What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:32 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:40 pm
I'm usually not one to like furry games with stealth elements, but Stranger's Wrath is pretty gud.
I see you're a fellow Oddworld connoisseur as well. I prefer Abe's Exoddus myself.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:28 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I'm usually not one to like furry games with stealth elements, but Stranger's Wrath is pretty gud. Pretty unique, plays nice, the Chippunk is pretty chill, and the pun names (New Yolk City, Jo Momma, Eugene Ius) are so stupid they go back to being amazing.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:47 am
Because it's Sega and, therefore, shit.
If only they'd included furry characters...
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:34 am
I don't know why the hell I like disgaea as much as I do. But it is really nice that you can speed the game up until it's finally fast enough.

I also like all the weird monster classes like Baciels, Gargoyles, Catsabers and Prinnies.
You might dislike the art style or "hilarious" humor, but Disgaea is one hell of tactical RPG game.

Though I personally always preferred the way monster classes worked in Makai Kingdom. All the monsters there are humanoid enough that they can equip the same weapons as everyone else. It even introduced the Catsabers, and giving one of them nunchucks is pretty fucking weird (nunchucks hit a lot, and Catsabers meow with each hit).
Stranger's Wrath is probably my favorite game as an adult now. What I mean is I used to like chrono trigger a lot and still do because of muh nostalgia, but the game I love the most from my teenage and adult years was stranger's wrath. I'd go so far as to call it a perfect game.

BTW the best weapon combo is stunks and zapflies you fucking scrub. :lol: Or stunks and bola spiders.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 am

Disgaea always has pretty smooth music too tbh.

RAPEMAN wrote:

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:50 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:28 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I'm usually not one to like furry games with stealth elements, but Stranger's Wrath is pretty gud. Pretty unique, plays nice, the Chippunk is pretty chill, and the pun names (New Yolk City, Jo Momma, Eugene Ius) are so stupid they go back to being amazing.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:47 am
Because it's Sega and, therefore, shit.
If only they'd included furry characters...
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:34 am
I don't know why the hell I like disgaea as much as I do. But it is really nice that you can speed the game up until it's finally fast enough.

I also like all the weird monster classes like Baciels, Gargoyles, Catsabers and Prinnies.
You might dislike the art style or "hilarious" humor, but Disgaea is one hell of tactical RPG game.

Though I personally always preferred the way monster classes worked in Makai Kingdom. All the monsters there are humanoid enough that they can equip the same weapons as everyone else. It even introduced the Catsabers, and giving one of them nunchucks is pretty fucking weird (nunchucks hit a lot, and Catsabers meow with each hit).
Stranger's Wrath is probably my favorite game as an adult now. What I mean is I used to like chrono trigger a lot and still do because of muh nostalgia, but the game I love the most from my teenage and adult years was stranger's wrath. I'd go so far as to call it a perfect game.

BTW the best weapon combo is stunks and zapflies you fucking scrub. :lol: Or stunks and bola spiders.
Chrono Trigger and Stranger’s Wrath? Good taste my man.

Speaking of the former, I went back to Chrono Cross once again and have to say it’s a damned underrated game.

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:44 am

I've played a bit of Warframe with my brother and it was kinda fun. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo much farming in it, so I'll see how much I'll play it. My brother loves farming games where you grind the fuck out of something for 2-3 days until you get +1 more damage (like Diablo 3 or Path of Exile), so... I guess I'll have ti play it some :/

I got pretty fucking mad after I played the tutorial. I DID play the game when it was open Beta, but now I had to play the tutorial (which there was non in the Beta). You can choose from 3 "classes" and I picked someone else than the one I played with before. Turns out... you can't actually CHANGE YOUR FUCKING CLASS. After the tutorial, I get the one I played 2 years ago since THAT was the one locked to my account. Firstly, it was SAME class with same skills as my brother and second, I had to spend the in-game currency I earned from those 3.5 hours played to buy the starting weapon I wanted... and then it SUCKED because weapons level as well and it had no slots to actually put mods in (stats to improve shit) so now I have to played with an underleveled weapon...

