What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Over 1200 hours by now. Yes, I still play. I could give you a thing or two.
Mastery, especially in the beginning, comes pretty fast. You gain mastery XP from clearing nodes on planets and from leveling stuff to max level for the first time. So that's why you should level every weapon you get your hands on to 30. That's easier said than done with a weapon you think just fucking sucks. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 pm

I love all the stupid bullshit extras disgaea games have. The one advantage of NIS being such a DLC whore company is they usually release a complete version eventually that has 3+ games worth of quality content in it. And they put the most effort into the weirdest areas, like having 5-10 secret bosses after the main game is over.

I mean, unless you pass a lot of billz to level up enemies, you'll usually finish around level 120ish. But the levels go up to 9999 and you better believe there are secret bosses up in that range.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Not to mention that you can then reincarnate your guy to go back to level 1 with suped-up base stats (which in turn determine how much your stats grow at each level-up).

And at least in the early games, you can make pupils for your character which not only let him learn whatever spells they might have, but also give him further stat bonuses (with each stat getting the highest bonus from any of the pupils). So go ahead and make a Samurai (ATK), Golem (HP & DEF) and Priest (SP, RES & learnable healing spells) and level those to 9999.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:13 pm

The pupil system is much better than what came after.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Auli

Post by Auli » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:45 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:50 pm
Over 1200 hours by now. Yes, I still play. I could give you a thing or two.
Mastery, especially in the beginning, comes pretty fast. You gain mastery XP from clearing nodes on planets and from leveling stuff to max level for the first time. So that's why you should level every weapon you get your hands on to 30. That's easier said than done with a weapon you think just fucking sucks. :lol:
I'm running around with a shotgun, preparing for the Hek. Also Lex pistol.

And that was pretty fun xD

My nick is "Auli".

Edit: Holy fucking Hek, Kugelman! I love it! :p
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 am

Play tested The Punisher 2004 game on the Xbox 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C57aELh ... jreload=10

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Beat Disgaea 4. Story was breddy awful and I didn't like the characters, BUT beating post-game opened up like 15 cameo characters from better games, with HD sprites, no less. And the post-game has a lot of content in it, so I have a feeling I'm going to actually end up playing D4 a lot in the postgame.

Just as a sampler, I got Overlord Priere, Gig, Unlosing Ranger, Adell, Mao and that white-haired bitch from Makai Kingdom.

And I know there's loads more I haven't earned. Plus a shitload of DLC maps I have to unlock.

That said, D4 still has a massive problem and that's item world slowdown. The item world is the LAST place that should have slowdown. The slowdown gets really fucking bad too. It might end up making the postgame unplayable, who knows.

TBH I haven't really found a disgaea game that beats D2. D3 is pretty fun but it has an unfortunate glitch on pstv and I'm not about to buy the inferior ps3 version with no DLC just so it works properly. :lol: I don't care THAT much. The lack of HD sprites is also kind of noticeable when you go from an HD game back to the pixel ones.

I'll probably play D5 eventually, but it seems like such a shit game until you hit the postgame. Not a fan of those characters at all. D1 and D2 had the least offensive cast.

Related question: do Soul Nomad and Makai Kingdom suck dick now, or are they still fun?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 am

I'll take a one week vacation this week so I'll have plenty of time to play Warframe and watch EVO on the side and likely help Auli out a bit.
Helping noobs really is one of my favourite things to do in the game. Warframe is obtuse as hell. That's something I find amusingly fitting since that goes for everything with that game. It already looks like nothing else, is unique in so many instances in game design and because it's so obtuse it feels completely alien for any newcomer. :lol:

Also, so much shit to forma it's not even funny. I've dug out my Frost Prime and noticed I didn't put a single forma into it. So many of my builds are outdated from times I didn't have certain mods. So much Cetus shit to do as well.
Wanna know the funniest thing? I'm close to 1300 hours in and I haven't even completed the star chart. I just always had something better to do. I'll rectify that over the next one or two days. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:15 pm
Related question: do Soul Nomad and Makai Kingdom suck dick now, or are they still fun?
If you're a NI afficionado, I'm not sure you can ever not have fun with Makai Kingdom's random maps, vehicles and it's clusterfuck collection of weapons. Would prefer grid-based movement, though.

Soul Nomad doesn't really have the same postgame depth as other NI titles, and you don't have a lot of character customization options sine this is more of a Strategy RPG instead of a Tactical RPG, but it's a fun disgaeafied version of Ogre Battle.
The one thing that pisses me off more than anything else though is how you can spend money to level up any new character you create (up to your main char's current level), but doing so will give them like 20% or so "dead" levels that don't give them stat-ups or anything.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

It's the meme game of the moment but I'm enjoying Dead Cells right now.