What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 pm

follow slickdeals.net everyday when you're ready to buy and scroll around the computer deals.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 am

I played the resident evil 2 demo, the movement feels better than the revelations games and it wasn't annoying to use the lantern at least in the areas I played, same goes for enemies bullet detection that shows some variation, in general exploration was ok, the only annoying change is when you want to check a door or some equipment you must use to enter other area inmediatly opens the menu assuming you have the key/item, they should leaves the old prompt with the requirement needed.

With the basic handgun I couldn't headshot any zombie with one bullet, I needed like two or three bust at least parts of the zombies faces fell out and with the shotgun I couldn't experiment much, but I assume that with other weapons you can do it in one shot, and you have the knives as close combate defense as well.

I played in the police station only but maybe some autist reached another area, even there i found two more storage blocks and it seems like you can have 12, maybe its a little too much considering that is the first area of the game.

Seemed decent but its a demo and we are talking about crapcom, it wouldnt surprise me that the final game is more shitty.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:03 am

I'll wait for the cracked version.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am

I remain very skeptical. RE2 is my favorite re game and I very much doubt the crapcom of current year can do it justice.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:31 am

Bobito wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 am
I played the resident evil 2 demo, the movement feels better than the revelations games and it wasn't annoying to use the lantern at least in the areas I played, same goes for enemies bullet detection that shows some variation, in general exploration was ok, the only annoying change is when you want to check a door or some equipment you must use to enter other area inmediatly opens the menu assuming you have the key/item, they should leaves the old prompt with the requirement needed.

With the basic handgun I couldn't headshot any zombie with one bullet, I needed like two or three bust at least parts of the zombies faces fell out and with the shotgun I couldn't experiment much, but I assume that with other weapons you can do it in one shot, and you have the knives as close combate defense as well.

I played in the police station only but maybe some autist reached another area, even there i found two more storage blocks and it seems like you can have 12, maybe its a little too much considering that is the first area of the game.

Seemed decent but its a demo and we are talking about crapcom, it wouldnt surprise me that the final game is more shitty.
I’m willing to give it a shot at least. Does it have that lame shit where you can’t pause to enter a menu? That’s a modern convention I hate so much, especially when there is no reason to have it.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 am

I think they started that shit with RE5 and yeah, it sucks.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

Probably stole the idea from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. That one even had you control your character (to avoid enemies) and fuck around with the menu at the same time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 am

It's a concession made to online gaming. Actual pause screens don't work in online games. I wish they'd come up with a better solution or allow you to pause when you're not online. Souls games in particular really suffer from lack of pausing when the entire game is unsafe, you can get invaded and the only place you can put down your controller at is a bonfire.

The whole idea is retarded. I'm not in an isolation chamber when I play a game. Sometimes I have to stop and do real shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:43 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 pm
Awesome awesome, thanks for the advice.
DID SOMEBODY SAY THEY WANT TO PLAY SOME FUCKING DOOM?
SpoilerShow
Open the image for a larger version. Personally, I like GZDoom best with all aim assists and crosshairs turned off and with the Smooth Doom mod for more frames of animation. Feel free to go nuts, though.

Edit: The links should all still be valid. Pirate the game there. DON'T GIVE BETHESDA MONEY FOR SHIT THEY DIDN'T MAKE!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:30 am

And remember to never ever buy doom engine or quake games from steam.
RAPEMAN wrote: