What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Bobito

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Bobito » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Most of those series use energy most than physical ammo with the exception of melee, I think IBO is the exception but I haven't watched that one, the games try to keep the source material and also some balance in game but it always until certain point, in the old sd games if you used an advanced gundam you can clear a good chunk of the map aganist physical ammo units.

The wing zero map attack consumes a ton of en, normally its best to keep it close to the ship, the unit I used most for map attacks was the double x, also you can use it in some srt games as well. With trans-am in 00 units you can clean grunts quite easily depending of terrain.

I always played the japs games so I always skipped dialogue, for the most part it's just stuff from the main plot of the series you're playing, but with the obscure side stories you usually need to check online.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Haven't gotten many IBO units so far, but they're kinda like Reverse Seed Gundams in that they are heavily resistent to Beam attacks, so much so that none of them even carry any.

The lulziest map attack so far has been from the Turn A. Eats like 150 energy (at it starts with like 180ish), but covers basically the entire visible portion of the map.
Also as far as I can tell, all map attacks have friendly fire turned off, unlike some map attacks in SRW.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 pm

You can't expect less from the gundam that destroys civilizations, from what I recall from the other games there were always friendly fire in those map attacks.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:34 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 pm
Anybody here know a good twin stick shooter that isn't old as dirt? Everything I found looked like total garbage.
Zombie Shooter is actually pretty good. The first one. It looks like garbage graphically but has a super tight gameplay loop and ramps up nicely. The pace reminds me of old-school FPS like DOOM and Quake.

Zombie Shooter 2 is dogshit though. They forgot what made the first game fun and filled the second one with shitty vehicle sections and more resource management that wasn't needed.

I've heard good things about other twin stick shooters here and there but none I could really recommend. Nuclear Throne is amazingly fun, but I cannot recommend them as the devs, Vlambeer, are morally corrupt assholes. They ported the game to every console imaginable, yet most of the ports are either unplayable or based on incomplete/earlier iterations of the game that were NEVER updated. Or both. Vlambeer have given no support to their fanbase and even some PC versions of Nuclear Throne are based on outdated builds depending where you buy the game. IIRC the Steam version is the only version that uses the most current build and has the fewest bugs/glitches.

The co-founder has gloated about the Epic Gaymes Store, too.
Rami is a raging SJW cunt who tried to get some guy fired over a harmless tweet and has engaged in constant deplatforming ever since. The company is two guys so I assume he is the one who does the art for the team while the other guy you never hear about is the talented one who is too socially retarded to network with people actually makes the games.

I just searched him and it's obvious why you never hear of him, just compare the wiki entries here:

https://nuclear-throne.fandom.com/wiki/ ... lem_Nijman

https://nuclear-throne.fandom.com/wiki/Rami_Ismail

Rami's is about marketing and business, Jan's is about designing games. It's so easy to tell who the talent is.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:02 am

Are there marketing people who aren't fags.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:02 am
Are there marketing people who aren't fags.
No.

I took one marketing course in college and it was so revolting it scared me away from marketing forever.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:46 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 am
I took one marketing course in college and it was so revolting it scared me away from marketing forever.
What kind of stuff was involved?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:46 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Marketing is super fucking sleazy. It's all about how to con guys into buying shit they don't want or need by preying on natural human insecurities and fears. And when you have a product that is actually necessary, you make it as inconvenient as possible for your customer base to buy it, so that you can sell even more shit to them that they don't want or need via impulse purchases.

The layout of a modern supermarket is a masterclass in how to set up the latter. They always put the stuff everyone wants in the most inconvenient locations and they jam their impulse purchase bullshit that nobody needs in the way. They make you run a gauntlet of bullshit to reach the eggs, milk or bread. It's why the checkout stands are full of unhealthy snacks and shitty tabloid rags.

But that's just how you arrange stuff. How you make people want to buy your bullshit by preying on their insecurities is more sleazy. And the credo in marketing class seemed to be that ethics was irrelevant. Only sales matter. Sell thousands of your shitty product to old people by deceiving them with late-night predatory shopping channels? Well, that's a marketing success.

I mean, I won't say it's all bad. Some of marketing is just how to connect people with things that they want.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:23 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:46 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Marketing is super fucking sleazy. It's all about how to con guys into buying shit they don't want or need by preying on natural human insecurities and fears. And when you have a product that is actually necessary, you make it as inconvenient as possible for your customer base to buy it, so that you can sell even more shit to them that they don't want or need via impulse purchases.

The layout of a modern supermarket is a masterclass in how to set up the latter. They always put the stuff everyone wants in the most inconvenient locations and they jam their impulse purchase bullshit that nobody needs in the way. They make you run a gauntlet of bullshit to reach the eggs, milk or bread. It's why the checkout stands are full of unhealthy snacks and shitty tabloid rags.

But that's just how you arrange stuff. How you make people want to buy your bullshit by preying on their insecurities is more sleazy. And the credo in marketing class seemed to be that ethics was irrelevant. Only sales matter. Sell thousands of your shitty product to old people by deceiving them with late-night predatory shopping channels? Well, that's a marketing success.

I mean, I won't say it's all bad. Some of marketing is just how to connect people with things that they want.
The Century of Self documentary goes into detail and the history of the evil shit you were taught:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04

Edward Bernays is a name everyone needs to know about. Apparently they even teach his theories in feminist classes in colleges, and I have no doubt they use psychoanalysis to manipulate people into supporting their movement. And those dipshit MRAs think they stand a chance using 19th century persuasion tactics.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:11 am

And video game marketing is like easy mode for these people. Just throw around enough buzzwords like "cinematic", "open world" or "your chocies matter", and the idiots will eat it all up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette