What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:29 am

Give Icewind Dale a try if you can't finish BG2. People also rave about Planescape: Torment but I've never played that one.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:17 am

I think it has more gonzo and less combat.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:04 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:29 am
Give Icewind Dale a try if you can't finish BG2. People also rave about Planescape: Torment but I've never played that one.
I already decided to take a break. Started up an Evil Berserker in BG1 and it's so much more fun. The map being contiguous really feels so much better compared to BG2 maps, and I like the relaxed approach to companions and their quests. Do 1 quest = companion stays forever. Companions don't vomit dialogue, quests don't force themselves on you, it's just cool. I can go wherever I want and do what I wish. The tutorial takes 5 seconds and is optional, too, unlike BG2.

Last thing I did in BG2 was fail a quest because all the quests say URGENT URGENT GO NOW and I didn't realize this particular quest actually was timed + I was in the process of doing 2 other timed quests (fucking companions!). So now that questline is fucked forever and I'm not gonna reload a save. Fuck it.

I will definitely play Icewind Dale. Planescape sounds like exactly what I hated in BG2 though. I've heard encounter design in planescape is particularly lackluster and most of the game is reading.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:13 pm
Anything calling itself "dark fantasy" is just Warhammer for babies, except they don't notice the dark humor of the original and just have everyone curse a lot (so you know it's for grown-ups).
To them "dark fantasy" and other jack-assess like them believe that dark fantasy is just 'Rape, Violence, and Cursing, but in a fantasy setting.'

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Planescape: Torment is a shitty fantasy novel that is a chore to read due to those weird, clunky moving around, which I am told is gameplay but doesn't feel like it at all.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Planescape is like those adventure/horror-style RPG Maker games in that it uses a crappy engine for something it was not actually designed for.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Manscrape is a gay and terrible VN for white people for homos who don't want to fuck cripple girls.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:45 pm

I really need to install Planescape: Torment and try it. Usually when DHI criticizes something it's something great and vice versa.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:13 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:45 pm
I really need to install Planescape: Torment and try it. Usually when DHI criticizes something it's something great and vice versa.
You're just a faggot is the problem. But if you like really bad RPGs with terrible gameplay that focus on telling a bad story, go knock yourself out, kid.
May I also recommend Dragon Gays: Inquisition as well? Should be right up your alley.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 pm

I heard Planescape was the best shit ever for years. But, knowing how I tend to feel about visual novels and games that wrench control from the player, I've avoided the game. I have it on GOG somewhere. I'm sure it's downloaded on my computer. But I don't want to read text for ants for 280 hours.

2nd playthrough baldurs gate 1 has been very fun so far. Being evil, you have to manage your party rep so guards don't go hostile, while still staying low enough for evil party members to not desert. But not so low that neutral party members leave (if you have any.) The evil team is a lot more enjoyable and combat is more fun now that I have a better idea what to do. Not that combat was ever a massive issue in BG1 for me, aside from a few endgame demons (which is totally fair.) I upped the difficulty (from "normal") to Core Rules (old normal) and yet the game feels easier than it did the first time.

I'm sure BG2 will eventually become more fun for me as well, if I keep playing it. But I will never stop hating all the cutscenes and companion babble that was added compared to BG1.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome