What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm
Shenmue is proper fucking cancer. We can thank that non-game shitpile for QTEs.
Not really. You can thank Dragon's Lair for those.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm
Shenmue is proper fucking cancer. We can thank that non-game shitpile for QTEs.
Not really. You can thank Dragon's Lair for those.
Well that's really just a movie and nothing but. Nobody looked at that and thought it was a good idea for vidya. You may as well blame Chose Your Own Adventure books.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:04 pm
It uses QTEs better than most games, definitely better than say Resident Evil 4 and onward.
No, it doesn't. RE4, for eternal shame, had them and they replaced what should've been gameplay. But then RE4 actually had gameplay for 98% of the time whereas Shenmue has absolutely none.
It's not even proper weeb shit, that's how bad it is. If you're going to give me some yellow yid poison without any actual gameplay, at least give me big fucking hentai tiddies or something. Or give the lost souls of the NEET eternal some Shenmoe so at least somebody gets something out of it.
But no. Instead it's the autistic hill to die on for the cargo cult niggers that still fight in Movieblob's personal Vietnam that even he abandoned, to defend the terrible Dreamcast for the same exact company that fucked to shit the only other hill, Sanic, so bad themselves the enemy couldn't have done a better job.

Look, nigger, I don't intensely dislike you. That's a statement I won't ever utter IRL. And sure, I do state my opinion as fact a lot for stylistic reasons. I may call something faggot shit but won't regard absolutely everyone that disagrees a faggot. But Shenmue is objectively fucking terrible and that's about as objectively true a statement I ever said. You should be shamed and ashamed of yourself for saying anything remotely positive about it.

Regarding RE4 it's fine, but I blame it for the decline of the series, as much as I enjoy it.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:21 am

That's debatable. The series would've been fine if it wasn't Capcuck and they thus hadn't decided to continue with the RE4 style but fucking terribly. Clearly RE4 being good was a fluke. I have to believe so, seeing what they made after it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:04 pm
It uses QTEs better than most games, definitely better than say Resident Evil 4 and onward.
No, it doesn't. RE4, for eternal shame, had them and they replaced what should've been gameplay. But then RE4 actually had gameplay for 98% of the time whereas Shenmue has absolutely none.
It's not even proper weeb shit, that's how bad it is. If you're going to give me some yellow yid poison without any actual gameplay, at least give me big fucking hentai tiddies or something. Or give the lost souls of the NEET eternal some Shenmoe so at least somebody gets something out of it.
But no. Instead it's the autistic hill to die on for the cargo cult niggers that still fight in Movieblob's personal Vietnam that even he abandoned, to defend the terrible Dreamcast for the same exact company that fucked to shit the only other hill, Sanic, so bad themselves the enemy couldn't have done a better job.

Look, nigger, I don't intensely dislike you. That's a statement I won't ever utter IRL. And sure, I do state my opinion as fact a lot for stylistic reasons. I may call something faggot shit but won't regard absolutely everyone that disagrees a faggot. But Shenmue is objectively fucking terrible and that's about as objectively true a statement I ever said. You should be shamed and ashamed of yourself for saying anything remotely positive about it.

I dunno man, it's an alright game so far. It's very simplistic and bare bones, but I'm alright with it thus far. I definitely think games like Yakuza and Deadly Premonition did the concept way better, but I can give it a pass. Believe me, I'd rather be playing dreamcast games like Illbleed and Blue Stinger, but I don't have the console, just the shenmue collection.

I like RE4 mind you, I just hate how the series set the trappings for the future games.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:21 am

Don't you dare compare the apex of kino that is Deadly Premonition with Shenmue, which is the apex of boredom if anything.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:32 am

Deadly Premonition is the only good video game.
Imagine caring about Shenmue in 2019. LOL they had two fucking cliffhangers. Waste of everybodies time.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:38 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:21 am
Don't you dare compare the apex of kino that is Deadly Premonition with Shenmue, which is the apex of boredom if anything.
God I love DP, I need to pick up that enhanced ps3 port some day.

Speaking of weebshit, I'm thinking about finally playing Xenogears. What's your take on that game?

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:44 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:38 am
God I love DP
Eww.
Old Black Man wrote:
I need to pick up that enhanced ps3 port some day.
Just pirate the PC port. PS3 framerate is ass. Unless you really wanna use a Move, I guess. You could always import the original PS3 release if you could read moonrunes.
Old Black Man wrote:
Speaking of weebshit, I'm thinking about finally playing Xenogears. What's your take on that game?
I didn't finish it and neither did Square.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:55 am

Xenogears? I guess Shulk's taunt in Smash is fairly alright. Really feeling it and shit, you know. I do have X Chronicles for the WiiU, still wrapped in celophane since well over a year.
Never played any of them. I likely will at some point. I dunno, man. I mean it's weebshit so it's probably safe to say it's super gay shit for now.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!