What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 pm

I bought the division when it was like 8 bucks at game stop and honestly probably wasn't worth that.

I know it's not third person but Titanfall 2 is a lot of fun and usually really cheap
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:08 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 pm
Generally speaking, those games with "overwhelmingly positive" rating are doing something quite right, it won't hurt to try an hour or two imo.
Maybe not in your opinion but in my experience you can't rely on those. I've not only seen people fanatically support garbage, I've seen devs just purge bad ratings as well and fans straight up harassing anyone who leaves a bad review.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:08 am
AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 pm
Generally speaking, those games with "overwhelmingly positive" rating are doing something quite right, it won't hurt to try an hour or two imo.
Maybe not in your opinion but in my experience you can't rely on those. I've not only seen people fanatically support garbage, I've seen devs just purge bad ratings as well and fans straight up harassing anyone who leaves a bad review.
I was going to post this too. Especially on steam, you can't trust reviews. Those overwhelmingly positive reviews might be a result of meme reviews "10/10 I came," dev shilling, industry shilling or general shit taste.

I think Rogue Legacy is fucking trash, but people love that game. I bet the reviews on steam are either overwhelmingly positive or very positive. I think the game sucks shit.

Likewise there are controversial games that received negative press for basically no reason, like people shitting on Ken's Rage for reasons that aren't even valid, like "the game has no depth" when that's not the case at all.

And not every opinion about a game can be condensed into positive vs negative anyway. If you asked me about MGS5, having played it, I'd tell you it's not a good metal gear game and it is repetitive, but I still find the gameplay enjoyable on its own terms and I would still play MGS5 to fuck about in side ops and stealth around bases. I can't say the game is good, but I would be sad if I missed out on playing it because of negative press. It's fun to roll with eyepatch doge and kill an entire base silently. Or just hold someone up, knock them out, put them to sleep, kick them in the head to wake them up and repeat endlessly. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:10 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 pm
I bought the division when it was like 8 bucks at game stop and honestly probably wasn't worth that.

I know it's not third person but Titanfall 2 is a lot of fun and usually really cheap
titanfall is dead as fuck bro, and the ones who do still play will kill you within seconds
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:16 pm

I think he meant campaign, which is fair enough.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:28 pm

The multiplayer is super healthy, you can get a game within a minute tops. It's because people have been buying the game due to it being so cheap.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided, fucking around the first hub. I quite like the options you are given to complete the very first mission, its literally just get into a fucking library... and now i just had a crook disguised as a cop shot down by other cops because i found out that he had a bitch making false transit papers while extorting people into getting them.

Taking in count that i could have just paid the fucker 700 credits to just pass, or stun an armed fuck at a side to pass, or other stuff, i ended up going for the most complicated... now i have like 2-3 mini quests that i revealed while trying to get this bastard killed.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:11 am

I'm playing Everspace for my rouguelite and space shooting needs. It's quite good, actually.
It's not even that repetitive because you encounter NPCs that give you short term and long term goals, get bits of story here and there and have three (four with the expansion) ships to chose from. You can also craft lots and lots of modules and weapons. So far, there isn't a lot of variation between a good and a bad run, though. You'll feel very quickly when you're out of your depth in a new sector but since you can't go back anyway you'll just die rather quickly.
I keep forgetting to use all things at my disposal to make fights shorter and safer so I have to repair less.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:12 pm

played vampyr for about 10 hours but its just a boring talking simulator, I find my self skipping the dialogue as much as possible but outside that the game doesnt really have anything to offer.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

GestapoAssiman

Post by GestapoAssiman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:29 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:12 pm
played vampyr for about 10 hours but its just a boring talking simulator, I find my self skipping the dialogue as much as possible but outside that the game doesnt really have anything to offer.
I bought a new Super Mario game recently, but it's just a boring jumping simulator. I find myself skipping all the jumping parts but outside that the game doesn't really offer anything.

DOINGGGGGGG
- and that's a good thing.