What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:27 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm
Are you serious? The loading screens are 0 problems here, or do they become worse the further you get?
Savestates are in JSON-format, which gets pretty clustertastic as the game keeps track of everything you dropped or just didn't pick up in anything that's not a random encounter zone. There's even a mod out there that just cuts down on that shit.

As a result, loading times do indeed get worse. They even had do add an option to increase the game's buffer, and the last big 1.2 update had them repackage the entire game files do reduce loading times.

Maybe you're one of the lucky ones, or my GPU just doesn't like Unity. It just feels like the game is struggling everytime it has to load shit.
And at least the rogue/wizard can do nice dmg with cantrips and touch spells with sneak attack from rogue which somehow counts on those.
I suppose there are worse multi-class options for a Wizard than sneak attack fireballs.
Though I guess there was something to that rumor that the game doesn't give you a pure Wizard as a companion.
I didnt dare to take the dwarf with me or even accept him in town, he is a chaos priest and im a goody goody paladin, it would be asking for a clash lol
I bet your kingdom would be a much better place if your PC wasn't such an alignmentist jerk bullying innocent dwarven immigrants out of sheer frustration over the lack of any kind of Detect Gender spell.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:11 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Im about 15 hours in and can say Pathfinder Kingmaker is an amazing game. From the start you are making choices which actually have consequences unlike in many other games. And this was all before I unlocked my own Barony. That should bring even more choice and consequence.

Still not sure on what party I will run. Going through the first story part I picked up some companions and my party so far is:

Main Char: Tanky Paladin, seemed like a good fit for a character that will rule a Barony and has to lead and manage the party.

2. Unfortunately one of the allies I picked up fast was a tower shield fighter, making my main tank build a bit unnessecary, I will either duel class this bitch or rotate her out once I have more options.

3. A mage woman, she came with 1 point in rogue already so eventually will be build as an arcane trickster.

4. some halfling bard, pretty useful for buffs and summons while using a bow to stay safe and be a secondary healer, never used bards all that much in games I might in this one.

5. Barbarian woman, pure powerhouse nuff said, need the dps because my main is more tanky.

6. Cleric heal slave

Im looking to get a druid and a ranger in my party either trough custom npc or a later companion to make the party complete, just not sure who I'll take out besides the fighter. Perhaps the cleric since the pala, druid, bard all can heal to some degree.
But next time I launch the game Ill be selecting advisors for my Barony, not sure if party members are spend on that or can still be in the party as well so that might make some decisions for me.

All in all a great start to a game.
2:12 - 3:46

SpoilerShow

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am

I clicked it but Im not going to watch it because I dont want to spoil anything for myself.

Did hear him mention waiting 2 hours for the opening screen? Get a better pc dude thats not the game xd )or perhaps that was an older build?)
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Version before 1.2 were worse, from what I've heard. And even a better PC didn't help everyone because we're dealing with a poorly-optimized Unity game here.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Trying to pirate pathfinder and what an absolute mess, there's like 7 patches and half of them are huge.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 pm
Version before 1.2 were worse, from what I've heard. And even a better PC didn't help everyone because we're dealing with a poorly-optimized Unity game here.
This is why I don't bother with Unity games. It's the game development equivalent of WordPress.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm
Trying to pirate pathfinder and what an absolute mess, there's like 7 patches and half of them are huge.
or you just wait for a month or 2 and get the game for 20 bucks with 0 issues XD
Piracy is only worth it when its easier.

edit: 0 issues is a bit of an overstatement but you dont have to download all the individual patches for one. And the load times have been fixed, had no crashes so far during gameplay and twice because of alt tab messing up something. Some noobdev errors are still in though like tooltips on skills having error msgs as text but those are not very impacting on gameplay.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

In a few minutes Ill be trying out the lastest faggot mainstream hype called Apex Legends.

I dont totally hate the concept of BRs, so far it just hasnt been done right imo. I havent played fortnite or pugb because they seemed very lacking in areas that are important to me judging from gameplay vids.

I did like the gunplay in titanfall though so Im going to give this one a shot. Still hate that they took out wallrunning and titans but whatever, I just need to stop looking at it as "this couldve been titanfall 3".

Also downloaded warframe since destiny was shit and anthem will be shit, might as well try the free alternative that is most praised.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Have fun. Warframe's some good shit.
mad bum wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm
That's because at least one of those huge ones actually includes most - if not all - of the game files.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm
edit: 0 issues is a bit of an overstatement but you dont have to download all the individual patches for one. And the load times have been fixed, had no crashes so far during gameplay and twice because of alt tab messing up something. Some noobdev errors are still in though like tooltips on skills having error msgs as text but those are not very impacting on gameplay.
Apparently Unity can't quite into exclusive fullscreen mode, which is fucking bizarre to me since that used to be the standard for decades.

(In fact I have to play in borderless window mode because the game gets confused as shit about the cursor position if I use a different resolution from my monitor's native one, which feels a bit ass-backwards if you ask me.)
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 pm

I always play pc games in windowed mode. It seems to fuck up my computer settings less.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome