What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:08 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:17 am
Pretty much. I tried reading the books and came away feeling that George is a shit writer. Just my first impression, but I remember a lot of purple prose and general bullshittery in his writing.
Normies were memed into liking GoT because it appeals to the normie lizard brain with sex, violence, soap opera shock writing and an internet troll's willingness to kill your favorite characters.
Normalfags don't have likes or dislikes, they just gravitate to wherever authority tells them to go, like flies to shit. They have no feelings or higher consciousness, like the Chinese, or women.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:17 am

It was the show everyone (and every site) was talking about.

Also played more Tokyo Xanadu. A bit into the game, you can actually teleport back to any dungeons whenever you feel like. Pretty neat considering the game heavily encourages you to faff around the whole city between each important story event, just in case you might forget something.
Combat's rather fun, actually, though normal enemies die way too fast, which is a bit of contrast to Ys games I played (where the enemies will make you feel each and every level you're underleveled). I'm also not sure why you're ranked after each dungeon (right before the boss, to be exact) if I keep getting the highest rank without even trying. Maybe I should bump the difficulty or something. At least the bosses are the usual Falcom afair of challenge and rad music.

Unlike Ys, I can see an easy way to cheese combat. Not only is there a dodge button, but everyone has an air dash attack that gives you invincibility frames for the whole duration. Kinda like that broken dash attack from Terranigma, except you can't quite spam it 24/7.

What the game keeps triggering me however is the weird fluff bits it unveils as it becomes clearer this is much more of an alternate history thing than the Persona games it rips off so much:
  • There's like only one type of cellphone used worldwide, using some kind of special snowflake internet that appears to be partially magic and is probably in no way tied to the evil pocket dimensions of evil that are the dungeons.
  • The game just casually mentions that the JSDF has fucking giant robots. The only reason for their existence I can see is so that there will be at least one scene towards the end of the game where the monsters start breaking out of their dungeons to attack folks IRL.
  • Why in the everloving fuck does this version of 2015 Glorious NIppon have a super market with a military surplus shop that sells assault rifles? Is this actually a GTA spinoff or something?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:16 pm

No idea why I haven't thought about that before but it turns out that you can transfer saved games from MonHun Gen on the 3DS to GenU on the Switch.
I guess I'll have to get my 3DS out of storage. I don't normally mind starting a MonHun over but the DLC starter packs of items are fairly unhelpful this time around. They give you more zenny than you'd know what to do with but only 10 honey and such. I really don't feel like doing nothing but gathering when I've got a save file I can just transfer.

Edit: It worked. I've got all my stuff and cats back. Apparently I've never made it to High Rank, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Final Fantasy Explorers aka Square Enix's Monster Hunter clone. Cute, nothing to write home about but it's a nice treat for FF fans, especially those who liked Crystal Chronicles.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:17 am
FALCOM TALK
Nice to see that decided to play more Falcom gamesHell spat me back to Earth to talk about this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to see you're at least enjoying what is basically nu-Falcom's poster child, which in many cases would be catastrophic but here it's just slightly missed potential due to the way the combat slowed down with some added RPG staples like critical weakness via elemental cycles ala Naruto or MtG and the slomo that happens when they land but its biggest failing in my eyes is the stiffness of the weapons changing their properties enough when you swap their elements since it could make for some great variety to lack of combat moves and the abusable skills. And they remind you of Terranigma because of the philosphy of combat gameplay in Falcom from day 1, those Quartet dudes that made Terranigma, Gaia Illusion and that other game for Square were all former Falcom members. I'd say that a bump in difficulty is probably needed, especially if you played previous Ys games on Hard, Nightmare or Infermo difficulties, since Weaboo Xanadu is a bit more casual for a Falcom title due to it aiming to be midway point between their Ys and Trails series, for the fans of Trails to check out their more hardcore titles, like Ys, Brandish etc. The bosses will get a bit more spongy but the enemies are better on higher difficulties.

I guess you're playing the PC version, in which case, I can only commend you for suffering through NISA's localization. Only the bravest of souls can laugh at the abyss or as the MC says "Thank Cthulhu". :lol:

Other than that, now that a version of the switch without joycons has been announced, I'm thinking of actually getting it. Having a portable Darksiders 1, Bayonetta 1 and 2(mostly 2), Astral Chain and Mario Odyssey on the go is appealing. Blaster Master Zero also seems quite cool and Ninja Warriors remake is looking good for the time being. Wanting to buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 though might be my secret shame, even if it is being developed by Team Ninja.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:29 pm

Has Team Ninja made anything good after Tomonobu Itagaki is gone?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Hyrule Warriors with Koei, Nioh and DOA5 despite the DLCshit situation.
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:02 am

Seems like they retained some talent. Now if only they hadn't fucked up Ninja Gaiden 3.

Oh and turns out that I'm an idiot (big surprise, I know) and you have to get the DLC items from your house maintenance cat after downloading them. So no grinding for honey and such.
Well, too late now, since the data transfer deletes all save files that were previously on the system. I'm still glad to not have to start over again. Even though I wasn't far in, which really surprises me, I now remember what I've spent time with. I've got lots of upgraded weapons and seven palicos close to being fully trained.
Just for the cats it's worth it alone. I totally forgot that I named my two main palicos "Phobos" and "Deimos". :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:46 am

You haven't lived until you've stunlocked a monster to death with the hunting horn flail dance.

I don't even bother buffing with the hunting horn. I just spam attacks. It's about as strong as the Hammer, but faster. Any monster that's weak to stun gets bodied.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:56 am

That's cool and all but I just got some massive corn cob from an old wyverian dude and made a Funlance out of it. Wide type, so I go striker style, so three hunting arts that recharge fast and since Ultimate introduces new mechanics to gain bar faster I'm having a lot of fun to whack niggas in the face with the corn popper. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:02 am
Seems like they retained some talent. Now if only they hadn't fucked up Ninja Gaiden 3.

Just for the cats it's worth it alone. I totally forgot that I named my two main palicos "Phobos" and "Deimos". :lol:
Yeah, without Oatmeal Samurai telling people to fuck off the planet and rope themselves when somebody tries to mess with them and their games, hence why you got Other M not being a Ninja Gaiden-esque game with Samus using shootan techniques on amputated foes to finish them off, why Fire Emblem Warriors sucks ass and why Dissidia NT is a 3v3 mess. What's worse is that then the DOA6 thing happens that is entirely on them and you pretty much destroyed your credibility.

Did you name your character Ares mayhaps? :mrgreen: What's your prefered MonHun style gents? Oldschool from 1 up to Tri, the new school with 4 up to Generations or World?
He warned youShow