What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Anybody here know a good twin stick shooter that isn't old as dirt? Everything I found looked like total garbage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:34 pm

I'm more of a shmup guy myself.
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Do people still make games in Unity?
That thing attracted more stink than GameMaker or RPGMaker.
I think because it was Cucknadian.
It attracted more autism than RPG Maker because it actually supports fancy 3D graphics, and it's easier to make games that aren't JRPGs or horror/adventure shit (which basically just requires you to not have regular JRPG fights).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:34 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 pm
Anybody here know a good twin stick shooter that isn't old as dirt? Everything I found looked like total garbage.
Zombie Shooter is actually pretty good. The first one. It looks like garbage graphically but has a super tight gameplay loop and ramps up nicely. The pace reminds me of old-school FPS like DOOM and Quake.

Zombie Shooter 2 is dogshit though. They forgot what made the first game fun and filled the second one with shitty vehicle sections and more resource management that wasn't needed.

I've heard good things about other twin stick shooters here and there but none I could really recommend. Nuclear Throne is amazingly fun, but I cannot recommend them as the devs, Vlambeer, are morally corrupt assholes. They ported the game to every console imaginable, yet most of the ports are either unplayable or based on incomplete/earlier iterations of the game that were NEVER updated. Or both. Vlambeer have given no support to their fanbase and even some PC versions of Nuclear Throne are based on outdated builds depending where you buy the game. IIRC the Steam version is the only version that uses the most current build and has the fewest bugs/glitches.

The co-founder has gloated about the Epic Gaymes Store, too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Hong Kong 97

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 am
Hong Kong 97
Great now you're going to fucking summon Larry again.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:58 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Hong Kong 97
That's a vertical shooter.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
I used to play some games with those elements, I never really cared about the arena ones, but instead those that just give you normal levels to play in. Alien Swarm, Nation Red (super cheap trash, but we had fun with it), Helldivers and Lara Croft and Guardian of Light come to mind. Renegade Ops is also fun, but none of these games last you very long, at least I can't imagine playing them over and over, but then again, it's not really my thing.

The only thing with arenas that I've played for a longer time period was Binding of Isaac, but again, not exactly a typical twin stick shooter - but probably the best example how to make rogue-like right.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:36 am

Best Twin Stick i've played is Super Stardust HD, which isn't really saying much.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:42 am

So more 2 cents of Chibi Gundam.

Probably the weirdest bits for a SRWtard like myself is the more abstract resource management (there are no weapons with ammo, or even shitty melee weapons that are free to use. Everything uses energy) and the squad structure that is mainly used to determine who can provide offensive and defense support to anothe runit. The latter is especially confusing since I'm pretty sure the in-game tutorial never explain this.

The lulziest unit so far as been the Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz version). Eats through energy almost as far as Boogie eats through a family-sized picture, but seeing it one-shot large Warships never gets old.
Probably the best series units in general have been the 00 Gundams. Decent mix of physical and beam weapons, good terrain compatibility (the only thing they can't do is swim like a boat, but they're better off diving underwater anyways since that cuts incoming beam damage in half, no to mention the improved evasion bonus), and they all have built-in energy regeneration. Their main downside is that their defensive gimmick is a bit more hit-and-miss (the completely ignore damage below a certain threshold, though this costs energy for lower tier units) than others, but it's pretty lulzy when it progs.

I'm a bit torn when it comes to the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice and whether or not to use their Meteor versions or not. Maneuvering such huge units around is a bitch, and their size means they can only be efficiently used as Master units (the only slot in a Warship group where you can put large units without having them eat up multiple slots). I'll probably end up keeping both versions or something.

I've also unlocked Char Clone Wing and Char Clone Seed, but I'm currently saving up money to buy the Not-White-Base.

Oh, and also the story is pretty weird. You're playing through each individual animu or spinoff, with each stage giving you control over the authentic pilots and the unit they had at that point... and then there's your actual guys, who do the bulk of the fighting and whose existence is never acknowledged in any way, shape or form.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette