What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Credo in Deum

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Credo in Deum » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:32 am
19:05 when you become woke
this video is cancer

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Just ignore that part. The personal attack elements only matter if you want to laugh at an old japanese fool for being a typical nipponese and denying genocide as per usual.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:41 pm

They deny the Nanjing massacre because it didn't happen.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:59 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:26 pm
Obsidian over here kicking Bethesda's ass.
Here's hoping we have a more refined and better fallout new vegas soon.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:15 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:59 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:26 pm
Obsidian over here kicking Bethesda's ass.
Here's hoping we have a more refined and better fallout new vegas soon.
Lord I hope so. I adore NV. Failout 4 did one thing right, and that was powered armor, so Obsidian could do it better.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 am

That new Obsidian game looks kinda generic for an Obsidian (or Tim Cain's) game, I have a bad feeling about this. Obsidian rarely makes a mediocre game but it can happen.

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:15 pm
Some things in Diablo 2 could've definitely needed some (smart) streamlining. Stats for example: You have free choice where to put them, but pretty much every single build for every single class boils down to "Raise STR and DEX only to hit gear requirements, dump everything else into VIT" (or however the fuck the stats were called again).
One possible solution (and quite effective) for limited character build variation is, making the world random enough and force the players to do some critical decision making on the fly (a la Shiren the Wanderer or DCSS, where a wrong use of spell/consumables can lead death, and running away is a legit option) but I can see how difficult it is to build such game world without breaking balance.

Credo in Deum wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:32 am
SpoilerShow
19:05 when you become woke
this video is cancer
I stopped watching when she said nes/snes music are midi music. NSF,SPC,MIDI are very different sound formats and midi music's sound quality is entirely dependent on the soundset, not the file itself.
Let's compare nes/midi rendition of CHEETAH MAN theme.
SpoilerShow

Yep, virtually identical, EXCEPT THEY AREN'T god damn it. That video could have been just 10 seconds, like, "I dont like DQ11 soundtrack YMMV" without misinformation or muh politikz.

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm

It does sound worse because trumpet and violin is hard to simulate but it's not terrible. It depends on what tracks play, the standard battle theme is pretty meh in both.
SpoilerShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:36 pm

I was going to link the standard dragon quest 11 battle theme as a great example of fucking terrible composition. All I can hear are the shitty midi trumpets. I don't care if it's actually in midi or not because that's what it sounds like and the soundtrack designer guy is someone who apparently prefers to use low-quality composition techniques such as midi even when it's not required by the hardware. I guess that's what happens when an old japanese conservative brain (and I mean conservative in the classical sense, not as a political party) gets used to doing the same thing over and over for decades.

As for the rape of nanking, ayyy lmao anyone who thinks that didn't happen. Japanese are super racist as fuck and they despise chinese people. If I could pick a country from the first world most likely to commit unspeakable war crimes and then deny them, they'd be my first choice. Notwithstanding there are a bunch of japanese-made antiwar films that were made right after the second world war, in which the film makers, many of whom were members of the japanese army, openly decry the atrocities they personally witnessed. Atrocities which included crimes against Chinese and Koreans. The man who made hara-kiri made a series of japanese antiwar films about the sadistic "patriotism" of WW2-era Japan.
F. Tillman Durdin and Archibald Steele, American news correspondents, reported that they had seen bodies of killed Chinese soldiers forming mounds six feet high at the Nanking Yijiang gate in the north. Durdin, who was working for the New York Times, made a tour of Nanking before his departure from the city. He heard waves of machine-gun fire and witnessed the Japanese soldiers gun down some two hundred Chinese within ten minutes. Two days later, in his report to the New York Times, he stated that the alleys and street were filled with civilian bodies, including women and children.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:50 am

Buncha slack-jawed faggots wringing their tissues over >muh warcrimes in here. Disgusting.
War is war. Killing is the point. There's no crime in getting rid of bugmen. The only crime is that they didn't get to take it further.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 am

Gentlemen, I present to you...

the worst moment of The Game Awards 2018.