What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:21 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:36 am
>Dreamcast game
Lmao
Are you saying not figure-4 leg locking zombies is funnyShow
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:36 am
You focus to much on the optics, not the actual heart and soul.
This Wizardry looks great UwU

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:08 pm

Soyga Saturn was a gold mine of weeb trash.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:43 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:37 am
Plotholes aside - the main plot beats were resonant. I think Tidus gets too much shit, especially in contrast to the 13 and on protagonists and Squall.

I think Yunalesca is one of my favorite fights in an RPG - the right kind of challenging where you have to adapt constantly and it’s more skill than repetition and monotony.

Which makes me think more that the actual monotonous parts of the game are a giant troll.
I still think Squall gets too much undeserved shit. Sure he’s a sullen asshole but he’s also a teenage mercenary with severe abandonment issues, that’s not being experimented on for four years and the. watching your best bud die but it still sucks. I still think the FF8 hate is less about the actual flaws and more because “Muh Spoony One said it was bad.”

Tidus is fine by me, and the rest of the cast works as well. Auron is my personal favorite because I tend to lean towards the older mentor types in those games, plus of all the weird costume designs he probably has the best IMO.

If I had to make a top ten of FF characters he’d be on there along with Locke from 6 and whip babe Quistis from 8.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:53 pm

Auron is the best 3D FF character in my book, and you'd have to drag out ultra-chads like Galuf to find characters from the 2D era that compare.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:08 pm
Soyga Saturn was a gold mine of weeb trash.
Along with the PC Engine, if for no other reason than Rondo of Blood embiggening the entire franchise with Maria "Big-Titted Loli" Renard.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:19 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:43 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:37 am
Plotholes aside - the main plot beats were resonant. I think Tidus gets too much shit, especially in contrast to the 13 and on protagonists and Squall.

I think Yunalesca is one of my favorite fights in an RPG - the right kind of challenging where you have to adapt constantly and it’s more skill than repetition and monotony.

Which makes me think more that the actual monotonous parts of the game are a giant troll.
I still think Squall gets too much undeserved shit. Sure he’s a sullen asshole but he’s also a teenage mercenary with severe abandonment issues, that’s not being experimented on for four years and the. watching your best bud die but it still sucks. I still think the FF8 hate is less about the actual flaws and more because “Muh Spoony One said it was bad.”

Tidus is fine by me, and the rest of the cast works as well. Auron is my personal favorite because I tend to lean towards the older mentor types in those games, plus of all the weird costume designs he probably has the best IMO.

If I had to make a top ten of FF characters he’d be on there along with Locke from 6 and whip babe Quistis from 8.
Squall is a bitch and a dick, but look at who he has to hang out with. I'd act like a cunt too! Zell and Selphie are anime stereotypes who never stop yapping about nothing. Quistis is supposed to be his teacher, but she dumps her problems on him and then whines when he's not sympathetic, just like a typical basic bitch. Rinoa is throwing herself at him 24/7 and acting fucking weird all the time. And Irvine is a huge poser who breaks down at the worst moments.

I replayed most of FF8 recently (as much as I could stand) and Squall was not even close to as bad as I remembered. What is truly bad about FF8 is the gameplay. The draw/junction system fucking sucks balls and the character switching into Laguna makes it worse, since you constantly have to manually re-junction all your shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:24 pm

Imagine if Square actually kept refining the Materia system, instead of always reinventing everything.
It'd probably be like those The Legend of Heroes: Trails [something] [something] games, but with an actual budget.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 pm

That’s always been my dream, to somehow give FF8 simpler gameplay of the past games, materia or something similar would work better than that junction bullshit.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Sans maybe Quistis, none of the FF8 cast stuck out to me in a meaningful way - tho Selphie is waaayyyy too lolicon.

Comparing Squall to the 13 cast (sans maybe the darkie - who can muster up being kind of tolerable) - is probably a reach since that games fucking awful and I think 8 is more just mediocre.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 pm

Lightning is basically the unholy offspring of Squall and Cloud.
-Yours Truly

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:26 pm

And she's Motomu Toriyama's waifu, so much so that he dedicated two additional games that no one asked for.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show