What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 am

I like me1 simply for the freedom the game gives, you can use an assault rifle as a magic user and not hit shit with it, but you can still do it. Game was boring otherwise though.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 01, 2019 9:10 am

Most (older) bioware games are that way. They're boring but weirdly enjoyable at times because you can build a party and customize every character's abilities.

But bioware doesn't know how to make games like that anymore. Only tepid action trash.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 01, 2019 9:48 am

B-b-but that makes them more streamlined, and more accessible.

Also lol, finally got around to watching this BG1 expansion video. Why are trans people so anal about their name? This isn't some mystical True Name bullshit, it's just a bloody designation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 am
It's hilarious how fucking dead of a language Japanese is. "Steering" "dorifto" "bureku" "shifto". Do those niggers even have own words for anything after 1900?
Not just japanese. I see fuckernauts from my country using words like "fejk" or "hejt" (shouldn't be hard to interpret), they just write it like this, because of the massive influence of english speaking side of the internet. Because it's too much work to use a proper word from our language to describe the same thing, it's easier to use something that at this point is universally recognized as more than one thing. Social media only helps people to degenerate.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:10 am
Most (older) bioware games are that way. They're boring but weirdly enjoyable at times because you can build a party and customize every character's abilities.
One day I want to try replaying Jade Empire. I don't remember that much from it anymore, but it's been unique and enjoyable experience. Same with Mass Effect 1, it's a good game. I do like ME2 a lot, but it felt significantly more small scale than ME1 - at the same time, more focused, which was a good thing regarding story, because ME1 felt like it was trying to be a space epic, but lacking resources.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:58 pm
I'm not really playing it, but I just found out somethin funny about Cuckdom Soys 3 that is probably generating a lot of salt in that fandom.

So you have this "epic" conclusion* to an autistic fanfic crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy. And there's no Final Fantasy. Neither muh precious cameos, nor muh precious Sephiroth boss battle. Nothing.

*) Okay it's just the end of the "first saga", but that shit took like 17 years from start to finish. It's done.
I may as well add to the list of issues...

>story material happens in the last 2 hours of the game
>gameplay is way too piss easy with spells and attraction flows (Disney Rides) being outright broken in your favor 99% of the time, even on hard difficulty, with the hardest mode being added in a patch 2 months later
>selfie camera, because modern trends
>most of the adventure is spent faffing about in Disney worlds, mostly from the newer CGI ones, wasting time doing abridged versions of the movies' plots that have nothing to do with the barebones main plot
>the entire "Let It Go" song is recreated in the Frozen world since Japan religiously guzzles Frozen like fresh cum
>more confusing bullshit and plotholes being added to the ongoing maelstrom of autism
>majority of the worlds are too big and empty, or rather, emptier than usual
>first KH game to have more NPCs, but they're mostly just window dressing that you barely interact with
>only 1 superboss which, given the pitiable excuse for what counts as "difficulty," is the easiest superboss in the series
>no colosseum to fight bad guys as of now
>only 1 humanoid Disney villain boss fight
>Maleficent and Pete do nothing
>more bullshit time travel nonsense
>big grand showdown that was foreshadowed in the 3DS game boils down to sectionalized group fights that get picked off one by one by the protagonist regardless of the allies who help him
>main villain gets defeated by giving up and accepting defeat despite being on the verge of winning regardless
>main villain's original motivation behind his goal gets retconned
>ending reveals lame plot twist behind another villain's identity + refuses to show what was inside a literal mystery box all while connecting to another prequel that was divided into a mobile game + a short movie
>secret ending is retarded + ties into The World Ends With You & a short nod to Final Fantasy Versus XIII

