What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 pm

Bannerpage is the mod I've most recently played. It's basically enhanced vanilla and pretty cool.
So far Butterlord seems pretty cool. If you liked M&B1 you'll like it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:53 pm

I'm giving bannerlord a "download" now. I liked m&b 1 but didn't fall in love with it, so im hoping ill like this one more.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 pm

From what I can see so far it is very much like M&B 1 but improved. There are a few minor graphical glitches but nothing that breaks the game. At least I didn't experience any. I also haven't had it crash yet.
From the skills it looks like trading is improved. You can smith your own weapons. Much of the basic gameplay is very much like Warband.

What's a lot different is the skill and stat system. You have your base stats, like Vigor, Social, Intelligence and such. You get one point to spend every three levels.
Every stat has three associated skills. Vigor for example has One Handed, Two Handed and Polearms. Those skills improve from use only! The higher the associated stat is, the easier the skill becomes to raise by use. So the higher your Vigor, the higher the multiplier for raising your skill with those weapons from use.

There's also a skill limit so at some point you won't level a skill anymore from use. That limit is raised by putting a point into the associated stat, so for melee weapons that would be Vigor, or putting a Focus Point into the Skill. You get a Focus Point every single level up. Putting more focus points into a Skill also raises the multiplier for levelling it by use.

Lastly, at certain levels in a skill you get to pick a perk. Stuff like more damage using weapons of that skill type, higher selling prices from trading, faster healing of troops and such. Sometimes there's only one, sometimes you have to decide between two.

So in short: Your stats govern how fast you learn all of the attached skills and how far you can level them, focus points do the same but only for the skill you put the point into, the actual levelling can only be done by use and through levels you get perks that actually improve your performance.
So a character that never actually uses a skill won't ever improve it no matter how many points you put into the stat or the skill. But one that does can greatly accelerate the levels gained and has a higher level cap.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:58 pm

Warband was like cocaine for me (391hrs in total, THE longest playtime in my steam game list. second is 77hrs for hotline miami 2), I won't touch that Boner, it's too dangerous.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:05 am

I have way more than 391 hours in warband. I'll be avoiding bonerlord until it goes on sale for a similar reason to otter.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:16 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:05 am
until it goes on sale.
Surely you jest? Get a VPN and pirate that shit.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:51 am

>reddit cat thinks you need a VPN for torrents

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am

Only because I got honey potted once and my isp sent me a letter. Last thing I need is to lose it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:20 am

Besides Bonerlord, I'm still regularly playing Trials Rising. I'm in the top 2% of players currently. I'd still not call me great because Ninja difficulty tracks are often a bit too much for me but I'm steadily getting better.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:18 am

Got emulation working on my laptop - thinking about jumping into Legend of Dragoon finally.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.