What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Oh, they probably try. Some losers making deep wikias for some obscure game jus tso they can be the keepers of the lore.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Very proud to know absolutely nothing about Dark Souls lore.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:34 pm
You haven't missed anything. As much as people sperg about it, there's actually very little to it and that's intentional. It's supposed to feel like an undead world that has been like that for hundreds or thousands of years and as such you mostly just get snippets of legends and hearsay.
But autists can't leave well enough alone. They just fill the gaps with fanfic shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:14 pm

I just know about that kawaii desu dragongirl in the painting world of cut DS1 content.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:23 pm

The one true love of all weebs, a giant kawai girl with fluffy tails and wings and breasts being anough to smother you. The japanese who brought the game were probably found a moment of solace before continuing with MonMusu Quest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:34 pm
You haven't missed anything. As much as people sperg about it, there's actually very little to it and that's intentional. It's supposed to feel like an undead world that has been like that for hundreds or thousands of years and as such you mostly just get snippets of legends and hearsay.
But autists can't leave well enough alone. They just fill the gaps with fanfic shit.
This. It doesn't help that Bandai Namco saw this and run with it as a campaign for all Souls games, to the point of getting some jewtubers to write "strategy guides" that were mostly about the lore. None of that was ever present with the japanese ad campaigns nor were the nips really into it. The autismos tried to spread this lore shit very vocally into Nioh as well when it came out as a way to claim it as a more Souls-like experience...because how dare an action game has both item descriptions and a stamina bar. And adhere's to their specific brand UIs. :roll:

The funny thing is, before DS Lore, the only thing close to it were the turbo autists of Pokemon with Pokemon Theories, way before even Gay Theory. Even years later, some people poked fun at some of those ludicrous shit like "The Pokemon War that wiped out all adults except the lawbreakers" and weird shit. I wouldn't be surprised if all these guys also migrated to Sauls before giving lectures about ludonarrative dissonance and other gay terms they coined.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 am

Yeah, the DS lore is mostly boring apocalypse shit or "this dude used to be a knight but then he fell to evil n sheeeit."

Pretty worthless.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am

It's fine because nobody should care all that much. If you find some sword and the lore text is something like "said to have been the sword of a hero who's since gone hollow when he ran out of coffee" you're supposed to go "heh" and move on, not write some autistic fanfic about who that hero that never existed was and if maybe the piss pot in the library in Anor Lando was his.
It's just some short text a dude in the office made up in ten seconds to give the item a little bit of flavour.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 pm

The hunt continues. I'm at 2 Star Guild Hub missions now. No challenge at all and I'm considering dressing down to a Low Rank set. Trouble is, I never really bothered too much making a somewhat decent one.
I get lots of special missions to do as well and am working those off.
Additionally, I can do deviant monster hunts. So far only Snowstorm Lagombi and Redhelm Arzuros and I've hunted them both once to see what's different. They have some different moves, seem to be larger on average (both were considerably larger than my largest non-deviant monster of the type) and are much tougher and hit harder as well. They are about as tough as High Rank monsters so I'm guessing the deviant forms of actually difficult monsters will be around G-Rank strength.

I'm still rocking the Gunlance and will likely keep doing so for quite a while. It's fun figuring out which moves I can negate with the Valour stance (stuff like body checks can't be "absorbed" and dodged at all, really strong hits can but will still hurt considerably) because it's not a universal "get out of jail"-card.
I also have to exploit the moveset better in general. Especially the Valour stance attacks. It's better to do the lance attack one that comes with a reload than the quick reload when on the offence. I also need to abuse the auto block on the quick reload better and more often than I already do.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am
It's fine because nobody should care all that much. If you find some sword and the lore text is something like "said to have been the sword of a hero who's since gone hollow when he ran out of coffee" you're supposed to go "heh" and move on, not write some autistic fanfic about who that hero that never existed was and if maybe the piss pot in the library in Anor Lando was his.
It's just some short text a dude in the office made up in ten seconds to give the item a little bit of flavour.
Yeah, and it's even more obvious with dark souls 2 and 3 that they pulled those item descriptions out of their asses. The ones that weren't just references to shit the player already knows from previous games, I mean. "Some old dude from DS1 used this sword," which is just bait for fans to tard about "OMG PRAISE THE SUN!!!" or some other forced meme. Dark Souls 3 in particular had a problem with stealing shit blatantly from Bloodborne and trying to wedge it into its meme-ass world lore. Dark Souls never had Hunters, so they had to make up a story about ArtoriASS splitting his soul on a black cock and the shards flying into 3 different niggas. Or whatever the excuse was for Sif's soul creating bloodborne hunters.

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/ ... rne#Wolves

See also: retarded shit.
SpoilerShow
Abyss Watchers greatly resemble Hunters. They also hunt down Lycanthropes DS3 Lycanthrope, and live in a swamp overrun by eyes Farron Swamp Eyeballs, A Farron Swamp Eyeballs, B.

They were trained by the Crystal Sage twins A Crystal Sage, plague beaked scholars Plague Beaked Scholar - Bloodborne whose magic emphasizes Bloodborne like speed.

The forest is filled with chimerical Ghru beast-men Ghru, and crucified victims that much remind of Bloodborne Beast Victim - Trident Crucifix Church Servant Crucifix The Moon Presence's Crucifixes Crucified Beast - Central Yharnam.

The Farron Coal emphasizes Bloodborne attributes like Strength, Dexterity, and Poison, and Watchers swear by their parry wedge.

Their Road of Sacrifices, a name that may refer to The Hanged Man, "The Hunter", is full of crucifixes that portray the Moon Moon Crucifixes - Road Of Sacrifices.

All Abyss Watchers are imbued with The Blood Of The Wolf, which gives them their strength, and ultimately came from Artorias.

The development of "blunt horned Ghru" likely began in Bloodborne Bloodborne - Proto Ghru, explaining why Elders resemble Cleric Beasts Cleric Beast Elder Ghru Concept Art.

Abyss Watchers fight against The Abyss and its abominations, which may be interpreted as a fight against primordial Humanity.

Not animal, but "man" is wolf to man: "homo homini lupus Demon Wolf Possession Human Darkness Possession - Berserk". That is consistent with traits from both Berserk and Souls.

The Father of The Abyss Manus, Father Of The Abyss may have been the first "Beast", passing on his "rupturing" to varied ensuing enemies Ruptured Darkwraith - DS3 Ruptured Bloodletting Beast - Bloodborne Ruptured Silverbeast - Bloodborne.

Beasts could actually be Humanity Yahar'gul Scourge Beast, the form of which shows the crocodile/Venom like jaws of The Demon Wolf The Demon Wolf DS3 - Sulyvahn's Beast Watchdog Of The Old Lords.

This also explains the more devilish Beasts of Bloodborne Keeper Hunting Dog Loran Cleric, as Beasts are simply representations of humanity's inner evil.

Based on Berserk, the path of Fire is ultimately about changing that darkness into something: "alive Gravetender Wolf Great Grey Wolf Sif" and protective Berserk - Protector.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Guess 3D realms are not complete hack frauds.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]