What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Isn't Corpse Party the one where you have to find anal lube for one of your waifu friends?

Aside from that, it seems they've also release some Ys games and Earth Defense Force 4.1. You should check that stuff out.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Yeah, Seiko iirc.
Thanks for the suggestions btw.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:25 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:27 pm
So aside from Corpse Party (never played the games but I've watched the OVA) and Senran Kagura, is there any Xseed games that any of ya would recommend? There's a sale on their stuff.
Do not buy Corpse Party 2 Dead Patient.
They are selling just the first chapter of it at a ridicolously high price, and they will most likely charge more for the rest of the game

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:05 pm

>paying money for a 2spooky4u RPG Maker game just because it has voice acting
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:47 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:27 pm
So aside from Corpse Party (never played the games but I've watched the OVA) and Senran Kagura, is there any Xseed games that any of ya would recommend? There's a sale on their stuff.
Trails in the Sky supposedly gets recommended a lot. Visuals look terrible but it might be fun.

The Ys games are great, especially Ys Origin, Ys 8, Oath in Felghana and Ys 7. Oath and Origin are $5 apiece so that's what I'd recommend. Origin isn't a bad way to start out with Ys.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Trails in the Sky is one of those guild-style JRPGs where you solve quests for NPCs. Combat is turn-based with a hint of a tactical RPG (you can move around, not that it matters most of the time), and there's some kind of Not-Materia system where you slot in elemental stones into old-timey magitek watches to gain stat bonuses and spells.
Also I think the first game doesn't actually have much in terms of proper dungeons, or stakes.

I'd probably prioritize Ys.

EDIT: And now Cyber Slut wants me to solve a case involving waifus having their likeness plagiarized for sex dolls without their consent.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am

Mostly been playing a lot of JRPGs. Best of the lot is probably The Alliance Alive. If you can get past the aids art direction, the gameplay is fantastic. It's light on grinding, super fast-paced, challenging (if you don't grind) and features a large roster of not-annoying characters. It's getting an HD remaster which will probably disappoint a lot of consolefags, since the game has no voice acting at all. It's supposed to be designed like a 16-bit game and it sticks to that philosophy. The story structure in particular borrows heavily from FF6, with the different disconnected teams who join up after a certain point, and the airship which becomes your hub. The game was made by the team who created the SaGa rpgs and uses the same general XP/leveling and weapon systems (which is to say, there is no "leveling" as such and you get stronger by fighting strong enemies. Grinding on weaklings will give you nothing, not even money.)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:28 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:24 am
More 2 cents about Cyber Slut: So apparently one of the main human bad guys is going to be that one bimbo who is quite literally horny 24/7. And there's a mandatory quest where you hack into a lazor beam.

Also this counts as a Digimon, apparently.
SpoilerShow
(She also has a black palette swap with guns, which the Western version turned into another white palette swap thanks to some odd censorship decision. Because a militant nun with cat ears is apparently more offensive to Christians than Devimon, LadyDevimon, SkullSatamon, Beelzemon...)
But more importantly, I've come across the greatest character in all of Digimondom:
One of the main characters literally becomes waifumon down the road. I actually really like this game, haven't finished it though.

Damn, I missed RE2 and Clock Tower talk? That's my wheelhouse. Speaking of Corpse Party, what's the best/most definitive way to play those games? I know there's a 3DS port of the original that is supposed to be good, and the Switch has Blood Drive, which is apparently the final installment in the heavenly host saga? My only experience is the tortured souls OVA and flipping through the manga.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:23 pm

When in doubt, pick the iteration that has the most hentai.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:28 am
One of the main characters literally becomes waifumon down the road. I actually really like this game, haven't finished it though.
More like MyWaifumon.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am
(Stuff about Alliance Alive)
Dumb game title aside, this sounds rather interesting. Haven't really played much with special snowflake level mechanics. Besides Last Remnant, I guess.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 pm

>buying games