What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 am

The Playstation Classic looks like hot garbage. The biggest game on there is Metal Gear Solid, which everyone on the planet has in some form or other, and fucking Cool Boarders 2. Da fux?! They didn't even include Tomb Raider.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 am

The resellers are going to be crying in there NES classics this christmas, theirs no real "hot toy" this year that is selling out.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:45 am
Megaman X Legacy bundle, up to X3
Finally somebody with good, fucking taste!
Oh shit Kugel, I adore those games.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 am
The Playstation Classic looks like hot garbage. The biggest game on there is Metal Gear Solid, which everyone on the planet has in some form or other, and fucking Cool Boarders 2. Da fux?! They didn't even include Tomb Raider.
Even MetalJesusRocks, hoarder of hidden gems, was shitting on the lineup of games. Cool Boarders 2 was liked in it's time along with quite a few of the games on there but there is a lot of stupid omissions he brought up like Tomb Raider, Crash, Spyro, Gran Turismo (that one makes no fucking sense, they own the rights) and Wipeout (which they also own the fucking rights). To add to that, Tony Hawk 2 was fucking huge and Symphony of the Night is another than seems like a no brainer. Here is a list of games that, while they may or may not be complete shit, shouldn't be there at all:

Battle Arena Toshinden:

Dated and doesn't hold up. Was only popular because Sony pushed it and 3D fighters were new. Tekken and Soul Calibur killed it.

Intelligent Qube:

More people played the demo disc than the actual game. When you think PS1 you don't think of this one.

Jumping Flash!:

More of a "hidden gem" than a game that should be on the PS1 classic

Mr. Driller:

This over Tomb Raider, c'mon now

Resident Evil Directors Cut:

Should have put in 2, which would have built up hype for the remake Capcom is releasing.

Revelations: Persona:

This is only here because Persona is popular now. Back then no one gave a shit about Persona, people didn't give a shit about it in the west until Persona 3.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo:

How many people are nostalgic for this?

Destruction Derby:

Should have added 2, and even then if you are limited to what games you need on it you can cut it.

Syphon Filter/Rainbow Six:

Both don't need to be here, and no one plays FPS games on a fucking PS1. The only "good" console FPS games of the time were on the N64 so Rainbow Six shouldn't be here, it's the worst addition on here since if someone wants to play old Rainbow Six they will play it on PC.

Wild Arms:

I am not overly familiar with JRPGs but looking at some Top 10 lists for PS1 RPGs and plenty of games are ranked higher than Wild Arms and in some cases it doesn't make it. FF Tactics and Xenogears appear more often.

That's half the games I talked about, with only Resident Evil not being completely dropped and being replaced by 2. You can fit in these ones:

Crash 3
Tomb Raider 2
Spyro 1 (2 is good too but the first one was way more popular than the others)
Symphony of the Night
Gran Turismo 2
Wipeout 2097
Tony Hawk 2

With a few slots to spare.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 am

The ps classic is a huge mess. PSN already has the best games on it and $6 per game is quite affordable. You can build a much better library of ps1 games using that and whatever money you would have spent on the ps1 classic.

Just a small sample of games I own (most on PSN) that I think define the ps1 era:

Xenogears
Chrono Cross
final fantasy 9
Crash 3
Spyro 1, 2 and 3
Symphony of the Night
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics (to me, this is THE ps1 era game)
Armored Core
Star Ocean 2
Tomba (1 or 2)
Resident Evil 2 and 3 (1 is much rougher around the edges)

When I think PS1, I mostly think RPGs and strategy games. And platformers I guess. Some of the most influential rpgs were on PS1, and THE best/most influential strategy RPG ever made was on it (FFT). The ps1 classic game list is shit. As I said, just build a better list yourself. Get an old ps3 cheap and wait for a sale, then buy ps1 games at $3 apiece and you'll have a far superior library.

Or if you're like me, you could get a psp and play all the above games while sitting on the john. +games like armored core 3, silent line, SF alpha 3 max, rengoku 2 and ace combat x.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:39 am

Battlearena Toshinden was only pushed because the DC version didn't have any textures due to a massive fuckup of a rushed release. Sony just wanted to dunk on Sega.
Who the fresh hell is nostalgic for that game? Why not Bloody Roar?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:10 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:39 am
Who the fresh hell is nostalgic for that game?
No one, it was just a shitty prototype to Soul Calibur. Soul Edge would go on to take the ideas of that game and make them not complete shit, it was impressive at the time since even though Tekken and Virtua Fighter were out before it no one knew about those games as much because they weren't marketed as aggressively (until Tekken 2) and Toshinden looked more flashy.

As for your list Tictac, anything is better than the PS1 Classic's list but I would focus on games everyone would agree belong there, most people don't know shit about Armored Core (though the Japanese release got it), Star Ocean 2 and don't care about Chrono Cross. I'd focus on more iconic stuff like Crash and what not, which makes Gran Turismo's omission so fucking weird since obviously licensing issues will be a hassle for some games. You may as well put stuff like Ape Escape in it if you are just going to put random shit in it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:13 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 am
The ps classic is a huge mess. PSN already has the best games on it and $6 per game is quite affordable. You can build a much better library of ps1 games using that and whatever money you would have spent on the ps1 classic.

Just a small sample of games I own (most on PSN) that I think define the ps1 era:

Xenogears
Chrono Cross
final fantasy 9
Crash 3
Spyro 1, 2 and 3
Symphony of the Night
Vagrant Story
Armored Core
Star Ocean 2
Tomba (1 or 2)

When I think PS1, I mostly think RPGs and strategy games. And platformers I guess. Some of the most influential rpgs were on PS1, and THE best/most influential strategy RPG ever made was on it (FFT). The ps1 classic game list is shit. As I said, just build a better list yourself. Get an old ps3 cheap and wait for a sale, then buy ps1 games at $3 apiece and you'll have a far superior library.

Or if you're like me, you could get a psp and play all the above games while sitting on the john. +games like armored core 3, silent line, SF alpha 3 max, rengoku 2 and ace combat x.
I’m still annoyed that the U.S. library of PSOne Classics is drastically smaller than other regions, games we recieved are exclusive to Japan and sometimes Europe for some dumb reason.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:13 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 am

Xenogears
Chrono Cross
final fantasy 9
Crash 3
Spyro 1, 2 and 3
Symphony of the Night
Vagrant Story
Armored Core
Star Ocean 2
Tomba (1 or 2)

I’m still annoyed that the U.S. library of PSOne Classics is drastically smaller than other regions, games we recieved are exclusive to Japan and sometimes Europe for some dumb reason.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Got ME Andromeda for 10 bucks recently and its much better than I expected.
Not a superb game in any way but I never gushed over the ME series in the first place, only liked 1 a bit but that one was unpolished and 2 and 3 sucked to me.

This new one seems about the average of the series unless it gets worse later on.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine