What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 am

I think the worst part is that these new sprites don't really have any more detail than the originals, making them stand out against the much more detailed environments and monsters. They also talk with character portraits based on the official artwork, which is again much more detailed and doesn't even look anything like the sprites.
And then the PC port added forced screen stretching, and ran some shitty filter over the tileset so the tiles aren't seemless anymore.

I think the PC community has modded in the old graphics, but I'll probably stick with the SNES and GBA versions.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 am
I think the worst part is that these new sprites don't really have any more detail than the originals, making them stand out against the much more detailed environments and monsters. They also talk with character portraits based on the official artwork, which is again much more detailed and doesn't even look anything like the sprites.
And then the PC port added forced screen stretching, and ran some shitty filter over the tileset so the tiles aren't seemless anymore.

I think the PC community has modded in the old graphics, but I'll probably stick with the SNES and GBA versions.
FFIV was ruined also.

Does anyone honestly think this shit looks good? Or better than the sprite art?

Look at how much more detailed the PSP sprite art is. Even the SNES sprite art is better than the butchery that is the mobile/DS version.

Thankfully, the PSP and GBA versions exist, so there are decent iterations of FFIV available. The ps1 version is probably not unplayable either. I seem to recall the major slowdown for the ps1 FF ports was found in Chrono Trigger and FF6. Not so much in FFIV.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:23 am

Makes sense, I guess. FF4 isn't quite as demanding in the blast processing department as FF6, and doesn't really have all that Mode 7 stuff which the PS1 couldn't really replicate all that well.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:11 am

Progress peaked with the SNES.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:27 pm

So I've reached the "illegal digital immigrant / digi-jihad crisis" portion of Cyber Slut, and came across a boss fight I thought was kinda clever for an average JRPG.
Witness me turn into a game journo for a momentShow
So the idea is to beat the shit out of BanchoLeomon (who is like Leomon with even more manliness) with the assistance of Hackmon (who is essentially the Digimon version of OT Luke Skywalker, if Luke got a sword for a hand prosthesis).

So the fight already starts off a bit weird because the delinquent furry keeps giving my dudes a slight buff by basically going "Come at me, bro". I assumed this was just a warm-up, and he'll start getting serious sooner or later.
So around the halfway point he does get serious, buffing himself up and starting to use his signature punch that just one-shots everything it touches. I could also swear he'd give himself extra turns whenever he felt like.
Losing 2 out of my 3 dickiemanz before I could even do anything was a bit unheard of before, and slightly alarming to say the least. Did I hit some kind of wall? Is that boss fight not balanced for Hard difficulty? Trying to revive or switch out my blokes didn't really help. He'd just one-shot them all the same.

Then I realized: As long as only one of my Digimon was alive, he'd suddenly chill the fuck out and mostly focus on Hackmon (which is like wasting a turn because NPC allies can't die in this game). As soon as I started to fill up my ranks again he'd become One Punch Furry again. Certainly the most strangely-scripted boss so far.
super shocking and amazing spoilerShow
The whole fight was just a test for Hackmon. The furry menace never intended to actually win the fight. He just wanted to kick in enough digi-teeth to make it look authentic.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:27 pm
So I've reached the "illegal digital immigrant / digi-jihad crisis" portion of Cyber Slut, and came across a boss fight I thought was kinda clever for an average JRPG.
So the idea is to beat the shit out of BanchoLeomon (who is like Leomon with even more manliness) with the assistance of Hackmon (who is essentially the Digimon version of OT Luke Skywalker, if Luke got a sword for a hand prosthesis).

So the fight already starts off a bit weird because the delinquent furry keeps giving my dudes a slight buff by basically going "Come at me, bro". I assumed this was just a warm-up, and he'll start getting serious sooner or later.
So around the halfway point he does get serious, buffing himself up and starting to use his signature punch that just one-shots everything it touches. I could also swear he'd give himself extra turns whenever he felt like.
Losing 2 out of my 3 dickiemanz before I could even do anything was a bit unheard of before, and slightly alarming to say the least. Did I hit some kind of wall? Is that boss fight not balanced for Hard difficulty? Trying to revive or switch out my blokes didn't really help. He'd just one-shot them all the same.

Then I realized: As long as only one of my Digimon was alive, he'd suddenly chill the fuck out and mostly focus on Hackmon (which is like wasting a turn because NPC allies can't die in this game). As soon as I started to fill up my ranks again he'd become One Punch Furry again. Certainly the most strangely-scripted boss so far.
The whole fight was just a test for Hackmon. The furry menace never intended to actually win the fight. He just wanted to kick in enough digi-teeth to make it look authentic.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to finish Fapper's Memory. I kinda wish I'd waited to buy it since the Switch has a complete two pack now. Apparently you don't have to play Cyber Slut to enjoy the follow up, but it helps you appreciate the setting and story.

Spoiler for the villain of Fapper's Memory and its motive.
SpoilerShow
The villain is your feminine best friend who steals your online identity because he is gay for you, not even kidding.
What Diggymon have you been using? I'm a weirdo who likes Frontier so of course I have Agunimon/Lobomon and their evolutions in my team, but I've made an effort to obtain every digimon available, including the pinnacle Waifumon, which takes some effort and story progress.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:40 am

That Faggots Mammory spoiler made me think of that SMT OVA where the villain is a fag.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:43 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:40 am
That Faggots Mammory spoiler made me think of that SMT OVA where the villain is a fag.
Was that a thing? Funny because I’ve always said Digimon is closer to SMT than say Pokemon, and the cyber slut games show that.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:54 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Thanks for reminding me that I need to finish Fapper's Memory. I kinda wish I'd waited to buy it since the Switch has a complete two pack now. Apparently you don't have to play Cyber Slut to enjoy the follow up, but it helps you appreciate the setting and story.

SpoilerShow
The villain is your feminine best friend who steals your online identity because he is gay for you, not even kidding.
What Diggymon have you been using? I'm a weirdo who likes Frontier so of course I have Agunimon/Lobomon and their evolutions in my team, but I've made an effort to obtain every digimon available, including the pinnacle Waifumon, which takes some effort and story progress.
SpoilerShow
Yeah, I thought it was weird the game wouldn't let you go gay for your crossdressing trap boyfriend, considering the whole reason he went evil was he wanted your dick.
LadyDevimon is insanely overpowered in Jacker's Memory. I used her for pretty much the entire game and then got a Mastemon for endgame. A single platinum sluggomon is also pretty useful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:09 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:54 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Yeah, I thought it was weird the game wouldn't let you go gay for your crossdressing trap boyfriend, considering the whole reason he went evil was he wanted your dick.
LadyDevimon is insanely overpowered in Jacker's Memory. I used her for pretty much the entire game and then got a Mastemon for endgame. A single platinum sluggomon is also pretty useful.
Did you do the platinum sluggomon leveling trick?