One must wonder when people will finally take the red pill and call out Tetsuya Nomura on his continuous bullshit since Advent Children.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Everyone associated with Advent Children should've been fired, and all copies of the movie burned. That shit marked the point of no return.
Guest wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 pm
>main villain gets defeated by giving up and accepting defeat despite being on the verge of winning regardless
>main villain's original motivation behind his goal gets retconned
I see Tesuya is getting his inspirations from only the finest of shounenshit. I bet he's also doing the classic trope of "Irredeemable asshole villain gets retconned into a more tragic fellow so the hero can feel sorry for him", which only the best of writers use. It's like Vader's classic sacrifice at the end of Return of the Jedi, except shounen villains don't actually do anything remotely noble to deserve it (because retcon). Simply genius.
>the entire "Let It Go" song is recreated in the Frozen world since Japan religiously guzzles Frozen like fresh cum
Is Japan really that much different from the rest of the world? At least the internet seems to be madly in love with this shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed May 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Its almost like games with enless development hell just end up half baked anyway.
I didn't expect KHTriple to be good but not having a Seffyroth boss fight actually makes me angry. They just didn't care.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 pm
Is Japan really that much different from the rest of the world? At least the internet seems to be madly in love with this shit.
Its at least a favorite with every pedophile to ever use YouTube.
Guest wrote:

>secret ending is retarded + ties into The World Ends With You & a short nod to Final Fantasy Versus XIII
We really dodged a bullet with TWEWY just getting shitty ports and not an actual sequel. Thank fuck.
Sad they never tied KH into my favorite Squeenix Nomura game, The Bouncer. (although KH2 does have an actual Bouncer reference)

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 am
It's hilarious how fucking dead of a language Japanese is. "Steering" "dorifto" "bureku" "shifto". Do those niggers even have own words for anything after 1900?
Not just japanese. I see fuckernauts from my country using words like "fejk" or "hejt" (shouldn't be hard to interpret), they just write it like this, because of the massive influence of english speaking side of the internet. Because it's too much work to use a proper word from our language to describe the same thing, it's easier to use something that at this point is universally recognized as more than one thing. Social media only helps people to degenerate.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:10 am
One day I want to try replaying Jade Empire. I don't remember that much from it anymore, but it's been unique and enjoyable experience. Same with Mass Effect 1, it's a good game. I do like ME2 a lot, but it felt significantly more small scale than ME1 - at the same time, more focused, which was a good thing regarding story, because ME1 felt like it was trying to be a space epic, but lacking resources.
I played Jade Empire at least twice on my og xbox back in the day. It's a fun game. Classic bioware. It's less complex than KotoR and more comparable to the original Mass Effect. It's less about your stats and more about how you master the combat. So again, less like KotoR 1 which had all those dice rolls.

The basic idea is to use a debuff martial art style to inflict status on the opponent, then swap to damage dealing styles. You have a style for regenerating magic too.

ME2 did some things well. I liked the way most of the game was about building a team op enough to fight the final enemies. Most of the game is about character-building and using those characters to learn about the world. But I can't ignore the way they removed a lot of abilities and most of the stat-building. Characters in ME2 don't have builds for the most part. You either max them out or you don't.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu May 02, 2019 1:37 am

I've played a bit of FURI and died like ten times straight because it's been forever since the last time I played such reflex-y (?) game but after some getting used to, holy fuckball cowbells this game is great. Maybe not as great as Shadow Warrior because no blood/gore but still great. Easily 11/10.

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:48 am
B-b-but that makes them more streamlined, and more accessible.

Also lol, finally got around to watching this BG1 expansion video. Why are trans people so anal about their name? This isn't some mystical True Name bullshit, it's just a bloody designation.
I still don't know what exactly went wrong with BG1EE expansion (any suggestion of good review/playthrough??) but what's really unfortunate is, that game was made by old Bioware devs(Beamdog) and not notorious nuBioware. People had a relatively high hope about Beamdog until that incident happened but that game definitely had a noticeable negative impact on their nerd street credit no one takes them seriously anymore.
Guest wrote:
I may as well add to the list of issues...
<green wall of dedication>
One must wonder when people will finally take the red pill and call out Tetsuya Nomura on his continuous bullshit since Advent Children.
One must wonder why they have to change anything when people like you exist.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 03, 2019 8:15 pm

I assume that the blokes from Classic Bioware fell victim to a SocJus Wormtongue inviting his friends to the party.
-Yours Truly