What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Have you ever played ninja gaiden games? The xbox ones.

Maybe you'd enjoy faster-paced action games rather than the slower fromsoft games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Ive played one of the ninja gaiden games I think on 360 but I sucked at it and didnt find that very fun either. the fast pace is much better than the slow souls games though I agree so that is probably part of the reason.

nioh having a story and cutscenes helped me get into the game a lot better too, in dark souls it was just alright wtf do I do where do I go and what is the goal to progress or do anything really. Why am I even doing anything?
In Nioh you have character motivations and cutscenes so that helps a lot too but it has to be more gameplay related for me in order to really like a game based on it.

The only thing I can think of atm is that in Nioh I feel skilled when things go right and when I die its always me messing up, there is always a reason I died that couldve been avoided, In Dark Souls every time I die I felt like wtf this is bullshit and soooooo cheap, there was nothing I could have done to prevent this etc.
I have to wonder if this is really the case though, is Dark Souls much more unfair than Nioh? Seems to be like that to me or do dark souls people disagree with the unfairness of that game?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:38 pm

I think Dark Souls is just more inspired by old D&D dungeon crawl modules, which have a thing for traps and surprise buttsex situations. Just need to be a lot more careful.
Charlar wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:08 am
I can't see what you posted to reply to me, it says "Missing Plugin" so what was it?
Just moeshit
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 am

Dark Souls isn't so more unfair than Nioh. I think it's probably just that Souls games usually don't directly communicate with you. Maybe you're not understanding what you do wrong in souls games.

Also, every souls game has at least 1-2 levels that are pure bullshit and unfair. Usually because of technical limitations or rushed design. Shit like the crystal caves' visible platforms not working properly and throwing you off of them if you stand on the wrong side, and you would have no way of knowing this without dying first to it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:41 pm

I just learned today that the campaign for anarchy reigns actually has character select if you go through the stage selection menu. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I hated that game for so long because I had no option to play single player content with my characters of choice. It was always stupid Jack and shitty Leo.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Lol, have fun with the singleplayer content then.

And you basically have to play Dork Souls as if a boulder is gonna roll towards you any moment whenever you're strolling through a new area.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 am
Also, every souls game has at least 1-2 levels that are pure bullshit and unfair. Usually because of technical limitations or rushed design. Shit like the crystal caves' visible platforms not working properly and throwing you off of them if you stand on the wrong side, and you would have no way of knowing this without dying first to it.
Sounds like the Tomb of Horrors to me, so mission accomplished.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 am

So because I hate myself and should be busy moving and had a perfect chance to do so because DHI was partly down, I started playing The Division.
It's some ol' bullshit in the way that it's an action RPG pretending to be a shooter, like Warframe, but instead of being on the ridiculous overpowered side you are on the underpowered side.
From videos I've seen that's mostly just true up until you hit level 30 and finally got to grind gear that matters. Then it stops to be a cover-based tactical shooter and starts becoming a facetank simulator. I'm level 29 now and I'm eagerly awaiting to not get my shit BTFO by any elite. Partially that's to blame on me being a hoarding shit, though. You get loads of useful grenades and special ammo and have some überskill to destroy everything but I just never really use that shit because I'm stupid or something.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Shadow of War's blade of galadriel DLC sucks hard, I had the gold edition or whatever so I had no choice but after playing it I cannot recommend anyone who doesnt have it to buy it.

The story is dumb, they dump the nemesis system (no dominion,,, 75% of the game was based on this,,,) and worst of all it messed with the optimalization making the game run worse for me.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Dark Souls isn't so more unfair than Nioh. I think it's probably just that Souls games usually don't directly communicate with you. Maybe you're not understanding what you do wrong in souls games.

Motherfucking platform, its one in particular, the one after the 1st long invisible on, the one with the golem at the end and the gecko cave below. The platform is kinda tilted and that shit will make you slide to the right if you are not all the way to the left, without passing to the left side because it will also make you slide... and on top of that the connecting part at the end has shit detection/poor hitbox and you might get pushed the fuck off anyways while trying to get off of it... rushed cant even begin to describe that shit.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:38 am

FuckSploony wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 am
rabidtictac wrote:

Motherfucking platform, its one in particular, the one after the 1st long invisible on, the one with the golem at the end and the gecko cave below. The platform is kinda tilted and that shit will make you slide to the right if you are not all the way to the left, without passing to the left side because it will also make you slide... and on top of that the connecting part at the end has shit detection/poor hitbox and you might get pushed the fuck off anyways while trying to get off of it... rushed cant even begin to describe that shit.
See, you knew immediately exactly the one I meant. :lol: It's fucking infamous.
RAPEMAN wrote: