What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 pm

I'll probably make a warframe general thread so we can quarantine all this away from general gaming. I know auli asked in the past about warframe so maybe someone other than myself would even read it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:00 pm

https://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/arm ... 3-portable

If you ever needed proof to not trust mainstream gayman journalists, check that out. Improves on the original game in every way, gives you custom controls, runs great, adds new content and ports over probably the best AC game in the world. Meh, 44/100. "It's dated."
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Doesn't surprise me. The controls are different enough from other 3rd person games, building your AC is almost a game in and of itself, and enemy ACs are a huge difficulty spike because they're just as capable as your own rig. This has all the warning signs for a "professional" game journo.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 pm

The funniest part of the whole thing is they bitched so much about how the game is old (ps2-to-psp port is pretty impressive even if the game is old), but they couldn't take the time to look up how to fucking play an old game. That's like giving super mario bros a 2/10 because your bitch ass can't figure out you need to jump on goombas to kill them.

The arena is open from the start in AC3. You can practice against easymode ACs there for free with no consequence if you lose. Early wins in the arena give you parts you can sell for a lot of money. The early missions in AC3 are also absurdly easy. By the time the first enemy AC shows up, you should have a pretty good build going.

There's this video on youtube of how to be overpowered in 10 minutes or so in AC3. It applies to all third gen IIRC. But if you only gave one tip to new players, the tip I would give is to get the best generator you can afford. Spend most of your money on a good generator because, if you get a good one, you won't need another for the entire game. The generator makes a massive difference and the early ones are laughably shit. All your starting parts are bad but the generator is what hurts the most since you can't boost or jump for shit. It's much easier to deal with a shitty frame or bad weapons when you can boost and bunny hop forever.

I know for a fact gamefaqs probably had pages upon pages of AC3 advice at the time those reviews were posted. Added to that, AC3 is an easy game overall compared to both previous and later iterations of armored core.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:41 pm

No kidding man. There's no build in all of ACdom that is not hurt by a shitty generator. Generator is love. Generator is life.

Managing your cash is also relatively easy since you can sell anything at full price, making it easier to test stuff out. The only thing that could ruin your day would be yourself getting too trigger-happy with expensive ammo weapons during missions.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 pm

What do you expect from those peak soy, bottom testosterone faggots? They get outperformed by doves in intelligence tests.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:41 pm
No kidding man. There's no build in all of ACdom that is not hurt by a shitty generator. Generator is love. Generator is life.

Managing your cash is also relatively easy since you can sell anything at full price, making it easier to test stuff out. The only thing that could ruin your day would be yourself getting too trigger-happy with expensive ammo weapons during missions.
Yeah, I love being able to sell items for full price. It makes it even sweeter when you get some shit part from the Arena, because that's like $50,000, free. Sometimes more.

One you understand the basics, it's kind of hard to fuck up a build too badly. General rule of thumb is use a few different ammo types and stay away from the truly expensive weapons like giant rockets. Even if you end up fucking up so badly that you spend more in ammo than you make in wages, progressing the story in itself will give you money, AC parts and unlockable arena ranks you can use to get a lot more money than whatever you might lose.

And there are so many viable builds in AC3. I'm a big fan of massive tanks for the arena/AC fights and quad legs or hover legs for the main game.

I could understand someone bitching about the default control scheme in AC3, but the thing is, AC3 portable and Silent Line have 100% mappable buttons. Most console games that come out today won't let you do that. So it's bizarre to see the same tired complaints "this is impossible to understand" or "the controls suck" when the tools are all out there for these hackfrauds to fix the issue. Some people even prefer the default controls, as I understand it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:45 am

Megaman X Legacy bundle, up to X3

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:29 am

Well, obviously those games being 16 bit means they can only give you half as many games as in the Mega Man Legacy bundle. Or they separate them by emulator. Whatever.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 pm
And there are so many viable builds in AC3. I'm a big fan of massive tanks for the arena/AC fights and quad legs or hover legs for the main game.
I've cheesed through a lot of arena fights with an AC that has the best machine gun and nothing but the best machine gun. For missions I usually pick something with an energy rifle and whatever legs are most convenient at the time. Or I just make a tank armed with any energy weapon that can one shot the most enemies.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:45 am
Megaman X Legacy bundle, up to X3
Finally somebody with good, fucking taste!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!