What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:18 pm

I've actually been having quite a bit of fun with BetaCuck, aka BattleTech. Pretty cool - if not entirely accurate - adaptation of ye olde tabletop game. Feels pretty good to blow up parts of enemy 'Mechs, and unlike those MechWarrior games you can now actually punch and stomp the shit out of people.

A couple things are a bit weird, though:
  • You're only limited to a single 'Mech lance (aka 4), even after getting a fuckhuge DropShip that can easily carry thrice that amount.
  • Also you're almost always fighting against 2 enemy lances, making this even more annoying.
  • Vehicles are bloody tiny in this, making every tank look effectively the same from a distance. I shouldn't have that much of an issue telling apart a Scorpion from a fucking Shrek.
  • Aerodyne DropShips that can VTOL in an atmosphere without fucking themselves up in the process. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am

You mean that game where you can just stand around and alpha strike everything that comes in range?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm
I've been playing Hollow Knight for the past two days. It's pretty good, actually.
WOAH DUDE, I HEARD THAT GAME IS A HIDDEN GEM
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:39 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm
I've been playing Hollow Knight for the past two days. It's pretty good, actually.
WOAH DUDE, I HEARD THAT GAME IS A HIDDEN GEM
Yeah yeah, it's very well known. It's just that so many faggots have been outright gushing over it that I automatically assumed that it'd be shit. To my surprise, it isn't.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:09 am

If you like Hollow knight you'll probably love this one:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:54 am

It's okay. A bit too slow for me most of the time. But when the mood strikes me it's pretty good. The atmosphere is wonderfully grimdark, though. Very bleak.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am
You mean that game where you can just stand around and alpha strike everything that comes in range?
Provided you're standing in trees (20% damage reduction) with a certain passive skill (20% damage reduction anytime you're already getting damage reduction form something else)? Absolutely.

(Also I'm glad you can turn off that "dynamic camera" nonsense. Who wants to play a tactical RPG where the camera keeps getting janked around?)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:39 am
Yeah yeah, it's very well known. It's just that so many faggots have been outright gushing over it that I automatically assumed that it'd be shit. To my surprise, it isn't.
What's a Hollow Knight?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:43 pm

A literal bone head.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:03 pm

I look into this thread once per month and of course I'm greeted with wall of faggotry... can we stick to something decent like old FPS, or is this going to be biohazard territory from now on?

Blasphemous looks great, but gameplay-wise, I'm still looking for actual replacement of Castevania: Symphony of the night. That game is simply amazing, but I would love to see some proper followup, there are so many platformers, but doesn't seem like anybody had the balls to copy this particular formula. Stuff like Ori or even Hollow Knight is nice, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. If anything, this genre has been plagued by rogue-like and bullet-hell bullshit.

As for old FPS (can't help you with shitty ones aside from Postal), Postal 2 is a good tip. Off the top of my head, Soldier of Fortune, Kingpin (brutally hard, I was surprised), most of the classic build engine games are good, Blood especially, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, first two CoD (very comforting and no cinematic bullshit like in the later games), the old Metal of Honor series and obviously Half-life, but who hasn't played Half-life? Just a few to get you started. Oh, and Blood and Bacon - super cheap trash, but honest and fun trash.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Blasphemous is quite alright. I just wish it was faster.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!