What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:53 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:30 am
The AI cheating has pissed me off in every total war game.
yeah they just spam unaffordable stacks instead of working out a decent ai
That's not even the worst problem. That they heal up super quickly is. It's very hard to actually cripple an AI army and if you did you must finish the lord off unless you like dealing with the bastard and a full stack again in a few turns.
SpoilerShow
Psalm 137:9

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue May 05, 2020 6:44 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:57 pm
I'm leery of the newer total war games. I always hear mixed things about the new shit. I got the impression from somewhere that Shogun 2 was the last good one.
Warhammer 2 is excellent. Sure, the DLCs are pricier, but there is a lot of care and attention to detail put into those. The audience are mainly people who play these games for hundreds of hours, so they don't mind. And unless you decide to play for that long, you are not really missing out for not having those playable races (since I believe most of the DLC is in the base game anyways, you just can't play as the new races unless you buy them), the base game will easily last you for over 100 hours. I got both Warhammers for cheap from bundles, so I'm not complaining.

Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 pm

They are really good. Just be aware that they aren't flawless. The AI is a cheating cunt but there are plenty of mods with super easy implementation that fix that stuff to a large degree.
SpoilerShow
Psalm 137:9

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed May 06, 2020 11:52 am

I just finished Streets of Rage 4 on hardest difficulty because urinalist i am not.

Like their remakes of WonderBoy and Pang, the devs updated the graphics and music and left the original gameplay intact (maybe they made the controls more responsive).
The only new mechanics i noticed (maybe they already existed in the previous games and now i don't remember them) are the ability to restore the energy spent for a special move if you keep hitting the enemies without being hit, the ability to hit enemies behind you in the middle of a ground combo, the ability to re-grab a thrown weapon while it's in mid air, and different ultra-moves for every character (instead bazooka cop for everyone).

No sjw pandering; you can see Blaze's pants during the flying kick and ground combos animations, but they are red and not white. All enemies and bosses are either muscular guys or big titted wahmen (and most of them are from the old games anyway).

The story mode (and arcade mode) features 12 fairly long levels, but no alternate routes.
You can unlock the retro-looking characters of SoR 1, 2 and 3 and play with them.

The new wrestler/Dr.Zan hybrid is op as fuck; he's not slower than Axel and Adam, hits like a truck, his arms reach enemies a mile away from him and can grab 2 enemies at once.

If the game featured alternate routes and more unlockables (like more outfits and characters) it would be better than Fight N' Rage and the Bomber remake, but in its current state i say play it only if you are tired of those 2.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 10, 2020 8:40 am

Picked up Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence. So far, I'm really enjoying the historicity of the simulation and the diplomatic tools. Town growth is fun too. But the combat sucks massive dongs. You can't recruit individual classes of units. When you muster troops, you take about 90% of the soldiers in the city and make a big mixed unit out of them. If you have guns or horses, you automatically take some with you, but you cannot form your horses or guns into dedicated units. This means you can't create flanking groups or gunner squads. Manual combat is sloppy and (I've heard) incredibly unbalanced. You end up slapping your forces against enemy forces and the side with bigger numbers wins. Lame.

I picked the Shimazu because the South will rise again. Don't tread on me, shogunate. I'm thinking I'll make friends with the chosokabe and then between us, we'll have 2 entire islands of japlandia under our thumb before we even encounter that bitch Oda and his friends.

I'll be playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms X next, and I know for a fact that game has units like fire emblem/advance wars.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 10, 2020 10:19 am

I know that at least 3 Kingdom XI has (Cavalry, Crossbow, Pike, Spear, or shitty Swords if you don't have anything else to equip them; plus siege engines).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 11, 2020 4:46 am

I've learned a lot of lessons from nobunaga's ambitchions that apply to real life if you think about it:

Keep weak allies behind you and strong allies in front of you. Let strong allies blunt themselves against the enemy so you can mop up. Weak allies can be left behind your lines because they're too weak to do anything even if they want to betray you. Once isolated and weak, a clan is more likely to agree to be your vassals anyway (aka bitches,) and you can eventually assimilate them without need for violence.

Kill all betrayers. I was trying to make nice with this one clan and team up to kill a weaker one, but the strong clan kept betraying me and siding with the weak one against me just to fuck me over. Finally said "fuck this" and focused on genociding the bigger clan first. Some clans seem more honest than others. Marriage alliances are fucking sweet too. I would marry my best fighters into my clan and then marry my single Shimazu boys to prominent women from other clans whose power I wanted to hide behind.

I now control all of kyushu+ some of honshu and the chosokabe control all of shikoku and are married to me. The only problem now is it takes me like 6 fucking months to walk an army to the front lines. :lol:
Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am
I know somebody is in the right and telling the truth when they block me when I start asking questions.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon May 11, 2020 6:10 am

"Always kill a traitor before an enemy, Jimbo" — Hugh Neutron.

Moe Bitches

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon May 11, 2020 6:18 am

Fine advice from a guy that had a duck and pie fetish.
"I just feel that stating an obvious joke could get tired sometimes so I try to make something else out of it to the point where it's not a joke, rendering it not funny. It is no joke to be blind/seeing nothing but darkness."

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 11, 2020 10:18 am

The thinking man's fetishes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.