Was annoying af, but gameplay seems fun (basically a robot-ninja with Vanquish like movement) and it has loooaaads of customisation.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:49 pm

You're wondering about grinding in a f2p?
Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:32 am
I see you're a fellow Oddworld connoisseur as well. I prefer Abe's Exoddus myself.
I've actually only played Abe's Odyssey before, but man if that one ain't my favorite cinematic platformer. A shame the series never got some animated adaptation, 'cause I really dig the style.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:28 am
Oh, I won't deny the usefulness of all three of these weapons, but I love having a Chippunk equipped while walking around in first-person, just to hear its stupid comments.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 am
Disgaea always has pretty smooth music too tbh.
I don't think I've ever played a Nippon-Ichi tactical RPG whose soundtrack didn't have at least one catchy and one epic tune.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:49 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 am
(snip)
Looks/sounds like a nightmare fuel for people with weeb intolerance. JRPG these days are gay and vegan (except for few) what a shame. There will be no JRPGs like Necromancer ever again!

They even turned Wizardry into some kawaii shit. Fuck Japs.
Auli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:44 am
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo much farming in it, so I'll see how much I'll play it.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:49 pm
You're wondering about grinding in a f2p?
Even payed games like Payday has grinding factor to artificially increase playtime and that's is why L4D 1/2 will always be one of the best of its kind imo. You can just jump in and enjoy to the fullest asap. Map set is kinda limited though.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Disgaea's story is gay and for people with weeb tolerance. I've been wrapping up disgaea 4 and I'll be starting up D3 eventually. The gameplay in D4 is great fun but the story is probably the worst I've seen yet. The only part of the story I liked was Flonne's cameo with Great Flonnser X (mazinger z ripoff.) Most of the characters were/are completely one-note and a lot of them aren't even fun to play. I'm having more fun with the D3 guest characters honestly.

They spent 3 fucking story chapters on a trash villain and they kept trying to meme "this chapter will be the final one, honest guiz."

But at the end of the day, Disgaea for me isn't about the shitty anime story. It's about pumping up to level 9999 and crushing everything in my way with an army of my favorite human and monster class generics.

That said, god damn D4's story is bad. D2 was much more tolerable in my opinion. D4's underworld music is even bad. :(

The best disgaea experience for me so far has definitely been D2 on the psp. It's just D2 with a lot of gameplay improvements from D3. A fighting game analogy would be like if someone ported 3rd Strike to portable systems but finally nerfed Chun, Ken and Yun while buffing Sean, Twelve and Alex. D2 PSP is the superior experience. I don't have any level 9999 bros but I think I have some people in the 500s.

Oh and D4 on pstv/vita has fucking massive frame drops in the item world, jesus christ.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Auli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:44 am
Was annoying af, but gameplay seems fun (basically a robot-ninja with Vanquish like movement) and it has loooaaads of customisation.
Oh boy. Well, there is no such thing as classes in Warframe. There's also not really such a thing as leveling. Having something at level 30 is the most base default, really, while the leveling is busiwork.
In the end, mods will define how a weapon and a Warframe handle. Right at the beginning you're lacking many crutial mods and you'll need to pump the mods with endo as well.

So, it's about the mods. 5 tips for you:
1. Never level a broken mod. You'll only get those in the beginning. They look like the glass is cracked. Feel free to use them but don't level them.
2. Let somebody give you really important mods. Trading costs credits, that can't be turned off, but you'll see a massive improvement in quality of life with even just a few really important mods.
3. Ask in the chat. For and about everything. People will tell you whatever you need to know. Chat generally is really friendly.
4. Spend your platinum only on slots for weapons and Warframes and only when you have to. You can earn plat by selling prime parts to other players but you should already have some.
5. Build a Hek. It's a shotgun. Shotguns are fucking amazing in Warframe. It's cheap, has a low mastery requirement and is really, really good.

Is your brother in a clan?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:48 pm

I recently completed Alien Isolation, wasnt able to play it until now.

I thought it was a pretty fun game overall. Really want to jump on a second game now! (but will put it off for now, since im close to completing Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which so far, has also being pretty fun)