What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 am

Finished my playthrough 1 + dlc with Lilith on Borderlands 1 and ending up with more amazing loot then I could count.
Started up Bordelands 2 with Gaige and got an orange assault rifle from my first boss kill o_0, didnt remember ever being this lucky with drops on x360 but Im not complaining, should get me through the boring start much faster.

Once I finish playthrough 1 + dlc I'll decide which Borderlands I will start playthrough 2 etc on. I like Borderlands 1 loot and weapon proficiencies more but BL2 has some nice quality of life improvements I might not want to give up.

And got halfway with my Battlefront ii Galactic conquest slowly progression towards a win, lost most battles besides 2 or so. I just quit when I had bought the option to use a hero on the battlefield the first time without knowing you couldnt choose who to use and wasted it on fucking Leia McCrackhead. I wanted some lightsaber action dammitt
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 20, 2018 1:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am
Is that really their argument? Why not drop the pretense and offer only a single moveset? So balanced. Much competition.
That's not that far off from what they did. E-sports was a mistake.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 pm

^Tell that to Square Enix with their new neutered Dissidia game where everyone has one moveset and one swappable HP attack and samey stats for >Muh E-Splurts. Brawlhalla is just top cancer and not even aiming for fun, just E-sports autism.

Nips constantly try and copy Smash, some of their funnest games are Smash clones :

And that's a small number of those I played. Jump Ultimate Stars and Battle Stadium D.O.N. being my faves out of them. No balance just fun and up-to-date(for their time of release) movesets for the characters and action. And those are official btw, a lot of early nip games sold on festivals were smash clones of Gundam, Touhou and whatever else was in for the otaku back then.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 9:08 pm

I always wanted to play Battle Stadium D.O.N. and the Jump Stars games when I was younger, with a taste for shonenshit and the same Japanese skills I have today (none.) At least I could pirate them now, I guess.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 am

Been getting my ass fucking stomped in central production b in The Surge. Pretty cool game but god DAMN is the difficulty spike nuts from level 1 to level 2.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 21, 2018 12:28 am

Practise. I used to feel that the jump from lvl7 to 8 in Sm4sh is great and a week later I'd downair Ganonstomped the lvl8 AI all day every day exclusively.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 21, 2018 12:56 am

Yeah, I also need to go back to the beginning area of the surge so I can explore to find more shit. I'm missing a head piece for my armor set and the enemies here aren't wearing the right armor.

But mostly yeah, I just need to stop sucking. I've probably died at least 30-40 times just in central production b, but I'm not salty because it's been my fault every time. The lack of homeward bones is fucking me up, since I'm used to boning home whenever I collect a lot of souls. The Surge doesn't give you that luxury feature. You either walk all the way back or you forge forwards (or find a shortcut, which leads to my next point). And the game encourages you to keep moving forward. Whenever you collect enough souls to level up, they give you 2-3 more charges for your estus. Almost like taunting you, "cmon you pussy, we just gave you more health! You can make it just that little bit further! You're not afraid, are you? I bet you'll uncover a shortcut if you keep going!"

Cut to "No Vital Signs" and you curse your own hubris lmao.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 am

ban wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 pm
Jump Ultimate Stars
That shit was some of the best space I ever used on my R4. Good game. Was just goofy fun.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 am

Finished up the third major boss of The Surge. Fucking sick fight. I thought it was bullshit right until I figured it out. I was doing the dsp when I died "WTF dood I was blawking, I was dahdging, how did that hit me this is booolshit!" Then I realized I could just stand in x spot and be safe from y attack. Pretty simple. Still a hectic and very fun fight. You fight an entire assembly line and you can't really take your eyes off any individual element without getting slammed. The first phase alone has 2 alternating claw arms combined with an intermittent sweeping laser.

Now I'm in the research area getting slammed by sick spoiler enemies I won't spoil because of how cool they are. If you like that whole system shock and soma aesthetic, The Surge has some pretty effective horror elements.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Finished Disgaea 1. WIll probably go through Etna Mode unless I get bored and move on directly to the properly-evolved sequel.

The way they handled monster classes in D1 is just stupid. Unlocking the various classes by beating them up in battle makes sense enough, but having to do that for each tier is a bit weird. There are probably tiers you'll never come across outside of deeper levels of the Item World, aka random chance.
And then you have that thing where each tier has a kill count, and that tier will be ludicrously expensive to create or reincarnate into unless you've killed enough of them (which in case of the more elusive tiers might very well be "never").

I get that you can "persuade" monsters to join you by throwing them into your base panel and having your entire roster beat on it, but I prefer having as few Master-less characters around to milk those Master/Pupil stat bonuses, where monsters with their specialized stat distributions can be pretty nifty to say make casters beefier and shit.

Making monsters even more annoying is that some are more spellcaster-y, and you don't actually get spellcaster monster weapons in D1. Worst of all is that you can't actually tell which stat a specific skill uses. This is like the third or fourth re-release/port/remake of D1, why couldn't they update the interface with information you find in every NI game released after the original D1?

Though I'm probably complaining too much seeing how I went through the main game having only made a catgirl (which are basically more combo-friendly Fist users) and her pupils (a succubus for SP and RES, and a Winged bloked for other stats).

Also decided to get my turn-based CRPG juices flowing again with some roguelike action. Cataclysm more specifically. My first two characters (a martial artist and a maid martial artist) didn't last long, so I decided to avoid fights as much as possible for once and actually start in a shelter instead of a house surrounded by zombies.
My third character is an Otaku waifu in catgirl cosplay (plus enough jackets 'n' shit to make her look like a deranged hobo). Managed to raid a zombie-less mansion, but all possible bases so far have been too close to a swamp. A more open area to the east was filled with cobwebs and Triffids, which didn't look particularly inviting.
Spent the first night inside of a gasless car. Woke up early in the morning to the sound of a police robot behind the car. Figured it was probably not very friendly after it started to rip out my car's trunk to get at me. Thankfully managed to shake it off in the woods. Now my other options are more woods or a big fenced-off area with lotsa zombies (which could be a former prison or something).

I love heavily-randomized games.

(And if my waifu bites the dust I might actually create a serious character.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette