What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:10 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am
I figured out the subtle economic criticism, with the corporate jingles as national anthem & sheit
Funny, since that's more applicable to Communist nations. China loves that shit more and more while they are gearing up to become North Korea 2.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:30 pm

If that's the case then who is gonna artificially prop up North Korea 1 & 2?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:23 am

The same people and companies doing it right now.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:30 pm
If that's the case then who is gonna artificially prop up North Korea 1 & 2?
Who knows. The housing bubble in China will crash hard and fast and it will be a spectacle to remember.

Nobody will be able to prop that shit up. All companies heavily invested in China will eat shit so bad that not even cheap manufacturing will entice further investments.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:36 am

Played the Stellar Blade demo, decent despite me not being a Soulslike game. It’s very Nier in terms of combat with some Platinum Games mechanics thrown in, and I love how assblasted the smoking 2D waifu being based on a real 3DPD made people, fuck you sweet baby inc!
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:00 am

She sets unrealistic expecations for women everywhere. If we allow this game to get released it will be the end of mankind as we know it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:00 am
She sets unrealistic expecations for women everywhere.
She's based on an actual wombyn though.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:02 am

She's not representative. She should be cancelled for body-shaming other women with her freakish mutant body.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:24 am

Let's talk about games instead of women.

I've been trying to find some more single-player armored vehicle games, including Real Robot mech games. Basically, I'm looking for more games like Gungriffon, Battle Engine Aquila, Gunmetal, Zeonic Front, Panzer Front, and even shit like Ace Combat and Freespace 2. Something designed for single play with a persistent campaign where you are given objectives and go out to accomplish them like a military unit would. Where you'll die if you get shot too much and can't recharge your health or ammo freely.

Mechwarrior 5 looks rather tedious with how enemies just drop pod in on top of you all the time and the objectives are the same grab-bag of recycled stuff in a modern (((open world.))) I'm sure I'd enjoy the mech management but gameplay seems inferior to Mechwarrior 3. What I want is a curated campaign experience with no boring grinding or filler bullshit.

I had fun with Rebel Galaxy Outlaw for a while, but that game has very little meat to it. It runs into the same repeated content problem as what I've seen with Mechwarrior 5. There are only a couple of mission types and a handful of ships. The power curve tops out so early you won't even realize you're already at endgame.

Armored Core 3 and Silent Line are my gold standard for real robot mech games, even if they're just a bit more "super" than I would prefer (you can fly around a bit.) Unfortunately, I don't think there is first-person cam for these games. Let alone any cockpit view. I've played AC3 to death already. Zero interest in playing AC6 as it looks totally souls-ified.

I'm not particularly picky about the type of vehicle, so long as it's large and awesome. Looking around online, it seems like this kind of content has all gone PvP online (World of Tanks cancer) and many of the older games in the genre (Heavy Gear 2, Mechwarrior 3) are no longer supported on modern PCs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:24 am
I'm not particularly picky about the type of vehicle
How about a dog?

They aren't large though, only awesome.
The game features auto-lock on enemies instead of twin stick aiming though, because it's a jap roguelike.