's gonna get for him.

Also don't even bother with XL or bigger units. They're annoying to move around and can't take advantage of SFS (those Green Goblin flyer thingies), which let you break the game in all sorts of hilarious ways, from doing double moves to being able to do shit you can't normally do after moving (like joining in support attacks, using skills or attacking with MAP weapons).

The clear star in terms of DLC is definitely anything that lets you unlock G Fighter units. These guys are fucking amazing and loads of fun. The only ones that will wreck your shit harder are the Turn A and Turn X, unsurprisingly :lol:

The worst are probably the units from Reconquista in Pee. The only one that doesn't look like complete dogshit is the G-Lucifer, and that's mostly because it's pretty hard to fuck up a Gouf clone.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Pilots states were basically all that mattered in SRT OG2. You would spam skills to stack up buffs and then instant kill everything.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Pilot stats, and maxing at least one of those starting machine guns to max ASAP so you can equip any Real Robot with a quality dakka gun that will pretty much never run out of ammo. Made even better in the PS2 remake because you can craft special ammo that can pull shit like ignore force field and shit.
-Yours Truly

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Four Elements Trainer....
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli