What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:06 am

I've lost my love for gaming but definitely want to knock a few gems off the list before I hang up the ol hat.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 am

Regarding RE4 it's fine, but I blame it for the decline of the series, as much as I enjoy it.
I disagree. I think RE5 was the decline. From RE1 to RE4, you had an unbroken chain of main line RE games that were all at least "good." All of them innovated in some way, except for CVX (which is very debatable if that's a main line RE game, since it was intended to be RE3, but it's far inferior to the actual RE3.) But even CVX had the main character switching mechanic (within the same campaign).

Then RE5 came out. It was just RE4, but worse in every way. Attache case replaced with 9 inventory slots. Typewriters replaced with shitty vidya gaem checkpoints and progress screens. Merchant replaced with inexplicable between-level shops that were never explained. Pesetas replaced with points for no raisin.

The gameplay is just RE4, except with more bullet sponge enemies and far inferior boss designs. There's nothing badly "wrong" with the game, but also nothing of the atmosphere and tight design that made RE4 such a hit. RE4 was so well-crafted that it's easy to look back now, see a single screenshot of the game and immediately know where in the game you are.

I could go on and on. RE4 is too good to have been a fluke. It was carefully designed by people who stopped working at capcom shortly after RE4 blew up.

Speaking of amazing games, btw, I started playing Dishonored again recently and it's still fantastic. There are so many shitty story-focused games out there that sacrifice gameplay for story. Dishonored proves the old meme of "why not both." The characters in Dishonored feel way more real than the shitty maymay lesbian from The Last of Cucks. The game provides a moral choice system in a nuanced way that allows for you to be just a little evil without becoming Hitler, and it's pretty obvious that almost nobody in this story is a """good person.""" If you go High Chaos, Corvo is about the most evil motherfucker in Dunwall and I really like what happens in the last level if you do that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:55 am
Never played any of them. I likely will at some point. I dunno, man. I mean it's weebshit so it's probably safe to say it's super gay shit for now.
Xenosaga was not gay and KOS-MOS makes my peanus very hard,

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 pm

And even KOS-MOS is just the appertizer for the literal army of true-and-honest lolicon moebots that Xenosaga's rich and fully-realized universe has to offer.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:52 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 am

Regarding RE4 it's fine, but I blame it for the decline of the series, as much as I enjoy it.
I disagree. I think RE5 was the decline. From RE1 to RE4, you had an unbroken chain of main line RE games that were all at least "good." All of them innovated in some way, except for CVX (which is very debatable if that's a main line RE game, since it was intended to be RE3, but it's far inferior to the actual RE3.) But even CVX had the main character switching mechanic (within the same campaign).

Then RE5 came out. It was just RE4, but worse in every way. Attache case replaced with 9 inventory slots. Typewriters replaced with shitty vidya gaem checkpoints and progress screens. Merchant replaced with inexplicable between-level shops that were never explained. Pesetas replaced with points for no raisin.

The gameplay is just RE4, except with more bullet sponge enemies and far inferior boss designs. There's nothing badly "wrong" with the game, but also nothing of the atmosphere and tight design that made RE4 such a hit. RE4 was so well-crafted that it's easy to look back now, see a single screenshot of the game and immediately know where in the game you are.

I could go on and on. RE4 is too good to have been a fluke. It was carefully designed by people who stopped working at capcom shortly after RE4 blew up.

Speaking of amazing games, btw, I started playing Dishonored again recently and it's still fantastic. There are so many shitty story-focused games out there that sacrifice gameplay for story. Dishonored proves the old meme of "why not both." The characters in Dishonored feel way more real than the shitty maymay lesbian from The Last of Cucks. The game provides a moral choice system in a nuanced way that allows for you to be just a little evil without becoming Hitler, and it's pretty obvious that almost nobody in this story is a """good person.""" If you go High Chaos, Corvo is about the most evil motherfucker in Dunwall and I really like what happens in the last level if you do that.
Oh no dude I love 4 and agree with what you’re saying, what I meant is that it was inadvertently the beginning of the end due to 5. 5 was definitely the decline for me, not just in gameplay but story, and I definitely felt like the influence of the shitty movies were bleeding in at that point. I’ll give the laser corridor in 4 a pass though.

Dishonored is fantastic indeed. It’s the one stealth game I recommend to people who struggle with stealth due to the flexibility it offers. And as you said there is no black and white, just one big ocean of gray in terms of morality. Hell sparing fools to a fate worse than death is wonderfully crafted, and they really do plunge you into that unique world.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:10 am

For the Boyle party, if you choose to spare Lady Boyle, you instead give her to a creepy Movieblob stalker who will keep her in his private sex dungeon for the rest of her life.

The nonlethal takedowns in Dishonored are arguably worse than the lethal ones. My favorite play style is to not kill anyone except my targets. Keep it quick, clean and efficient. No point sparing them because only a fool leaves an enemy alive when he has the chance to end them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:26 pm

I think I'm at a pretty passable state in Division 2 now. I've finished the second Invasion Event set of missions and with those keys finished the Outcast clothing set for some swag. My actual gear has some pretty good synergy, going for full armour. I also regenerate armour while in cover, from kills, for five seconds after a kill and I get a damage boost after every kill of 2% for every 10k max armour @ 210k armour.
In cover, my dude can outheal being on fire as a Demolitionist. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 am

>morality in Dishonored

I think main game did a good job making morals and stuff relatively subtle (or less in-you-face) but DLC was a major disappointment. In DLC,
SpoilerShow
Daud gets killed in the end if he's been chaotic but survives if he's been a good boi. This actually doesn't make any sense considering Corvo (basically You) doesn't know what Daud has done in the past and players do whatever they feel like regardless of Daud's past.
I personally prefer how DeusEX (not HR) handled morality or how Blood Money did not touch morality at all, but Dishonored has such a good stealth ninja killa mechanics and you can just forget about DLC :P it doesn't matter that much.
I wonder if it's still true with the sequel though. That game was bombarded with negative reviews on it's release and I kinda forgot about it's existence since then.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm
Shenmue is proper fucking cancer. We can thank that non-game shitpile for QTEs.
I don't know about Shenmoo but actually Sega is one of very very few companies who know how to use QTE correctly

i.e. basically a easy loading screen mini game where you can gain a small bonus when success without violating Konami (Namco?)'s loading time mini game copyright. I don't know how/why it evolved into such a total stress inducing insta death cancer mechanics later but it can work.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:48 am

Because those are what QTEs are. Press button on screen right now or fail.
And the patent lies with Namco for the loading mini games.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 am

Do any of you faggots have a GBA flashcart? Was thinking of getting one to put in my DS Lite.