What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm
I'll play a new CRPG as soon as they make good ones again.
And how many newer than 10 years have you played? Obsidian stuff isn't good? I'm just asking since you've opened that topic, when it comes to most games, there is obviously nothing wrong with playing the old ones, except when that it might be annoying to run them without widescreen support (I would love to have Symphony of the night on PC with widescreen support) and with abysmal controls, but that depends on game and genre.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Well, Obsidian's stuff isn't even the same genre. What newer game would I play when I want to play a turn-based dungeon crawler? I'm not aware of a single one.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 pm
My party consists of a Knight, a Paladin, a Thief, an Archer, a Sorcerer and of course a Cleric. All real neat and diverse with races, sexes and alignments to make sure that if I stumble upon restricted stuff at least one character can deal with it.
Stunning and brave.

Also reminds me that I'm still in the planning phase for my potential Wizardry 6+8 (maybe also +8) run. There's a lot of shit I didn''t get back in the olden days. I'll probably have most of the party start as mages and clerics for the spellcasting skill and then class change ASAP into something that can actually take a hit.
See, in M&M2 weapons can have class and alignment restrictions so it's best to have all kinds of classes. There are also quests that you may need female or male characters for. In M&M1 you needed at least two female characters for a quest and mixed alignment parties or evil alignment were a detriment.
Alignment can be changed later on, though.
The reason for my class choices is fairly simple:
Knight can use all armour and weapons. Strongest fighting class.
Paladin is not quite as good in fighting but learns clerical spells later on.
Thief to open locked stuff and disable traps. Very important as all loot from monsters comes in locked chests.
Cleric as a healer. It's best to have one with a low speed stat so he's always the last to act to heal people up.
Sorcerer for lots of utility spells and later powerful nukes.
Archer for a strong ranged character to pick off troublesome mobs even before they come in hand-to-hand combat. Learns sorcery later on for even more utility.
I don't have a ninja or barbarian. If I need those, I can just hire them.

Wizardry requires some mad planning if you want to min-max even a little bit. Since you'll likely want to keep those characters for multiple games it's a good idea to spend some time in character creation. But rolling in Wiz6 is a pain in the ass.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:49 pm

That's different, you've mentioned that you want to play a CRPG, that's a bit broad. Since you've specified it, there will only be some indie retro stuff, because the mainstream outlook is that those kind of games are outdated.

The only thing that comes to mind is Legend of Grimrock, but I don't think it's turn based and doesn't have a party.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:02 pm

It does have a party but it's real time. Point is, I don't need to play new games.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:14 pm

>playing nu-games
Get that shipment of Soylent in the mail yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:22 pm

He should play more Neptunia.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Wizardry requires some mad planning if you want to min-max even a little bit. Since you'll likely want to keep those characters for multiple games it's a good idea to spend some time in character creation. But rolling in Wiz6 is a pain in the ass.
If that drives me too far up the wall I'll probably indulge in some save editing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm going to play more shitty fate extella until I unlock characters I actually like. Why the fuck they make you use all these waifutrash characters for most of the story mode is beyond me. Seriously fuck the way the character progression goes in this game.

The dialogue is fucking painful too. I just skip it any time a main character monologue comes up.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Just be glad that you're not part of the developer's weeb target audience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:14 pm

I have so many games I want to play.

Witcher 3
Some of the newest Tale of's
Some other stuff
Other thngs I don't remember
Mario Odyssey
Playing Borderlands 2 witn friends (we're at lvl 15 or something)
Probably more
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 am

Auli wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Playing Borderlands 2 witn friends (we're at lvl 15 or something)
Let me know if you ever want advice on this game. I played way too much of it. Not quite as much as kugel with warframe, but a lot.

Unrelated: Speaking of fate extella, I noticed they announced a sequel and they doubled down on weebtrash characters. Instead of Lancelot, Gilles de Rais, Kojiro Sasaki or Heracles, we get a bunch of shitty moeblobs taken primarily from fate/extra and the new fate/apocalypse garbage. We don't even get fucking Mordred aka the only good character from fate/apocalypse.

Don't get me started on how fate/apocalypse was mishandled from the very start. They kill Mordred off right away even though she and her master are the only interesting characters in the fucking series. They also make every historical figure a female or a lolita just bcuz. Fucking weeb trash. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome